• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
In my mind, I kind of pictured adapting the original Castlevania kind of like Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal. Just Simon going absolute beast mode on Dracula's Castle. Just do it as one single movie of awesomely animated, musically energetic madness.

Simon's Quest is where you get to go a little deeper into his humanity, even as the curse is taking it from him. He's forced to open up more to people.

I really wanted to see Simon's barbarian design adapted to the show, but oh well. It's fun to dream.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is the new writer:

He won some awards for his work, including a writing award for this show:

www.rottentomatoes.com

Trapped | Rotten Tomatoes

This crime drama follows members of a police department as they try to uncover a mystery against the elements. In a fjord near a small Icelandic town, a ferry arrives from Denmark with 300 passengers -- but only their journey stops here. A storm overhead and a treacherous blizzard prevent the...

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Be interesting to see a RoB/SotN adaption in the French Revolution setting. Think that could mix things up pretty well.

Also follows Alcuard from Night of the Symphony. Excited then for future shows that focus on Shanoa from Ecclesia of Order, Johnathan & Charlotte from Ruin of Portrait, and Soma from Sorrow of Aria.

:P

Edit: Lol they forgot "The" for SotN.

If Alucard is the glue that is the continuity they're going to use when it comes to pick to arcs, they have five they can make. They've done Trevor, this is Richter, they could do one around Quincy Morris, one around Julius Belmont and 1999, and finally one around Soma Cruz in the 2030's. These are the only periods Alucard is around in the games.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
If Alucard is the glue that is the continuity they're going to use when it comes to pick to arcs, they have five they can make. They've done Trevor, this is Richter, they could do one around Quincy Morris, one around Julius Belmont and 1999, and finally one around Soma Cruz in the 2030's. These are the only periods Alucard is around in the games.
tbh I'm actually really interested if they'd take a stab at the Demon Castle War, because no media has depicted 1999 at all yet.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
This is the new writer:

He won some awards for his work, including a writing award for this show:

www.rottentomatoes.com

Trapped | Rotten Tomatoes

This crime drama follows members of a police department as they try to uncover a mystery against the elements. In a fjord near a small Icelandic town, a ferry arrives from Denmark with 300 passengers -- but only their journey stops here. A storm overhead and a treacherous blizzard prevent the...

I thought there were two separate writers named Clive Bradley because there's two Twitter accounts for both the Castlevania and Trapped writers, but they might actually be the same guy?

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Link to artwork? Want to see the nearest official source for 1999.

The artwork was made for the game, for reference. But it's still the first official appearance of anything set in this period. It implies Julius, Alucard, and two other key characters defeated Dracula in this period.

It's in the opening to the game.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
The artwork was made for the game, for reference. But it's still the first official appearance of anything set in this period. It implies Julius, Alucard, and two other key characters defeated Dracula in this period.

It's in the opening to the game.

Thanks. Man, just outsource battle of 1999 to IGA to close that story arc.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely loved the first show, so definitely looking forward to this. I'm not even a fan of the games, but the show was just that good.

Pico

Oct 28, 2017
Hyped! I am catching up on the series and believe it's the among (if not the single) the best video games adaptation to movies or TV shows. I wish they had more budget to even out animation quality, but the highs are worth having the lows.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Also notably Sonia before any of that, although Iga struck it from canon. He's gone now though and I could see Legends being an appealing adaptation for the Show continuity given the implications it makes with Alucard and the Belmonts.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also notably Sonia before any of that, although Iga struck it from canon. He's gone now though and I could see Legends being an appealing adaptation for the Show continuity given the implications it makes with Alucard and the Belmonts.
We need to get a Lament of Innocence series that goes into how Dracula came to be

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
We need to get a Lament of Innocence series that goes into how Dracula came to be
I dunno, I kinda just prefer Vlad being who he is. I could also do without Wife Whip.

I love Iga's 2D stuff but it wouldn't bother me at all if someone else at Konami struck his 3D stuff from continuity and restored Sonia instead.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, I kinda just prefer Vlad being who he is. I could also do without Wife Whip.

I love Iga's 2D stuff but it wouldn't bother me at all if someone else at Konami struck his 3D stuff from continuity and restored Sonia instead.
Leon already showed up as a painting in season 1 or 2. Too late for that. Also, wife whip is dumb but Alucard having a kid and him never mentioning it would be more bizarre so no thanks to restoring that.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Leon already showed up as a painting in season 1 or 2. Too late for that. Also, wife whip is dumb but Alucard having a kid and him never mentioning it would be more bizarre so no thanks to restoring that.
Oh yeah, I forgot they already mentioned him at the Belmont Hold and Trevor was named after his companion. Oh well, sexism wins I guess.

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
Oh yeah, I forgot they already mentioned him at the Belmont Hold and Trevor was named after his companion. Oh well, sexism wins I guess.

We definitely need a female lead Belmont in the canon (and in the show), but wouldn't Trevor be Sonia and Alucard's son if her game was still canon? Sonia's game took place only a few years before Trevor was born.

I feel that might have come up (and have been awkward) if that was the case.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they make Maria as cool as Sypha was in the first series. I don't think there's ever been a more incredible mage put to screen in anything.

Also let's keep this franchise going until they can get to Shanoa. I think they'd do incredible work.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Just because Leon was mentioned as being the first hunter of the Belmont clan doesn't necessarily mean the events played out exactly the same as in Lament of Innocence. Mathias was never even hinted at, Dracula barely seems to register the Belmonts as anything other than annoyance (which he probably would feel differently about if he had a relationship with Leon), and there's really no indication that the Vampire Killer is powered by a dead woman's soul. It's just an alchemy whip.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Currently on hiatus but I've let my old boss know you all want more sex, specifically Alucard boning everyone each season

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hope they can afford smoother animationn. That limited animation technique was horrible to watch, even considering the budget.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just because Leon was mentioned as being the first hunter of the Belmont clan doesn't necessarily mean the events played out exactly the same as in Lament of Innocence. Mathias was never even hinted at, Dracula barely seems to register the Belmonts as anything other than annoyance (which he probably would feel differently about if he had a relationship with Leon), and there's really no indication that the Vampire Killer is powered by a dead woman's soul. It's just an alchemy whip.
They can just justify the thing with Dracula by saying that his mind was warped by the ritual that turned him that way.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Hell yeah.

I wish they hadn't skipped over Simon Belmont to get to Castlevania: Requiem and Symphony of the Night territory, but the first series was awesome.

Wish Konami would announce a new AAA Castlevania game.
My thought has always been that they'd keep to the Alucard stories and have him as the main connective tissue. So I wasn't at all surprised when they jumped all the way to Richter. The question now is, if they do end up doing a third arc/series, is it the Sorrow games, or do they actually do 1999?

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
My thought has always been that they'd keep to the Alucard stories and have him as the main connective tissue. So I wasn't at all surprised when they jumped all the way to Richter. The question now is, if they do end up doing a third arc/series, is it the Sorrow games, or do they actually do 1999?
I hope Vampire Killer and Simon's Quest get adapted as an animated movies or something on Netflix.

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how they will adapt Rondo of Blood. Not that I particularly expect them to be super faithful, but what choices they make should be interesting.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
The writing was absolutely the best part of the first one. Like this convo is so fucking good

The fact that they didn't try to play everything straight is the best thing about the writing.

That part wasn't bad, but it wasn't that good to me either. Around 90% of the writing/dialogue was terrible to me. I don't want to sit through all that just for the 10%.

To be honest, if not playing everything straight gave us the first series, then I'd rather they play everything straight instead of what we got.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
That part wasn't bad, but it wasn't that good to me either. Around 90% of the writing/dialogue was terrible to me. I don't want to sit through all that just for the 10%.

To be honest, if not playing everything straight gave us the first series, then I'd rather they play everything straight instead of what we got.
The series wherein a person from a vampire hunter family facing off against a coven of vampires should probably never be played straight.