FinalArcadia

Nov 4, 2020
USA
Glad that Richter is keeping pretty much his same character design from the PSP version of Rondo of Blood, it was always such a nice design. I loved the previous Castlevania show, so I've got high hopes for this one as well. Curious how they will handle Dracula himself here, since I'm assuming this isn't going to be like an AU from the original show but will actually follow the events/characterization there.

TΛPIVVΛ

Nov 12, 2017
this is so amazing! we're doing playthroughs with a friend group of Castlevania: Requim (Symphony of the night & Next month Rondo) and this comes at the perfect time some of them it's their first time and are LTTP and are absolutely LOVING IT!

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Best Belmont lets fucking go!!!
I loved the original show, even season 3 with its flaw. Hope this one deliver.
The real challenge now is going to see if they have a character that can match Isaac.

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
My wishes:
- less swearing
- way less pointless gore
- less sexual stuff (not in a prude context; just makes no sense in Castlevania core setting)

Basically less "westernized" and mainstream.
I really didn't like the first seasons. Didn't feel like "Castlevania" at all.

IzzyRX

Powered by Friendship™
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I love Richter since he's kinda arrogant, but what matters is that I can almost taste SOTN now.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
My wishes:
- less swearing
- less sexual stuff (not in a prude context; just makes no sense in Castlevania core setting)

But we all know Richter fucks. He is off to save his beloved one.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
My wishes:
- less swearing

I mean... It has a different writer but the same directors. Probably shouldn't expect it to be *that* different in tone/content.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
My wishes:
- less swearing

All I want are more actual Castlevania enemies. No idea why they thought they had to make up monsters even though Castlevania has a massive bestiary. If I don't see a bone piller spitting fire at someone I'm gonna riot.

Foxisdabest

Banned
May 8, 2022
Have we had more new releases of Castlevania on netflix than new games in the last year? -_-

Just give us a new fucking game, damnit!

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Given that the first season dealt with the Belmont bloodline being all but forgotten, I wonder if in Richter's time, if they're going to be famous again.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
I mean if they did not much would be lost considering she isn't really in the games other than to be saved. Well only in Rondo

lol fair enough. I wouldn't have that much of a problem with it, if they use it as a way to introduce Sanctuary--but then again I doubt anyone on the team is going to pull that deep of a reference, and I also doubt this show lives beyond SotN (maybe 1999 + Aria of Sorrow, if we're lucky).

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
They actually have two games and a radio drama to work with, so I can see this having a beefy cast. Just don't do the "Richter nearly dies to a swarm of bats" bit that the radio drama went through.

Shaft and Magnus can be the villains for this show unless they lean into all new characters.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
While you all arguing best Belmont, little Maria could steamrolled them bosses while sliding on her stomach & horrible singing.

Dracula: "Who's at the door, Death? Is it the little girl with the doves or the super ripped dude from the bloodline of superheroes with the magical weapon forged to specifically kill me?"
Death: "It's the little girl, your lordship."
Dracula: "Fuuuuuuuuuck...."

JonaB1986

Sep 15, 2020
Considering how the first series ended, I wonder
how they intend to address Dracula being evil again?

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, why did they skip Simon Belmont? Isn't he the son of Trevor and Sypha?

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Curious how they will handle Dracula himself here, since I'm assuming this isn't going to be like an AU from the original show but will actually follow the events/characterization there.
Yeah I'm pretty curious about this as well. Any guesses I could have would just be speculation at this point, but I think there could be some pretty interesting characterization involving Dracula if the writers play their cards right.

In any case, I'm sooo excited to see Rondo and Symphony adapted. Richter is my favorite Belmont (along with Julius) so I can't wait to see what they do with him.

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
Can't wait for Nocturne.

Skipping Simon sucks. A very liberal adaptation of Simon's Quest with new characters could have been great.

This should be good though.

In my mind, I kind of pictured adapting the original Castlevania kind of like Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal. Just Simon going absolute beast mode on Dracula's Castle. Just do it as one single movie of awesomely animated, musically energetic madness.

Simon's Quest is where you get to go a little deeper into his humanity, even as the curse is taking it from him. He's forced to open up more to people.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
God I hope they eventually get to the Sorrow games but that's probably too much to hope for. I'll be there for this though.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Like instead of having Shaft resurrect Vlad, maybe he's trying to CREATE a new Dracula.
Death would love that, too. Though that kind of idea took center stage in Aria and Dawn (of Sorrow).

But generally yes, I like the idea of a "new" Dracula that isn't Vlad Tepes becoming the new King of Darkness for the Belmonts/Alucard/whathaveyou to fight instead of just resurrecting the same guy again over and over, especially after the first show's ending.

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
Death would love that, too. Though that kind of idea took center stage in Aria and Dawn (of Sorrow).

But generally yes, I like the idea of a "new" Dracula that isn't Vlad Tepes becoming the new King of Darkness for the Belmonts/Alucard/whathaveyou to fight instead of just resurrecting the same guy again over and over, especially after the first show's ending.

Fundamentally there HAS TO BE a Dark Lord. If not Dracula, then someone else.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
IMG_1530.png
Do we know what this Clive Bradley has worked on before this? There's a Clive Bradley on IMDB, but I don't think it's him.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
Wait, why did they skip Simon Belmont? Isn't he the son of Trevor and Sypha?
No, his adventure was 200 years later in the game canon. Trevor fights Dracula in 1476, Simon fights Dracula in 1691. Richter is another few generations past Simon; he fights Dracula in 1792. So the anime is skipping about 300 years and a bunch of games.

It does make some sense though. Between Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night, Richter has one of the largest casts of supporting characters surrounding him.

Edit: Oh, you are probably thinking of the Lords of Shadows continuity. Simon is Trevor's son there.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hm how would that work though ? Dracula is the main antagonist of the Castlevania series. But maybe they are going more with the Shaft route this time. I am also curious how Maria will look. Probably showing her in her kid form from Rondo.

I think they can just focus on Shaft. Maybe he CLAIMS he's trying to resurrect Dracula, but he's an idiot who doesn't know Dracula is still alive so the resurrection doesn't work. Maybe it summons someone else entirely.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Be interesting to see a RoB/SotN adaption in the French Revolution setting. Think that could mix things up pretty well.

Also follows Alcuard from Night of the Symphony. Excited then for future shows that focus on Shanoa from Ecclesia of Order, Johnathan & Charlotte from Ruin of Portrait, and Soma from Sorrow of Aria.

:P

Edit: Lol they forgot "The" for SotN.

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
Found Celia Fortner's account.

Hey, I am all in on
Soma Cruz breaking the cycle and being a good guy with Dracula's powers.

But Dracula just kept coming back, near endlessly. He almost did it for a thousand years straight. And when his powers were sealed away, they jumped out at the first chance to come back. It took destroying the literal embodiment of Chaos itself to end that cycle.

That's not insignificant.