• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2017
Unknown

I like her investigative take and how in her full statement makes the point to use lessons from the scandal to improve protections to justice in regards to corporate lobbying. Making it more than just being about Trudeau and evil Liberals.
Also for an election time bonus she took the opportunity and did a good job tactfully showcasing ethics and integrity.

Looks like the CPC is just running up the score in AB, they look to have terrible seat efficiency outside of that area.

Too bad Nanos got paywalled, they were the gold standard. But Leger is decent, Abacus I feel sucks but I don't pay much attention to them. I feel like they are overstating CPC in ON, no way is it a dead heat here. Dougie made sure of this. I think Leger's 38-30 (LPC/CPC) is more accurate. The gap might even get bigger once campaigning starts and CPC detractors tie Ford to Scheer.

Leger seems to accurately reflect my region too.
Those Atlantic numbers are wild and kind of how I imagined the polls would look when it reached a possible tipping point for voters to start trending in large numbers to the Green. Didn't expect to see it so soon. 2 months before election day.

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
There's been so much movement in polls, particularly for the Greens, based on basically nothing that I'm very much expecting things to shift back toward the mean once the campaign starts, debates happen, and policies and leaders come under more scrutiny.

Of course I don't live in Atlantic Canada so I can't speak to whether there's some real grassroots movement with any depth.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
it's so weird how Abacus and Leger get such a different numbers inside the provinces

Abacus seems to be WAY OFF when it comes Men / Women columns

Last edited:

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
This time last year we were at... * checks https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/canadian-election-2015-poll-tracker *

Aug 20 Forum Poll
------------------------------
Conservatives 29%
Liberals 28%
NDP 34%

So yeah I'm gonna hit the snooze button and not paying attention to any polls until at least the writ drops.

I think I also called for a Liberal majority at somewhere around this point (or September) for the last election, but that was on the old forum.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017

Someone got a phone call from Scheer right after it was announced that this was going to court.

Yah, there's a lot of back peddling going around. I heard on the radio today that the sex-ed curriculum was largely the same. All that wasted energy. I think it's too little too late for Ford and the CPC though. People's perceptions are baked in. I'm not sure what's on top of mind in Ontario as a whole, but people are talking more about Doug Ford than political interference by Trudeau. One has a large impact on every day lives of people, the other does not.

Not only that, just yesterday it was all over the news that the ford government would cut health funding and offload it to the cities. I mean, that's where the bulk of the ridings are.

Now everything COULD change by campaign time. Trudeau will face ethics question at the debate and his response may push the dial? Then again, every time Scheer talks, or if Doug Ford gets in the news somehow people just get angry. Sentiments seem to be unpredictable.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Not only that, just yesterday it was all over the news that the ford government would cut health funding and offload it to the cities. I mean, that's where the bulk of the ridings are.

Yep all these geniuses who voted for Ford will have their property taxes go up. I hope they call it the "Ford tax increase" on the bill.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Yep all these geniuses who voted for Ford will have their property taxes go up. I hope they call it the "Ford tax increase" on the bill.
I laughed yesterday when I saw Rob Ford was on the short list for one of the three new streets created with the construction in Etobicoke. Imagine how often those signs will be stolen/vandalized if that happens. Wonder if drunk driving and smoking crack will be allowed on it.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why the Liberals are playing games with the ethics commission right before an election. It's like our shitty version of the Mueller report and Trudeau has his people screaming FAKE NEWS at reporters.

lol we're all gonna die because of centrism

As a child-less fuck, I'm fine with it now. The next species can learn from our mistakes in a few hundred millennia. lol

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017

The Doug Ford government is suing the office that preserves public-sector transparency in an effort to block the release of documents outlining Ford's expectations for each cabinet minister.

Brian Beamish, Ontario's information and privacy commissioner (IPC), said his office, which upholds and promotes open government and the protection of personal privacy in Ontario, had issued a request on July 15 for the release of the mandate letters sent by Premier Ford to all government ministers. The order was for 23 mandate letters: 21 letters to each of the ministers, not including intergovernmental affairs, and two letters directed to the ministers responsible for francophone affairs and women's issues.

In a post titled "Why I ordered the Government of Ontario to share its mandate letters" on the IPC website Wednesday, Beamish, an independent officer of the legislature, said his office received notice on Aug. 14 "that the government intends to challenge my decision in court and prevent the release of the letters."

For the people!!!

I'm wondering what's in those letters they want to hide so badly.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
I have a feeling Freeland is gonna get banned from entering China on top of Russia.

LOL. Jokes on them. It's gonna get really awkward when she becomes Prime Minister.

Deleted member 56069

User requested account deletion
Banned
Apr 18, 2019
Oof. This looks bad in 2005, but it looks even worse in 2019. Unbelievable. Also, the comparison with the dog legs/tail...

"How many legs would a dog have if you counted the tail as a leg? The answer is just 4. Just because a tail is called a leg does not make it a leg."

FriskyCanuck

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
How do you guys feel about Eric Grenier and his poll tracker? His numbers are showing a slight Liberal advantage with them being slightly more favoured at forming government at the moment.

Oct 27, 2017
Oof. This looks bad in 2005, but it looks even worse in 2019. Unbelievable. Also, the comparison with the dog legs/tail...

"How many legs would a dog have if you counted the tail as a leg? The answer is just 4. Just because a tail is called a leg does not make it a leg."

He doesn't support gay marriage today so this isn't surprising.

May 30, 2018
How do you guys feel about Eric Grenier and his poll tracker? His numbers are showing a slight Liberal advantage with them being slightly more favoured at forming government at the moment.

It's OK, it's better than nothing.

Personally, I feel like certain pollsters are accurate (Nanos,Leger,Mainstreet) and should be included and weighed highly, and certain pollsters (Forum, that new Dart &Maru Blue) should either be outright excluded or weighed very little. Abacus Ipsos are ok as well

Then again im not a statistician so there must be obvious reasons as to why he includes them and the weight he gives them.

I think using one of those seat simulators but plugging in regionals from the more reputable Pollsters would be how I would predict the election.

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
He doesn't support gay marriage today so this isn't surprising.

The Conservative strategy lately is to hide and keep quiet about these things until elected and then spring it on everyone while in power, so they're banking on people being ignorant to the awful stuff they do/say. Any articles that help shine a light on what they actually think and do and bring it to everyone's attention are good to have.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
"Homosexual unions are by nature contradictory to this . . . Two members of the same sex may use their God-given free will to engage in acts, to cohabit and to own property together. They may commit themselves to monogamy. They may pledge to remain in a loving relationship for life.

"In that sense, they have many of the collateral features of marriage, but they do not have its inherent feature, as they cannot commit to the natural procreation of children. They cannot therefore be married.

Neither do priests and little boys but they're OK with that.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe the Ford government is reversing all their policies this week, must be terrified of the polls

They'll just change them again after the election

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Yah. I think they're just trying to mitigate the damage to their federal counterpart.

Too late though. Ontarians are piiiiiised.

OP
OP
Caz

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The fact that Scheer compared same-sex marriage to an animal tells you all you need to know about him, really. Utter scum; this OT for the election cannot be finished soon enough.

Speaking of good and evil, Singh flatout said he's not going to prop up the CPC if they get a plurality but fall short of a majority so good on em' for that:

gutter_trash must be thrilled.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Andrew Scheer the homophobe. Hopefully that clown and his circus get obliterated at the polls in October.

Between this and Kenney stuffing boards with UCP donors, it has been a week for AB politics
And yet a majority of people voted for these crooks and charlatans. Hopefully we get Notley round 2 when more people wise up to Kenney's bullshit.

Last edited:

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that Scheer compared same-sex marriage to an animal tells you all you need to know about him, really. Utter scum; this OT for the election cannot be finished soon enough.

Speaking of good and evil, Singh flatout said he's not going to prop up the CPC if they get a plurality but fall short of a majority so good on em' for that:

gutter_trash must be thrilled.

It was interesting. The CBC analyst on The National tonight said that was a big mistake that basically kills the NDP's bargaining power with the Liberals.

But honestly, it's possible to not support either party and to let both governments fall and trigger a snap election. I don't know what that's necessarily a bad thing if you believe in this whole Westminster democracy thing.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
ECfyog8W4AAzOhH.jpg:large

There's got to be a way to knock down those 55% pillars in AB/SK/MN.
They most likely won't go Liberals in any large number but maybe another party. Affordability polls high in other places.
UBI?
That's something May's talked about. It can be discussed as a political issue not only as means of support for affordability but to help transition workers to new industries as automation takes over and through resource industry changes. Something that effects all citizens and could provide a base of financial stability to all regions.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
This election is all about strategic voting. Trudeau is a liar but Scheer is an evil person.

I'm not sure about that anymore. Else Windsor west would remain NDP. There's a lot of moving parts in Ontario but the NDP collapse might be more profound than i expected.

I really don't know if he NDP can recover from this for the next 2 cycles. it'll be interesting to see what the final results be at the end of the election.

Status
Not open for further replies.