The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
Today I feel like Sarah Paulson's character in American Horror Story Cult.

I'm gonna be at the cinema watching the premiere of Jodie Whitaker's Doctor Who exactly at the time the results will be told on TV. I feel like when I step outside the cinema I'm gonna be in a different country.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Really, really torn between voting for Marina or Ciro tomorrow. On the second round I'll, of course, go with whoever goes against Bolsonaro.
Marina is, as shown in the OP, by far the best candidate, but there's no way she's winning. I'm not a fan of Ciro at all, but he winning is the better outcome that has a possibility of happening.
Either Haddad or Bolsonaro winning will be terrible for the country. Still, another 4 years of PT is infinitely less bad than Bolsonaro.
It disgusts me that that piece of shit is doing so well. I can't even imagine how things will go if he wins the election, which is probably happening.

my intention was to vote for Marina, but it looks like Ciro is the only one with a tiny chance outside of the PT/Bolsonaro nightmare, so that's probably my vote...

Yeah, i'm on the same page.

Marina would be my candidate but she have 0 chance, so Ciro is the only one left.

It's pretty shitty that both 3 top candidates have the worst vices so they can't suffer an impeachment. Situation is pretty crazy.

People defending Bolsonaro are like a religion now. They won't listen to anything and will believe in any lie. They're like a lot worse than Trump supporters. Bolsonaro is easily 10x times worse than Trump himself, and his supporters will get blind to every shit happening.

Ciro is the only chance to make 2019 in Brazil not a battlefield. A lot of people are thinking in stuff like moving to Uruguay or something like that haha

igordennis

Oct 25, 2017
Not living in Brazil (and don't plan on ever going back seeing as that fascist is likely to win) and forgot to transfer my election rights... Wish i could vote against Bolsonaro, sigh.

lukeskymac

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
No yellow shirts where I voted, just a bunch of old people who don't know how to press numbered buttons and a big green CONFIRM button.

Retsudo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
Saw a bunch of brasilian immigrants here in Portugal defending Bolsonaro. Shit is scary af.

Dude is a legit sociopath and Brasil is in for a rough time if he wins. Stay strong brasillian brothers and sisters.

Mazzo

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Not many yellow shirts around my area, but I feel like most people are voting for elenão regardless...

lukeskymac

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Saw a bunch of brasilian immigrants here in Portugal defending Bolsonaro. Shit is scary af.

Dude is a legit sociopath and Brasil is in for a rough time if he wins. Stay strong brasillian brothers and sisters.
What are they doing over there anyway? Shouldn't they be worshiping economic liberalism over at the US? Oh wait.

StrayDog

Avenger
Jul 14, 2018
Do6BB5MXgAAQOzg.jpg

Subtitle: Waiting in the line to vote
Stolen from reddit.

Magni

PT has a LOT to blame due to Bolsonaro's ascension in the country. Why? Because they completely wanted Bolsonaro to be their direct confront. I tell you: look at the whole campaign from Haddad (excluding the one's from this week when they saw that Bolsonaro was a real treat) they DIDNT ATTACK HIM AT ALL. There's not even an miserable campaign material against him. Because it was simple, according to the inicial statistics, if Bolsonaro went to the second turn in the election Haddad would melt him easily. But the other candidates had chances at winning, what PT did? They pretty much screw the other leftie parties from having a blast. They betrayed Ciro a few months back when they had the change of supporting him but instead they went along with a completely different party (https://www1.folha.uol.com.br/poder...sb-mostra-que-pt-comecou-a-cair-na-real.shtml)

That pretty much melted Ciro. On the debates you could clearly see Haddad focusing on attacking Ciro especially and Marina. Why? Because they wanted Bolso. But they didn't count with the population inner hate for PT and Bolsonaro as being an outsider, a man that could be different and honest (according to him)

That pretty much enforced a lot of people to migrate their votes to Bolsonaro. As an attempt to vanish the possibility of PT returning once again, and just like 2014, wee see another enormous polarization with people fearing each other's candidate.

TL:DR: PT underestimate Bolsonaro. Didn't care to attack him right during the campaign, and now we have the worst scenario ever: a literally fascist man and another one that's following orders from an old guy stuck in a prison

This video from Marina's vice pretty much sums it up:

Reminds me of Clinton's team hoping for Trump to be the Republican nominee because he was the "easiest" to win against...

That's literally what happens every single time populist fucks are up for election. Turkish voters outside of Turkey also came out in droves to support Erdogan because "I don't even live there, who gives a shit."

People who don't live in national territory should have their voting rights suspended. Straight-up.

Yeah, no. I voted in 2016 for Clinton, and blue down ballot. I voted in 2017 for Macron (against Le Pen). Both times from Japan.

Macron trounced Le Pen of course, but if you look at the expat vote, it makes the overall vote look like a nail biter.

So just because Turkish immigrants in Germany are fascist sympathizers (the Turks in North America voted very differently IIRC) and some Brazilian emigrants are dumb idiots (but not all, as evidenced by quite a few posters in this very thread), you shouldn't restrict people's right to vote.

I'm voting today from the US. The only candidate that seems like they won't fuck up the country in some way is Silva but it looks like she doesn't have much of a chance. I'll vote against Bolsonaro in the second round regardless who it is. This is a case of least bad and it sucks.

My parents are very pro Bolsonaro but that's not a surprise. I've tried talking them out of it but everything negative is suddenly fake news. The kicker is they hate Trump and voted against him lol.

It's ridiculous how myopic people can get about politics in their home country. The amount of people who thought Americans were complete idiots for electing Trump and then went ahead and voted for Le Pen is mind-boggling.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Waiting on the line to vote right now.

I don't think we have a chance against the neonazi, unfortunately. I just hope we get through this unharmed and that the people wake up for reality quickly for the next elections.

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
No yellow shirts in my voting zone. But as I was walking home I saw a mom with her two very young children wearing the national team shirt and my heart broke.

Michilin

Nov 14, 2017
I convinced my religious family not to vote on Bozo, everybody is voting Ciro. Already laying groundwork for Haddad for the second round.

I'm really pessimistic about the results, we can only hope, stay safe and sane Brazil-ERA

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Voted, there were around 120 people voting, saw 8 people with the Brazilian Soccer team shirt, not that bad but still scary

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Yeah, no. I voted in 2016 for Clinton, and blue down ballot. I voted in 2017 for Macron (against Le Pen). Both times from Japan.

Macron trounced Le Pen of course, but if you look at the expat vote, it makes the overall vote look like a nail biter.

So just because Turkish immigrants in Germany are fascist sympathizers (the Turks in North America voted very differently IIRC) and some Brazilian emigrants are dumb idiots (but not all, as evidenced by quite a few posters in this very thread), you shouldn't restrict people's right to vote.
You're absolutely right, and I wouldn't support that outside of a heated moment like the one I was in when I made that post. But it's hard to come to terms with the fact that when expats vote, they don't necessarily have to deal with the consequences of said vote.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Voted.... governor is hard.

Also, one of Bolsonaro's sons is asking people to make films if anything goes wrong ... and it is forbiden to take pics while voting.

And lots of the "the good criminal is a dead criminal" people doing voting crimes yaaay

and a pic to compensate

What wrong wearing Brazilian football t shirt??

Since the impeatchment it is the official "i hate pt" shirt ... which is ironic because CBF is more corrupt than any political party =P
Also Bolsonaro as a good fascists, focus a lot on nationalism.

Deleted member 35011

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
So uh can you still wear the shirt when it's not Election Day? Like I love mine, but uh not sure how it comes across now.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
Damn this election is making me sad af...
SO many assholes being straight up racist and chanting fascist stuff
Things are getting really dark around here

IzzyRX