• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Dusk probably couldnt help himself and leaked another new info on RE title. Dont get me wrong, I like the dude and his insight, so be nice please.

He says that Outrage is coming within 1 year after Village as a full AAA RE title that has been in dev for 4 years and stars Rebecca Chambers alongside 2 more returning characters.

Supposedly timed switch exclusive, then cross gen title. You can read more at his twitter but there are like 10 tweets and a few threads (even about Village) so check his twitter if you like to know more.

I didnt find any thread on Era but if i somehow fucked up the searching, let mods know to lock the thread.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Switch timed exclusive? Well, look at those fancy gamers enjoying the fruits that other consoles usually do.
1_4691731.png

OP
OP
fanboy

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
+1 to this.

Also will Revelations 3 be more like Rev 1 or Rev 2 where it was episodic?

I dont want to put words in Dusk's mouth but to me it looks like he is talking about full fledged game.

Happy with a new 3rd person RE, too bad it will be restricted by the weak Switch hardware

I think there will be huge differences between switch and other console versions.

They can releaae it so soon after Village because Village aint appearing on Switch. Half a year later they can release version for stronger consoles whem re8 sales wont be that great after year and a half after launch.

Interesting that it is a Switch exclusive. Most certainly a timed exclusive (this is Resident Evil after all).

Yep, Dusk confirms its timed only.

Didn't Dusk retire from leaking? Guess the spotlight was too much to give up.

He loves talking and discussing RE/Capcom things. He tweets A LOT about them. Maybe he just sometimes feels like slipping some info to his fans, I dont know. Its not lile he is only seeking attention. He talks with people on Twitter about everything. I dont mind if he breaks his promise.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Guess I'll have to play Revelaitons 2, I loved the first one but never bothered with the episodic nature of the sequel.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Becky is enough reason to be excited for me, time to pray that she teams up with billy again.
What a wholesome reunion would that be.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Seems Nintendonis getting pretty chunky with cap on with these moneyhatted timed exclusives. I don't really mind, because cap on puts out some of its best stuff when Nintendo is involved.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Didn't Dusk retire from leaking? Guess the spotlight was too much to give up.

He said he did, but he's been consistently leaking and/or commenting on other leaks after his retirement or whatever.

a lot of this was in the leaks already

I wouldn't say a lot of it was. Things like it being a timed exclusive for Switch was not, it was only known to be coming to Switch alongside other platforms, all the stuff about Rebecca being the main character is from Dusk, as well as the plot and scope of the game. I think most of this is actually new stuff or stuff that originally came from him, not the mega leak.

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
There was some rumour about it being set in the Spanish mountains with Leon and Sheva. Bs?

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I guess a lot of people didn't keep up with the Capcom leaks? Most of this was known already.

I think there will be huge differences between switch and other console versions.
Based on what though? I don't think there's much reason to think this. See Revelations 3DS vs other versions. It's the same game.

More info from Dusk

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
This stuff isn't really new honestly, I've kind of have been talking about it for almost a year now. Though one thing I realized within the last year... This is going to take a bit of explaining, but there was a point in time I thought Village and Revelations 3 were the same, but that wasn't the case. Some may recall when Village was near announcing, I said it was to star three characters, and I had heard Chris, Ethan, Rebecca, but Rebecca was getting the boot for another new female character in Village.

So where my confusion came from is originally I had heard about Revelations 3 in 2017, heard it was being developed with Switch in mind, and it'd be starring Rebecca. I did not hear about the game again until 2018, I first heard the game was going to release in 2021/2022 for everything & be a cross-gen title, and later someone told me details about "Revelations 3", which was it had Chris and Ethan from RE7 as well as a third character, it would take place in some snowy European mountains, and was "very RE4 like".

So in retrospective, this was Village. I also found out closer to Village's announcement that Village was a side game that went back to being RE8 like, a year ago or so? Anyways, at the time with the pieces I heard, I though Rev 3 & Village were the same thing, and I did think that for a time.

However, I had another person who swore up & down to me that Village was NEVER Revelations 3 and I was wrong in reporting that. And within the last few months especially, I now know that is true and I realized due to one person telling me about Village as Rev 3, I had a lot of wires crossed between the two. Sometimes that happens, Village was not always RE8, there was another game that was RE8 in 2018 especially, but Village was an undecided side game just called Village, Rev 3 was something else entirely.

More confusingly both of them starred three characters, were in dev around the same time, were both aiming for a release close to each other. I actually do get how some who told me might've had some wired crossed at the time. There's certain other things I said about Village that were actually for Rev 3 some months ago, but I won't say any more than that.

The only other thing I'm going to throw out there so it's clear later I'm not bullshitting is Rebecca is no longer white, she always had faces based off of Japanese models, but for Outrage she'll be Asian rather than white.

Anyways, I'm not going to talk anymore about it. Now is Village time, I am excited for Outrage, but Village deserves the attention for the moment. Right now the public doesn't know very much about Outrage, and I think it's better that way.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
I'm just fucking glad Rebecca finally gets to star in another game.

I tried playing through RE0 which was fine, but I just dropped interest midway through. I just hope Capcom mines more of its legacy characters in RE instead of forcing Chris and Leon to us again and again.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
looking forward to it. loving the capcom switch support, all that's missing is new ace attorney (which is coming too according to leaks).

edit: lol, i see people are already mad about this being a switch game before it's even announced.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Rebecca was most recently in Vendetta, wasn't she? How'd that movie turn out? Still need to watch it and Damnation.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Give me Alex Wesker and Moira. That's all I want.

I would love to have Jill and Leon as well tbh

Edit: Yes, please have Raid in the game. That was so fun in Revelations 2.

OP
OP
fanboy

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
This stuff isn't really new honestly, I've kind of have been talking about it for almost a year now. Though one thing I realized within the last year... This is going to take a bit of explaining, but there was a point in time I thought Village and Revelations 3 were the same, but that wasn't the case. Some may recall when Village was near announcing, I said it was to star three characters, and I had heard Chris, Ethan, Rebecca, but Rebecca was getting the boot for another new female character in Village.

So where my confusion came from is originally I had heard about Revelations 3 in 2017, heard it was being developed with Switch in mind, and it'd be starring Rebecca. I did not hear about the game again until 2018, I first heard the game was going to release in 2021/2022 for everything & be a cross-gen title, and later someone told me details about "Revelations 3", which was it had Chris and Ethan from RE7 as well as a third character, it would take place in some snowy European mountains, and was "very RE4 like".

So in retrospective, this was Village. I also found out closer to Village's announcement that Village was a side game that went back to being RE8 like, a year ago or so? Anyways, at the time with the pieces I heard, I though Rev 3 & Village were the same thing, and I did think that for a time.

However, I had another person who swore up & down to me that Village was NEVER Revelations 3 and I was wrong in reporting that. And within the last few months especially, I now know that is true and I realized due to one person telling me about Village as Rev 3, I had a lot of wires crossed between the two. Sometimes that happens, Village was not always RE8, there was another game that was RE8 in 2018 especially, but Village was an undecided side game just called Village, Rev 3 was something else entirely.

More confusingly both of them starred three characters, were in dev around the same time, were both aiming for a release close to each other. I actually do get how some who told me might've had some wired crossed at the time. There's certain other things I said about Village that were actually for Rev 3 some months ago, but I won't say any more than that.

The only other thing I'm going to throw out there so it's clear later I'm not bullshitting is Rebecca is no longer white, she always had faces based off of Japanese models, but for Outrage she'll be Asian rather than white.

Anyways, I'm not going to talk anymore about it. Now is Village time, I am excited for Outrage, but Village deserves the attention for the moment. Right now the public doesn't know very much about Outrage, and I think it's better that way.

Thanks for more info. Really appreciate that.

Higher resolution and framerate probably, not even enough to make it look like a native ps4/xbone game, but ofc it's just a guess.

I was thinking

Bigger LoD
60fps/4k on next gen consoles
No loadings
Hi-Res textures and better visual quality overa in bigger resolution.

And things like these. That is big in my eyes.