• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Maximillian just said on his stream that if people want Darkstalkers to return, you have to buy this game because the main purpose of this collection is to test the waters and see people's interest in Darkstalkers via this collection. So if we want a modern brand new Darkstalkers game, buy this fucking collection

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Welp, were having the Capcom Test again with all those Darkstalkers games being included.

Don't mess this up, guys. I want this series to return, so you better pull you're weight into buying this collection.

Murlin

Feb 12, 2019
I didn't remember Darkstalkers having that many editions, but this is very cool
Vampire Hunter 2 and Vampire Savior 2 are altered versions of Vampire Savior that bring back the characters that were cut, but remove different characters (they just couldn't fit all of them into one game on the hardware of the time). They're little more than novelties, I'm honestly surprised they're getting the full treatment like the rest.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
I wish Capcom would have packed in the home console features or the upper/max version of SFA3, but I guess that's lost to time now.

Oct 25, 2017
Ten games, and half of them are Darkstalkers. I guess I can get behind that.
Though I'm still a little miffed that we still can't get a modern version of Vampire Savior that has Jedah/B.B.Hood/Q-Bee/Lilith, Talbain/Rikuo/Sasquatch and Donovan/Huitzil/Pyron in the same version.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Welp, were having the Capcom Test again with all those Darkstalkers games being included.

Don't mess this up, guys. I want this series to return, so you better pull you're weight into buying this collection.
Never played Darkstalkers before my partner introduced me to it on their Saturn a few months ago, but it's pretty fun and I absolutely adore the aesthetic. This is a day one buy for me. (And them, because I'm getting them a copy too lol)

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Maximillian just said on his stream that if people want Darkstalkers to return, you have to buy this game because the main purpose of this collection is to test the waters and see people's interest in Darkstalkers via this collection. So if we want a modern brand new Darkstalkers game, buy this fucking collection

Isn't this like the 4th Collection that Capcom made to test the waters for Darkstalkers? lol

Like I don't doubt him, but I also see diminishing returns with the "well we're not sure if the fans are interested so please by the latest ports of the old arcade versions to prove it!"

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Isn't this like the 4th Collection that Capcom made to test the waters for Darkstalkers? lol

Like I don't doubt him, but I also see diminishing returns with the "well we're not sure if the fans are interested so please by the latest ports of the old arcade versions to prove it!"
Don't know but he emphasized it for this specific collection lol

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I guess they were telling the truth, Darkstalkers isn't dead!

A new Darkstalkers, however...

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Very interested in this. It's really nice that there's a training mode for the games too. Hopefully that other bit about the EX Settings means you can also get some of the special mechs without a hassle. Is the Akuma Mech in the arcade version? I assume these are all arcade versions, and I know Cyberbots actually had some console exclusive stuff, but off the top of my head, all I know was that it had voice acting.

Also I'm curious what's going on with Red Earth being online. There was some type of extra Versus mode for it, right?

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Wait what, no Steam? :(
Yes, it's coming to Steam! Physical editions for PS4/XBO/NS are confirmed as well though
FMGOJHmVEAERXZt

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
This was actually an awesome announcement. Hopefully the netcode is good.

Dec 23, 2017
It's listed for Steam too.
Yes, it's coming to Steam! Physical editions for PS4/XBO/NS are confirmed as well though
FMGOJHmVEAERXZt
It's on Steam; there just isn't a physical PC version.
Steam logo is in the trailer, OP forgot to include PC in the title.

Yeah, I had to squint a little, I see it now! Thanks guys! xD

Garlic

Oct 28, 2017
Not much of a fighter guy but Red Earth is really cool, had a chance to play it on a cabinet once, gorgeous pixel art and animation

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
God, I hope so. Digital Eclipse is terrible. Still bitter about the SF30th collection.
Yeah, the logo and case design is even near identical as well:

FMGPV_hUcAIXd23

81rKfzhpY9L._SY606_.jpg

So yeah, I'm guessing it's probably internally done. Glad it's releasing physically outside of Japan this time!

Only issue the bundle had was bare minimum screen options at launch and kinda not great online. We know the latter's fixed, at least!

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Who do I have to talk to for the Saturday Night Slam Masters games to be included in one of these things?

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
In for a physical copy day 1! Sweeet.

Now give me my Marvel collection, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease! :'(