• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Strange, I watched the movie yesterday. You know, there are other countries in the world besides the US.

About the movie, standard Marvel fare. Average at best, great CGI, but as many cliches as the next horror movie.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Shouldn't it be possible to write an algorithm that detects obvious manufacted mass voting on things like this..

Regardless, it must be sad to only get victories like this for troll haters. They can't make any real impact so they hijack polls no one cares about.

Strange, I watched the movie yesterday. You know, there are other countries in the world besides the US.

It has more votes than Infinity War which opened almost a year ago, so yeah, it's obvious.

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
eh..does it really matters...for better or worse?
You just know some people are going to keep bringing this up over the next few years, much like TLJ haters still bring up rotten tomatoes audience score as some kind of proof that general audiences hated it

E: To be more accurate, no, it doesn't matter, but I imagine it's going to be quite annoying

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
You just know some people are going to keep bringing this up over the next few years, much like TLJ haters still bring up rotten tomatoes audience score as some kind of proof that general audiences hated it

E: To be more accurate, no, it doesn't matter, but I imagine it's going to be quite annoying

what OP is saying isn't even about the score itself but the 'quantity of the scorers'..........which is a metric for what exactly?

OP
OP

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It shouldn't, but it will most definitely get brought up

About the movie, standard Marvel fare. Average at best, great CGI, but as many cliches as the next horror movie.
Oh yeah it opened earlier this week, I saw it wednesday. But the US is the biggest market probably.

Yep.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
The movie has been out for a few days here. The world is larger than the US. But yeah 95% of those reviews are bullshit from people that haven't seen it, and RT should get their shit together.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

mjgrin.png

I hope these guys get over the existence of women one day.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
It should be known that manchildren review bombing TLJ contributed to poisoned discussion even on websites like this era where "allies" suddenly cared about user score as the metric for audience reception and totally don't have a problem with all the women in the film.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine putting effort into trashing a movie you don't even care about just to make the point that women should stick to the kitchen instead of leading superhero movies.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Huh and? Nobody gives a fuck about these scores (and even looks them up) nowadays anymore. It's all word by mouth, news, hype trailers and everything. Everytime I try to talk about movies with other people they don't even know what the hell Metacritic or Rottentomatoes are and if I tell them to look it up they dont care.

Let the cry babies try to fuck it up. They waste their lives.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Shugga Should add this example to your OP.

You can literally blatantly admit to not seeing the film while leaving a lowest possible score. Or you can just do nothing other than leaving the lowest possible score.
NbPQqTv.png

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
I mean look at the like/dislike bar for Brie Larson's Youtube videos. The babies are out in force lol.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Brie Larson always seems such a magnificent person, the internet truly is a sad place for disliking her.

That said, I wish I liked the movie more than I did. This deserved to be a great movie, instead I found it was a badly scripted, mediocre mess.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Way too easy to skew scores with bullshit. IW is a much bigger movie than CM and a year later is already below CM.

You should explain what you are talking about in OP then, didn't make any sense.

Anyway who cares? Trolls always do this shit. It doesn't matter. It's obviously idiots trolling based on the screenshot someone just shared and the movie is gonna make a shitload of money. They don't make any kind of difference. I doubt RT is gonna hire 100 or 1000 people of whatever it takes to review a bunch of user reviews.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
It should be known that manchildren review bombing TLJ contributed to poisoned discussion even on websites like this era where "allies" suddenly cared about user score as the metric for audience reception and totally don't have a problem with all the women in the film.
Problem is, what other metric for reception do we have other than anecdotal personnal experience ?

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
So what exactly did she do to make these nerds angry?
She was always going to get shit but this comment really galvanized everyone.
"About a year ago, I started paying attention to what my press days looked like and the critics reviewing movies, and noticed it appeared to be overwhelmingly white male," Larson told Marie Claire interviewer Keah Brown, a disabled journalist the actress handpicked for the gig. "So, I spoke to Dr. Stacy Smith at the USC Annenberg Inclusion Initiative, who put together a study to confirm that. Moving forward, I decided to make sure my press days were more inclusive. After speaking with you, the film critic Valerie Complex and a few other women of color, it sounded like across the board they weren't getting the same opportunities as others. When I talked to the facilities that weren't providing it, they all had different excuses."
https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-b...el-made-angry-white-men-lose-their-damn-minds

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
How dare... women be in films!

How dare she!
Too much politics in films!

I'm burning my Captain America t-shirt!

/s

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
Well if box office success is related to number of Era threads running concurrently we could be on to a winner.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Problem is, what other metric for reception do we have other than anecdotal personnal experience ?
Cinemascore is the industry metric for audience reception.

How dare... women be in films!

How dare she!
Too much politics in films!

I'm burning my Captain America t-shirt!

/s
Surely by pure coincidence, there was nowhere near as much backlash when the male actors of the MCU, all of whom are open liberals, made political statements.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Imagine being a sexist dumbass who's so bothered by women that you think review bombing a Marvel movie is a meaningful victory.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
What shit needs to be in order? I don't understand op
It's way too easy for groups of members to spam drop a film's user rating, in general and early, because they hate the fact the film/show stars a woman, or black person, or gay/trans person. It's been years of seeing this in effect, we know this shit happens, not just is capable of happening

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
She was always going to get shit but this comment really galvanized everyone.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-b...el-made-angry-white-men-lose-their-damn-minds
People really showed their colors getting so upset about something so fucking inconsequential.

Like, I know that's usually par for the course but in this case it is literally the most trivial thing to get upset about. I bet if she never mentioned the words "white male", no one would've given a shit.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's way too easy for groups of members to spam drop a film's user rating, in general and early, because they hate the fact the film/show stars a woman, or black person, or gay/trans person. It's been years of seeing this in effect, we know this shit happens, not just is capable of happening

I got it now. The problem was the op doesn't explain shit and was even worse originally.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Just like I don't like the system I described, I'm also not very fond of a system limited to a single country. Can't judge the rest of their evaluation system thought since I'm not sure I really understand it, it seems like they only take stats from opening-day audiences ( or I'm mistaken ? ), which is also something I don't really like that much.

That being said there is not much to complain about since it's a good excuse to show people that the prequels were good movies ( which lead to amazing games ).

Oct 25, 2017
This is part of why I can't really buy that The Last Jedi's user score was authentically that low. I can buy that it was a divisive movie, but the targeting that movies like CM and BP get seems like something that would exist for TLJ as well, to some extent at least.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
The weird thing is that RT took down audience "want to see" scores before the movie released, seemingly in response to the review bombing that Captain Marvel, and other movies like The Last Jedi, were victims of, but now that the movie is out, all those old review bomb comments appear once again. I don't know if the "want to see" ratings turn into user scores after a movie releases, but regardless, it seems like their previous move of taking down the prerelease rating amounted to nothing. Still no verified reviews, no vetting comments to at least limit bots and users creating multiple accounts to spam a negative reviews. RT knows they have a problem they turned a blind eye to and even know they basically are just letting it run rampant.

Last edited: