• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Man the M4 and M13 in the Afterburner bundle look hot as hell when you slap some other camos on, especially charcoal.
Even the mastery camos look good because they keep the grey trim

Kinda wish it wasn't 2 ARs though and one had been an MP5 or something

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Have been sleeping on the Signal 50. Avoided it because semi-auto snipers have been historically abysmal. But with the no headshots down thing the faster fire rate is definitely incredibly useful to get downs. The lower bullet velocity is barely noticeable, except for extremely long ranges and you are not getting you down at that range anyway.

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
Fixed it! On Xbox there are 2 lots of save data: 1 for your profile and one for reserved space. Deleting both did nothing, but deleting just your profile save from "everywhere" and not just locally sorted it out.

Thanks again and hopefully this will help out others. Been putting up with this for what feels like months 😅
Hey, glad to hear it worked. Hile, Gunslinger.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Surviving an intense game of DMZ has me shaking, bloody hell. Rocked up to one extraction point only to see the gleam of two snipers pointed at us, thankfully my team mate followed my ping and we drove like hell out of there with bullets flying in.

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
Just started getting into DMZ after just focusing on MP to unlock all the weapon attachments. Really wish there was an option to filter those with mics and talk when grouping up w/ randoms. Feel like the John Travolta gif of whats going on/what are we doing when playing with non-talkers.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Trying to extract solo can be pretty tense.

I was rushing to an extraction point when I saw a vehicle rushing towards it. Didn't want to mess with no players, so I hid under the bridge and let that pass. No matter, still got two minutes before the radiation starts spreading. So I wait a bit and send up a flare, only for another vehicle with a three squad to rock up. So I hide again, despite their efforts to find me. No matter, still time for another extract, so I wait and call it in again, the radiation swiftly baring down on me. Only now, as I wait hiding again, I see three parachutes dropping in towards the extraction zone. I manage to down the one that landed right on top of me, and get the fuck out as the radiation sweeps over the zone, rushing for any vehicle to drive around the entire southern part of the map to desperately try to make it to the final extraction point. Which I manage with some twenty seconds left. Thankfully there's no one there this time, so I can finally extract with a fucking Basilisk at long last.

idioteque

Nov 8, 2017
I genuinely think the original vision for WZ2 that IW laid out would have been far better than the current state of WZ2.

With how easy it now is to get custom loadouts/weapons the game has become barely playable for me and my group of friends. Who are very varied in skill.

Seem to just get stomped on in the first couple of circles by players using crazy good guns. Was more fun and varied when people were more reliant on ground floor guns.

Not a fan of the current state of the game, in fact, I think WZ1 Verdansk was better.

If they're going to lean into the custom weapon stuff like they are, they need to raise the TTK and allow sprinting when plating.

However, I'd rather they remove custom guns and loudouts. But don't see that happening.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I genuinely think the original vision for WZ2 that IW laid out would have been far better than the current state of WZ2.

With how easy it now is to get custom loadouts/weapons the game has become barely playable for me and my group of friends. Who are very varied in skill.

Seem to just get stomped on in the first couple of circles by players using crazy good guns. Was more fun and varied when people were more reliant on ground floor guns.

Not a fan of the current state of the game, in fact, I think WZ1 Verdansk was better.

If they're going to lean into the custom weapon stuff like they are, they need to raise the TTK and allow sprinting when plating.

However, I'd rather they remove custom guns and loudouts. But don't see that happening.
What's different from the initial plans? All I can think of is the custom guns being 10K each in the shop? Which would be nice on one hand, but it would make the regame significantly harder. It's pretty easy to get a load of cash at the beginning of the match, but it can get super hard to even get enough to buy back a team mate later on in the game. Getting 10K later on would be near impossible.

I definitely do think that 5K for custom guns was the sweet spot though. 2.5K means everyone has their two custom guns before the first circle starts to close.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the fact that custom guns aren't that much more powerful compared to ground loot. Which is mostly down to the fact that you just don't show up on the mini map if you are firing unsuppressed. That shit was a death sentence in WZ1. I've definitely won a good chunk of games with at least 1 ground loot gun.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm never getting a battle pass, again. It's given me fomo in a way I don't like!
Future BPs better be overhauled because if they are as bad as S1's I ain't getting another if it doesn't have something amazing in it.
COD just keeps getting away doing less and less content and more filler for these BPs.

Its a freaking ripoff, you know what the seasonal character got in Cold War...
ui_loot_operator_mp_western_t9mason_1_1.png
ui_loot_operator_mp_western_t9mason_1_2.png
ui_loot_operator_mp_western_t9mason_1_3.png

ui_loot_operator_mp_western_t9mason_1_4.png
ui_loot_operator_mp_western_t9mason_1_5.png
ui_loot_operator_mp_western_t9mason_3_1.png

ui_loot_operator_mp_western_t9mason_3_2.png
ui_loot_operator_mp_western_t9mason_3_3.png
ui_loot_operator_mp_western_t9mason_3_4.png
ui_loot_operator_mp_western_t9mason_3_5.png

Every single character had at least 3 versions of their BP skin, other characters had 5 versions with the 2 additional for Zombie challenges
MW2 everyone has 1 version in the BP(mostly lame all black skins) while Zeus gets 1 more lame version with gold on it at max tier.
They also got emblems and calling cards separate to bp tiers and specifically character challenge related.

Last edited:

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I mostly don't like the BP because I barely know what I unlocked anyway, and applying cosmetics in this game is terrible. Gotta scroll through thousands of locked war tracks if I want to select the one I do have. And the gun blueprints are bugged more often than not. Either just completely not showing up or doing other funky stuff like with the Kastov 545 (?) Blueprint where no matter which magazine you put on it you always have 30 bullets in the clip.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
When i play DMZ, i dont have the option to start with a random weapon. Does anyone know if this is an option that has to be unlocked somehow (by completing missions in DMZ)?

Oct 25, 2017
I mostly don't like the BP because I barely know what I unlocked anyway, and applying cosmetics in this game is terrible. Gotta scroll through thousands of locked war tracks if I want to select the one I do have. And the gun blueprints are bugged more often than not. Either just completely not showing up or doing other funky stuff like with the Kastov 545 (?) Blueprint where no matter which magazine you put on it you always have 30 bullets in the clip.
I mean its kinda just hard to make out in general because of how boring and basic all of it is
all black uniforms
all black guns
all black vehicles
calling cards, emblems and gun accessories that would have been daily challenge rewards in MW19.

Like you know what would already be an easy improvement,
if a blueprint is in a operator skin "sector" then it should be themed to that operator even it it also fits the overall theme.
Like Roze's sector had a Minibak, it should have been Roze's Shadow Company Minibak.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
You only get this option if you have no contraband weapons and your insured weapon is locked until the timer runs out.
Oh ok, i see. I tried to play DMZ together with my cousin a few weeks ago, and then i had no contraband weapons stored and i think that my insured slot was also used up for the time being, but still i couldnt toggle to start with or without a random weapon. But maybe it was a bug in the game.

I now have a few contraband weapons stocked up, but i will try to see if i can toggle to start with a random weapon or not once i used up all my stored contraband weapons, and also used up my insured slot for the time being.

Thanks for the info! :)

EDIT: I fixed a typo that i had.

Last edited:

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I mean its kinda just hard to make out in general because of how boring and basic all of it is
all black uniforms
all black guns
all black vehicles
calling cards, emblems and gun accessories that would have been daily challenge rewards in MW19.

Like you know what would already be an easy improvement,
if a blueprint is in a operator skin "sector" then it should be themed to that operator even it it also fits the overall theme.
Like Roze's sector had a Minibak, it should have been Roze's Shadow Company Minibak.
Not gonna lie, I'm a sucker for the all black skins. Always have been. But I do realize they might not be as exciting as some more extravagant skins.

Main thing is I just don't know what I have unlocked because of the horrendous UI.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
Ehh, so DMZ lacks any kind of meta game? Shame, seems like it's just a glorified companion mode for Warzone 2.0 :( Hopefully they'll add some kind of progression system in version 1.0.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I would have to think the data shows IW that a faster paced BR is more popular than regular BR at this point and they wouldn't shut Mini BR down even though it's a LTM.

electroaffe

Oct 28, 2017
Berlin
It's a matter of taste but I think the cosmetics in MWII are so much better than in Cold War and Vanguard. I love the realistic looking skins and the operators look much better here and are more diverse. Same goes for the weapons. So many details while in Cold War and Vanguard many attachments just got glued on. Didn't have any fun customizing my operator (can't even remember which one I was using in both games) or my weapons. Everything looked shitty and kinda cheap.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I appreciate the grounded approach. No dark aether crystals or Titans.

But I loved how Cold War at least gave their operators different outfits. Park, Adler, and Portnova had some ridiculous ones but also some more grounded, realistic, and badass ones.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
proxy chat gold

from friend's pov:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FJlrtWCF6Q

dont want to spoil too much but we downed 2/3 of their squad, friend finds the third talking shit in proxy chat and...

This is pretty perfect.

I love sneaking up on people using prox chat and having no idea I'm around. Obviously sucks not being able to communicate anything to my teammates but at least we're all aware at this point if someone is silent and not talking, they're around another team.

Oct 25, 2017
I love the realistic looking skins and the operators look much better here and are more diverse.
I completely disagree with this, Cold War took a while till it got goofy.
MW2 went that way from the start with some of the Red Team, Burger Town, Mummy, etc skins.
maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah the base skins are nice and diverse but definitely not the rest.
Base
luna-bg.jpg

Bundle
latest

triageroze-warzone2-01.jpg

DMZ default skin, vs skin in a paid BP

Konig has 2 Ghille bundles already meanwhile others aren't getting squat.

Last edited:

electroaffe

Oct 28, 2017
Berlin
I completely disagree with this, Cold War took a while till it got goofy.
MW2 went that way from the start with some of the Red Team, Burger Town, Mummy, etc skins.

Yeah the base skins are nice and diverse but definitely not the rest.
Base
luna-bg.jpg

Bundle
latest

triageroze-warzone2-01.jpg

DMZ default skin, vs skin in a paid BP

Konig has 2 Ghille bundles already meanwhile others aren't getting squat.

I'm pretty sure we'll get enough great skins in the future. I'm a bit disappointed because I need a better Farah skin but the game is out for two months and I think we got a lot of content already.
And I'm using the Roze Blackout skin from the BP actually. I think it looks great and better than the DMZ skin.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Got 1 hit deleted by the Victus. Like, not even going down while I 3 self revives. Just deleted.

There is definitely something buggy about that weird ass gun because it also just sometimes randomly 1 hit downs players as well.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure we'll get enough great skins in the future. I'm a bit disappointed because I need a better Farah skin but the game is out for two months and I think we got a lot of content already.
And I'm using the Roze Blackout skin from the BP actually. I think it looks great and better than the DMZ skin.

I really wish we could get the Farah from the Raid, basically Red Team without the skull mask.
I hope she gets some skins once she is officially in the game, she never got any for MW19.
Mobile actually gave her a decent original skin
FRRJ4ihaQAA7vGd.jpg:large

I so wish the Blackout BP skin had an alt with the helmet off because I think the pigtail look could be pretty unique in this game.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I really wish we could get the Farah from the Raid, basically Red Team without the skull mask.
I hope she gets some skins once she is officially in the game, she never got any for MW19.

I so wish the Blackout BP skin had an alt with the helmet off because I think the pigtail look could be pretty unique in this game.

Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about the slow drip feed of the main characters outside of the uncustomizable vault skins. It's bad enough that we only got her for one mission in the game but then you give her a white mask so we can't even see her face.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Extracted with $23k and completed two contracts and I only get 27 SECONDS knocked off the recovery time of my insured weapon. What's going on there and what do you have to actually do to decrease this fucking cooldown?

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about the slow drip feed of the main characters outside of the uncustomizable vault skins. It's bad enough that we only got her for one mission in the game but then you give her a white mask so we can't even see her face.
I really hope they don't drip the main characters that slowly.
Farah didn't arrive in MW19 till season 6
Price and Gaz were season 4

MW2 has Ghost, Soap, Price, Farah and Vargas still to add.
Worried it might just be Ghost or Vargas next season

Though weirdly aren't Soap, Ghost and Price in Warzone mobile already and that is supposed to share progression.

electroaffe

Oct 28, 2017
Berlin

Yep. I'd love both skins. And Alt Skins would be great as well. Some nice Farah skins and Gunfight would be all I need. I hope Season 2 will deliver on that front but we'll see. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I really hope they don't drip the main characters that slowly.
Farah didn't arrive in MW19 till season 6
Price and Gaz were season 4

MW2 has Ghost, Soap, Price, Farah and Vargas still to add.
Worried it might just be Ghost or Vargas next season

Though weirdly aren't Soap, Ghost and Price in Warzone mobile already and that is supposed to share progression.

I need a traditional Gaz skin too. Not a fan of wetsuit and gilly suit Gaz. Give me his hat.

But yeah, I have a feeling we're going to get one in each season.

And I don't have a problem with him putting focus on these new characters, but I will be honest and say that five or six of them are almost interchangeable. "Big dude with heavy armor". When I have to go through the customization tabs to figure out which character's skin I am buying on the battle pass. It's pretty bad.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
With perfect aim with a shotgun and I'm using a sniper rifle
I was in the extraction chopper waiting for it to leave and a fully armoured enemy clipped right through the bottom. He was in the chopper from waist upwards and downed one of my squad before I realised what the fuck had happened. Had a few "enemy spawning out of thin air right in front of you" moments today too.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
I was in the extraction chopper waiting for it to leave and a fully armoured enemy clipped right through the bottom. He was in the chopper from waist upwards and downed one of my squad before I realised what the fuck had happened. Had a few "enemy spawning out of thin air right in front of you" moments today too.

I had that happen when opening a safe in a small building cleared, and also a bunch of enemy appearing in front of car I'm driving.