• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1981.jpg

Well, you should know Mr. Mueller. Glad to have you here with us! Lonewulfeus

BR2049

Oct 28, 2017
How much of this is real? How much is just hype? We've seen twitter folks, reputable ones, make hype tweets before.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
It still boggles my mind how low our politics have gotten. Everyone in the current administration is a scumbag. The fact that we have such a large pool for possible arrests is telling.

eclipze

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really hoping that Trump fires Rosenstein tomorrow in lieu of the indictment(s). We really need a Saturday Night Massacre part deux.

BR2049

Oct 28, 2017
Let's be realistic, that's Trump on a good day.

I'm not getting excited about tomorrow. I think it quite likely that no arrests will happen.
I don't get this.
"Nothing will happen"
*Charges are brought, people will be taken in to custody by Monday*
"No one will be arrested"

I'm a skeptic as much as the next guy, but there's a difference between skepticism and just saying things aren't happening because it sounds more mature & thoughtful. Skepticism is asking questions.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Cant wait. The trending hashtag of #MuellerMonday is amazing. I sort of want to stay up now, since Im on the west coast, I don't want to miss on all the fun.

Same. If I wake up during the middle of the night, I'll have to pop open this thread and see what the news is. At this point I don't care who it is, I just want to see a) a perp walk and b) Trump sweating and throwing a Twitter tantrum.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get this.
"Nothing will happen"
*Charges are brought, people will be taken in to custody by Monday*
"No one will be arrested"

I'm a skeptic as much as the next guy, but there's a difference between skepticism and just saying things aren't happening because it sounds more mature & thoughtful. Skepticism is asking questions.
Because its not "by monday" it's "as soon as monday". Meaning there might not be any arrests today. It's not skepticism, it's reading comprehension.

Oct 25, 2017
Most will be quiet, some will pretend to be outraged, and they will try to ride it out

I'm sure they'll try- what makes me think they'll end up failing the "ride it out" plan is that Mueller has to have some dead man's switches planned for this scenario. Though I bet it'd take a few days for things to turn it back around though if Mueller does get fired.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland

I'm not out to impress. I just don't trust this. There is no official confirmation, and even so the original story says nothing about arrests necessarily happening on Monday.

I'm also half afraid that this is the point where the narrative tide will turn and Trump's narrative will drown out the rest. America is in a dark place.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Make America Great Again by slowly making Trump's castle of cards crumble down. That is the definition of greatness in my book.

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not out to impress. I just don't trust this. There is no official confirmation, and even so the original story says nothing about arrests necessarily happening on Monday.

I'm also half afraid that this is the point where the narrative tide will turn and Trump's narrative will drown out the rest. America is in a dark place.

Cnns reporting has been corroborated by at least NBC as far as I'm aware, could it have been the same person? Maybe. But I'm confident in major news networks ability to fact check even something as secret as this.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Cnns reporting has been corroborated by at least NBC as far as I'm aware, could it have been the same person? Maybe. But I'm confident in major news networks ability to fact check even something as secret as this.

On a story this big, I don't think the press can necessarily be trusted. They rarely screw up as big as I suspect they may have screwed up here, but it does occasionally happen. I keep looking, but the harder I look the less is there.

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
I've learned from E3 conferences in general to keep my expectations as low as possible lol. That said, if Don Jr. gets charged I'll shit bricks. Also, Comey's tweet gives me "Matt Casamassina pre-Nintendo E3 tease posts" vibes.

BR2049

Oct 28, 2017

Understandable.

Satanael

Oct 27, 2017
Unless one of those charges falls unto Kushner I don't expect this having a meaningful impact. But at this point who knows.

Rob_

Oct 27, 2017
Edinburgh, Scotland
Today could be a good day, it could also be a nothingburger, we will see.

If big charges are filed, I wonder if Trump will go on a twitter rant, or he will keep quiet out of fear.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
We might not. It could all have been a ploy to get those that are in fear of an indictment to finally flip before going through the public humiliation in front of their neighbours and loved ones.
I don't think CNN is stupid enough to lead with their exclusive story just to have it all wrong when the time comes. This isn't some minor detail.

If true (I am assuming it is, at this point), it will be the biggest news yet in the Russia investigation.

I'm willing to bet money that they're not wrong. It's just too dumb to fuck it up. They'd be handing Trump/co. ammunition for "fake news".

laminated

Oct 28, 2017
If i were a network news producer I'd have camera crews at each of these locations to capture the perp walk: homes of Manafort, Flynn, Donald Jr, Tiffany.

I wouldn't put it past Trump to make his second daughter, referred colloquially by Trump as the "not hot one", as the fall guy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.