• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
What

Naruto is an Uzumaki, it's not about the clan it's that boruto is his son and hence will get a ton of focus
Will now hopefully we might get a ton of focus on other origins

but in Naruto the series it was just the Uchiha for all of Part 2 and if they even talked about another clan it was somehow wedged into the whole Uchiha or Indra plot line.
Yeah it really is a shame I always wanted a scene of Naruto being hyped that he had someone else left of his clan or something and trying to befriend her and getting snubbed or something
same

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Don't need to be either of those things to get to do more than Sakura :P

Very true haha

Will now hopefully we might get a ton of focus on other origins

but in Naruto the series it was just the Uchiha for all of Part 2 and if they even talked about another clan it was somehow wedged into the whole Uchiha or Indra plot line.
Yeah uchiha gets the most wank but Naruto is an Uzumaki so the name is important now even if it wasn't then

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
They basically folded the Uzumaki stuff into the Otsutsuki stuff by making them descendants of Asura and distantly related to Senju. It'd be nice to get a more concrete backstory on them though.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They basically folded the Uzumaki stuff into the Otsutsuki stuff by making them descendants of Asura and distantly related to Senju. It'd be nice to get a more concrete backstory on them though.

Wait the Uzumaki are Asura descendants? When was that said?
I thought the only thing that tied them was the First Hokage's wife being Uzumaki but there was no blood tie.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Wait the Uzumaki are Asura descendants? When was that said?
I thought the only thing that tied them was the First Hokage's wife being Uzumaki but there was no blood tie.
The clan itself is distantly related to the Senju, I forget which chapter that's said in, I think the one where Kushina gets to talk to Naruto.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, Hobo Sasuke represent!
maxresdefault.jpg

NewErakid

Jan 17, 2018
i still havent seen naruto the last

is it good?
The main issue with the last was that at times it felt like a weird mishmash between the normal shonen stuff and a romance which really stands out sometimes. If you like romance or just like Hinata you'll probably like it though.

was the most badass part of the movie, I thought teenage Sasuke was the pinnacle of douchery but adult version is the bossest of all bosses.

I was always pretty neutral On Teenage Sasuke but I agree he improved tremendously as an adult and I really like his deadpan interactions with Boruto.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Only thing I don't like about The Last is that it clearly shows both of Sasuke's eyes as normal at some point, implying he can turn off the Rinnegan, but the rest of the series seems to imply he can't turn it off and hides it to save energy and so I'm confused.

i still havent seen naruto the last

is it good?
It's really good.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The Last is kinda boring. You only really watch it for the shipping shit if you're into that, otherwise the Boruto movie is much better.

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
how much more op does boruto need to be

Just another consequence of poor writing and forced plot:

- lets make up a new doujutsu that was never hinted at in all 15 years of the manga.....hmmm I wonder why
- lets retcon Kishi's writing on Momo dying and have him just throw a powerup to Boruto
- struggles fighting genin, but creates a S rank jutsu by luck

i agree with you about Sasuke, but Naruto essentially could have been a god if he wanted to be

the only reason naruto didn't absolutely destroy sasuke is because a) he was holding back, and b) the tailed beasts got taken out of him

I don't think anyone could stand up to Naruto if he kept all the beasts

Its the other way around:
  • Naruto could never become a god as he lacked the Rinnegan
  • Sasuke could easily pull a Madara. He already had the entire bijuu captured in one glance
  • In fact technically, Sasuke can still easily become all powerful: all he has to do is locate the bijuu, Sakura/Tsunade already have Hashirama cells and capture Kurama like Madara did by summoning Gedo.
Sasuke was also restricted in that fight, as despite being able to outdo Nagato and Madara by instantly taming the bijuu, Kishi made it so that he could not use one of the most basic rinnegan powers: absorb chakra and attack. In fact there was a ton of rinnegan moves Sasuke did not do.

Also I wouldn't call being saved by Kurama, needing to Kurama to absorb the entirety of natural energy above the surface and using by far his strongest attacks as holding back.

Apparently Boruto is moving timeslots and will no longer air on wednesday. It's going back to Naruto Shippuden's old timeslot on thursday.

Was going to say this was great news as we might get more ratings info but then I remembered Boruto had ratings below 1.3 so will likely never make it to the top 10.

Oct 27, 2017
Just remembered new episode tonight, this is gonna be where Boruto starts tryna learn the Rasengan and get Sasuke to train him right?

Oct 25, 2017
Sasuke was so good today. Especially the fight in the beginning all those special effects even.

Konohamaru so happy to teach Boruto rasengan! Boruto style rasengan was amazing.

But so was boruto sasuke. And SasuNaru when they smiled at each other after saying who was the loser!

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen the Boruto movie, but I'm assuming some of this was cut from that? Some scenes like the Katasuke one had a very different tone. I really liked the ep, it's nice having Sasuke back and I'm always a sucker for stoic/evil characters being fitted in the Dad role lmao

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen the episode yet, but from the clips I've seen, it does look like they took animation from the movie and added some effects and a few new scenes. Probably for the best that they didn't reanimate the whole thing.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen the Boruto movie, but I'm assuming some of this was cut from that? Some scenes like the Katasuke one had a very different tone. I really liked the ep, it's nice having Sasuke back and I'm always a sucker for stoic/evil characters being fitted in the Dad role lmao

A lot of this episode was new footage, actually. Sasuke vs Kinshiki was mostly from the movie, but the opening of their fight is different + everything after Momoshiki sees the Rinnegan was new. Boruto learning the Rasengan was mostly reused footage, but the stuff surrounding it (Burger joint scene + Boruto and Himawari) was new.

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Sounds like Boruto the movie. You really should watch that instead of the anime''s version which has worse animation and a more disjointed story.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Good episode. Sasuke is really cool in this arc.

Also, so this episodes re-confirms that the original user gets the knowledge acquired by the clone when that clone is dispelled. So yeah if that hasn't been retconned out then besides "honor", there is no reason for Naruto not to leave a clone in the Hokage office at night. And I don't even think he should get tired. He could just have a clone sleeping or gathering Natural Energy all the time or something.
Caught up aww man it was expected obviously the manga is going full on ninja tool but god I didn't want it
Same. Just another example of Boruto spitting on the goddamn legacy...

softtack

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Sasuke noticed the ninja tool at the end there. Pretty sure that didn't happen in the movie.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Good episode. Sasuke is really cool in this arc.

Also, so this episodes re-confirms that the original user gets the knowledge acquired by the clone when that clone is dispelled. So yeah if that hasn't been retconned out then besides "honor", there is no reason for Naruto not to leave a clone in the Hokage office at night. And I don't even think he should get tired. He could just have a clone sleeping or gathering Natural Energy all the time or something.

Same. Just another example of Boruto spitting on the goddamn legacy...

Lol what?

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Sasuke noticed the ninja tool at the end there. Pretty sure that didn't happen in the movie.
he noticed here like in the movie but and said the same statement about Boruto being "new"

they just took out that Naruto parallel scene and re-edited it earlier in the episode, but also added some new scenes to reflect the novel more then then movie

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My good Lord what an absolute tool Boruto is.....

He really is the neo Sasuke, except without any of the reason to be such a dick that Sasuke had.

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
Maaaan the new Opening is garbage! What is this trash? At least the ending is decent.

And people were dissing OP 2? Whaaaatt, it was top tier!

Openings: 2>1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3

And uhhhh people sleeping om Boruto's OST? Really?? The soundtrack is amazing.
I will list some of the greater pieces. I'm starting with the faster fighting music.

---
Bold

This is 'The Raising Fighting Spirit' - level hype. This is on fire. Once you hear this your blood will pump 3 times faster.

Incandescence
This song is used in awesome moments and is a good motivation song. The build up is great and once the chorus kicks in its just pure awesomeness.

Become the wind (vocal)
Vocals make every song great and this is no exception. You just know once you hear these kinds of songs in anime that shits about to go down. There is also a instrumental version frequently used in the anime.

Sarada~Fighting Spirit
Now this track is good too and it's a fast remix of one of this show's greatest slower pieces which i will come back to in a second (see Sarada Heartbreak below). Basically Sarada's theme.

---
Now let's look at the slower emotional pieces.

Resolution
Goosebumps the song. This is just pure sadness described in musical language. Greatness. Has some kind of Korra vibe to it.

Sarada~Heartbreak

This is the piece i mentioned above. I cant describe this track, it just cant get better than this. Have fun feeling like an emotional wreck after hearing this.

Patience
This one is calmer and a more chill sad song. Very naruto like. Very beautiful composition.

I would love to embed all of these songs but i can only show 2. These are just a few examples. There are more great songs in the OST. Don't fool yourself or get blinded by nostalgia. The OST is great.

---
Also, ending 4 ist tooooop tier

Last edited: