• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish they would put in more vending machines in the actual levels instead of just at the beginning... I always end up with a full inventory 3/4 of my way through the level

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish they would put in more vending machines in the actual levels instead of just at the beginning... I always end up with a full inventory 3/4 of my way through the level

This stops being an issue once you find a money grenade, upgrade your backpack SDU and stop picking up every gun that drops on the ground. Takes a while to get to that point, though.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017

This is only an issue for me when I'm farming bosses that are nowhere close to vending machines. It's a hassle trying to run back to the respawn point after farming for hours on end.

I believe some of the Reddit and gearbox forums community have also voiced your concern. Needs more vending machines, and I agree.

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
Why are all the artifacts around melee, sliding or crashing? This is the worst trying to force you to use a mechanic I've ever seen. It's like they know they suck so they made a gear slot around it.

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Smash is so worthless. It has only been used once to open up a hidden space and that was in the tutorial mission where it tells you how to do it. Does fuck all damage and you can't even initiate it from a normal jump.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Why are all the artifacts around melee, sliding or crashing? This is the worst trying to force you to use a mechanic I've ever seen. It's like they know they suck so they made a gear slot around it.

Amara benefits greatly from the various melee relics. Can't really think why any of the other characters would use it though, and for those that don't really need to melee, slide is harmless, and sometimes has "fun" interactions like more shotgun damage while spraying snowballs or magma puddles everywhere. Slam on the other hand is pretty worthless. They need to change it so that you can actually do it from the height of a normal jump, because currently there's like no real point ever. The relics in the end though are really just something to equip for the other random modifiers you can get on them.

This is only an issue for me when I'm farming bosses that are nowhere close to vending machines. It's a hassle trying to run back to the respawn point after farming for hours on end.

I believe some of the Reddit and gearbox forums community have also voiced your concern. Needs more vending machines, and I agree.

It's not even really any kind of issue at level 50. A few hours in and you shouldn't need money for anything anymore really aside from random ammo refills that will never exceed what you randomly pick up. The legendaries you no longer have room for that you are exchanging for others you can just drop on the ground. The death mechanic taking funds is pretty much pointless too, at least against bosses anyway. Since it resets the boss regardless, just reload the game and no funds are lost. Another thing is that there aren't really too many bosses that take longer than a minute or two to run back to (ignoring all of the trash on the way), so while having more vendors would make things easier, I think it's a bit overblown.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Zane Digi-Clone Scourge Build:

• Focuses on Under Cover and Doubled Agent trees
• Need to keep proccing Calm, Cool, Collected to reset Action Skills
• Corrosive Scourge for the Clone
• Cryo Night Hawkin to freeze enemies
• Incendiary Laser-Sploder for flesh enemies
• Shock HEX Grenade (helps to keep Transformer shield up) - you or your clone will be activating these via passive skills

Boom Enhance and good position makes the clone spam a barrage of rockets from across the field.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
So what do you do with money after upgrading everything? Slots?

Right now that's the only thing worth doing (for offline farmers the Clap-Trap slot is the only option to give legendary class mods). They need to allow us to upgrade infinitely because money doesn't do much (besides refilling ammo and slots). The same applies to eridium. There's no use for both by end-game. Some folks aren't interested in cosmetics and emotes and some already bought everything from Earl.

I like one thing someone suggested on r/borderlands and the use of eridium. I think they wanted to be able to reroll equipment and weapons, and/or to anoint equipment/weapons. I think that's a good idea!

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
They need to at least double the bank size.

Its crazy restrictive.

If you are on PC at least (or, maybe you can also just edit the console saves to function similarly) you can just copy one of your characters that already has forty backpack spaces opened for another "bank". On PC you just copy the save file, but rename it to a different number and you then have the same character(s) more than once at the character select. But yeah, by default the storage space is too small, although I don't remember how large it was in Borderlands 2. I just remember the shared stash was super small compared to this.

Yoshi88

Oct 26, 2017
Smash is so worthless. It has only been used once to open up a hidden space and that was in the tutorial mission where it tells you how to do it. Does fuck all damage and you can't even initiate it from a normal jump.

Yeah, it's such a shame, especially with so many relics bound to Smash (and slide which for the most part is equally boring/ rarely used).

Smashing was such a fun part of moment-to-moment gameplay in The Pre-Sequel, coupled with the Oz-kits it made for fun combinations and great action. Seems to me they tried to replicate some of that, but smash without low-grav or reduced height requirements is just pointless.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
If you are on PC at least (or, maybe you can also just edit the console saves to function similarly) you can just copy one of your characters that already has forty backpack spaces opened for another "bank". On PC you just copy the save file, but rename it to a different number and you then have the same character(s) more than once at the character select. But yeah, by default the storage space is too small, although I don't remember how large it was in Borderlands 2. I just remember the shared stash was super small compared to this.

I think us console players are still waiting on Gibbed's save editor. That dude knows how to make a Borderlands save editor for console users. So I'll probably wait for that until an actual expansion dlc releases.

Pragmatist

May 30, 2019
I have this weird bug on pc. When the main menu pops up after starting the game, the resolution seems to auto lower and i cant move my mouse past an inch of the bottom of the screen. The only way to fix it is by going into the options, lowering the resolution, then setting it back to 1080p. Any help?
I had the same bug, solution is in this Gearbox forum thread https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/resolution-secretly-resets-but/3135369

The solution in the 3rd post did it for me.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Right now that's the only thing worth doing (for offline farmers the Clap-Trap slot is the only option to give legendary class mods). They need to allow us to upgrade infinitely because money doesn't do much (besides refilling ammo and slots). The same applies to eridium. There's no use for both by end-game. Some folks aren't interested in cosmetics and emotes and some already bought everything from Earl.

I like one thing someone suggested on r/borderlands and the use of eridium. I think they wanted to be able to reroll equipment and weapons, and/or to anoint equipment/weapons. I think that's a good idea!

Re-rolling or annointing weapons for cash/eridiums needs to be a thing.

Jan 4, 2018
Yeah, it's such a shame, especially with so many relics bound to Smash (and slide which for the most part is equally boring/ rarely used).

Smashing was such a fun part of moment-to-moment gameplay in The Pre-Sequel, coupled with the Oz-kits it made for fun combinations and great action. Seems to me they tried to replicate some of that, but smash without low-grav or reduced height requirements is just pointless.
Does Slam scale with melee modifiers? If not, that might help some. Or maybe a shield modifier that's basically Amp for slams. But definitely it needs to be useable from standard jump height.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Re-rolling or annointing weapons for cash/eridiums needs to be a thing.

It really does need to be a thing. Disappointed that they didn't think thoroughly about the vast amounts of cash and eridium we would get by the end of the game, and after. I mean they did think about eridium via cosmetics and emotes, and buying anointed weapons but that's it.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
This game is so much better if you just run through the main quest, only doing a few sidequests here and there. XP scales enough that you end up in the mid-late 30's by endgame regardless, but the real kicker: Once you beat the game, go straight to TVHM and join an online game with mayhem 3 activated. You'll level up super quick and be getting great weapons/mods/etc the whole time. Once you're level 50 in TVHM, you can take your time doing all the side quests and get your level 50 quest rewards without being burnt out from the previous playthrough.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Cryo Laser-Sploder is life. It's just so. Damn. Good.

It freezes fast, does well against shields even though it shouldn't, and rips through armor no problem. It's probably the most consistently amazing gun in my pack.

This game is so much better if you just run through the main quest, only doing a few sidequests here and there. XP scales enough that you end up in the mid-late 30's by endgame regardless, but the real kicker: Once you beat the game, go straight to TVHM and join an online game with mayhem 3 activated. You'll level up super quick and be getting great weapons/mods/etc the whole time. Once you're level 50 in TVHM, you can take your time doing all the side quests and get your level 50 quest rewards without being burnt out from the previous playthrough.

In hindsight, this was probably the way to go. I did everything my normal run, leveled to 50, then jumped in to TVHM and its boring AF because I'm geared up and melting everything. It's basically a joke and a 20 hour waste of time having to run through to the end in order to unlock mayhem levels on console.

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
Cryo Laser-Sploder is life. It's just so. Damn. Good.

It freezes fast, does well against shields even though it shouldn't, and rips through armor no problem. It's probably the most consistently amazing gun in ...

Where can I find this Weapon? I have yet to see any laser-sploders and I farm offline and online, TreeBeard and Tinkers.

All will be good once I find a laser-Sploder and a mirv Hex.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Moze with a Tediore MIRV shotgun is nuts. Throw it and watch everything explode.
Trouble is I also kill myself with it sometimes.

Oct 26, 2017
Moze with a Tediore MIRV shotgun is nuts. Throw it and watch everything explode.
Trouble is I also kill myself with it sometimes.

I got a legendary Tediore shotgun recently, and it has the turret mode when you reload. I had no idea that the Tediore turrets also have the final skill on her blue skill tree--where your normal shots have a chance to cause an explosion.

That makes Tediore guns super crazy with Moze.

Oct 25, 2017

Wish I had known this earlier.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I got a legendary Tediore shotgun recently, and it has the turret mode when you reload. I had no idea that the Tediore turrets also have the final skill on her blue skill tree--where your normal shots have a chance to cause an explosion.

That makes Tediore guns super crazy with Moze.

I have one that shoots 5 homing projectiles with radiation damage. It can kill almost anything in one hit.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Zane Digi-Clone Scourge Build:

• Focuses on Under Cover and Doubled Agent trees
• Need to keep proccing Calm, Cool, Collected to reset Action Skills
• Corrosive Scourge for the Clone
• Cryo Night Hawkin to freeze enemies
• Incendiary Laser-Sploder for flesh enemies
• Shock HEX Grenade (helps to keep Transformer shield up) - you or your clone will be activating these via passive skills

Boom Enhance and good position makes the clone spam a barrage of rockets from across the field.
I don't have those weapons yet, would this build still be viable without them? I'm tired of the drone and clone build I have right now.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they need to atleast double it, you should have enough space to hold one of every legendary. I don't know what the rationale could be for the low carry and bank limits.

Just exists to frustrate players.

Not just legendaries. There are really cool purple and blues too. There is no justification for making us resort to using mules again. It's just poor game design for a game based around collecting loot.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Finally caved in and got this for Xbox, now to decide between resolution mode and performance?

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not just legendaries. There are really cool purple and blues too. There is no justification for making us resort to using mules again. It's just poor game design for a game based around collecting loot.
I suspect they'll bump it up with DLC, but there will also be more legendaries with DLC as well, so it doesn't really solve the problem. They could also give another room with lots of display cases like the room on Sanctuary.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, there are display cases? Where?
In the personal quarters on the wall opposite from the bank. The black rectangles each hold items (one of each type of gun, etc...).
Display cases, unlike the bank, are not shared by characters. I worried that my items were lost when starting a new character, but luckily they were not.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have those weapons yet, would this build still be viable without them? I'm tired of the drone and clone build I have right now.

Digi-Clone with Doubled Barrel is good with the following weapons:

Crossroad SMG
Hive Rocket Launcher
The Duc Pistol
Trevonator Shotgun
Bekah Assault Rifle

Everything else is trash or inconsistent in comparison, imo.

For yourself, you need at least a Cryo Night Hawkin or Lucian's Call. Great weapons for freezing enemies.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Yeah this is very true, got a quasar that melts right now. 100% agreed, there is no reason for this, managing inventory isn't fun when the whole point of the game is "trillions of guns".
Digi-Clone with Doubled Barrel is good with the following weapons:

Crossroad SMG
Hive Rocket Launcher
The Duc Pistol
Trevonator Shotgun
Bekah Assault Rifle

Everything else is trash or inconsistent in comparison, imo.

For yourself, you need at least a Cryo Night Hawkin or Lucian's Call. Great weapons for freezing enemies.
Thanks, I'm gonna go try get them now.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone able to power level one of my characters? The level 50 Achievement glitched out on me and it's the only Achievement I need left...I'm playing on Xbox.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017