Votes: 7 43.8%
  • My Chainsaw Academia

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I'd love for the first cour to end with the Reeze arc since it would give us an awesome action sequence for the finale, but that's probably too much.

First season ending with Katanaman, second season ending with Denji and Power in the dumpster sounds about right

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Crossposting from the other thread since we're talking about anime lenght here as well:

I really wonder what could they fit in a 1-cour 13eps season.
I'd say:
1 - first chapter, ending with Denji and Makima in the fast food during the credits
2 - Denji v Muscle demon + Aki Introduction
3 - 4 Power arc
4 - 5 Infinity Devil arc
6 - 9 Katana Devil arc
10 - 13 Bomb Devil arc, ends teasing the other assassins

but I'd say this is really rushing though, but ending with Katana would be really lame for a first season, while Bomb devil would be way cooler.

For Season 2 and 3 they could both be 2-cour seasons, something like this:
S2 1st cour - Assassins Arc
S2 2nd cour - Gun Devil Arc, ends after Aki's death, the credits are Denji and Makima playing with dogs and then after the credits BANG and cut to black
S3 1st cour - Chainsaw Man arc, ends with Denji doing the V pose
S3 2nd cour - current events

What do you think?

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Crossposting from the other thread since we're talking about anime lenght here as well:

Katana is a fun fight with a (fairly) upbeat ending with
dick kicking contest
while wrapping up a good portion of story beats. It also has everyone easing up a bit for the first time in a while, while ending with Denji and Power starting their training, setting up new characters. And you can probably end the season on Reze coming to down, with a little rat running by her feet for some foreshadowing :p

That way it sets up a lot and allows for a lot of fan theories to start forming, you're left with "what the fuck is Makima's deal?!" a wrap up of Denji and Aki finally bonding a little. A lot of emotional highs and lows are hit for the first point, Aki grieving over his teacher's death in the hospital and if I remember, going to make a new deal with the future sight devil. You can end this season showing all of these characters heading down their new paths with a lot of clear cut goals.

I feel from a pacing perspective, ending season one here gives people time to breathe and animators a chance to relax and also amp up the budget again for the bomb devil arc.

OP
OP
Midramble

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco

Ending with the katana devil moment is still a strong ending as you have the whole assassination sequence, the snake ghost fight, the makima flex and the finale statement of the weight of the series. Then the next season would start with the aftermath chunk and the power/denji smart strategy training sequence. That is pretty close to 30 chapters for the season. Then second season would be bomb through.... well if you go another 30 chapters you could finale with a cliffhanger of losing and going to hell. Probably couldn't do that as breaking the momentum for doll wouldn't work for an intro to the 3rd season. Though if you could pull it off 3rd season would end with dumpster talk.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
The way Shonen Jump adaptations have been going I'm pretty sure we'd at least get 24 episodes for season 1

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ending with the katana devil moment is still a strong ending as you have the whole assassination sequence, the snake ghost fight, the makima flex and the finale statement of the weight of the series. Then the next season would start with the aftermath chunk and the power/denji smart strategy training sequence. That is pretty close to 30 chapters for the season. Then second season would be bomb through.... well if you go another 30 chapters you could finale with a cliffhanger of losing and going to hell. Probably couldn't do that as breaking the momentum for doll wouldn't work for an intro to the 3rd season. Though if you could pull it off 3rd season would end with dumpster talk.

I think a hell cliffhanger would work and be pretty intense. It's weird breaking down the series into "seasons" because most of it's contemporaries give it's cast time to breathe, but outside of the the Katanaman arc, there's very little noticeable "breathers" that you can hang a season on lol. I wouldn't be surprised if we get big cliffhanger bookends. Which is a nice change of pace.

Everyone in hell, panicking and end it on the sound they all hear and the feeling of being watched.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
End the first season with this:
433dd6d3f1ecaea2053505725e1d939fe8a2a200.jpg

For impact and maximum metanarrative fuckery

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
ive decided i dont like makima's backstory of being a fan of Chainsawman and being fine if she beats or him loses - really deflated my interest in the ending

(just binged entire series today)

OP
OP
Midramble

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
ive decided i dont like makima's backstory of being a fan of Chainsawman and being fine if she beats or him loses - really deflated my interest in the ending

(just binged entire series today)

Still not sure where the rumors of it ending soon actually came from. Going by Fire Punch, his other long form manga, there is a good chance we are only getting started with plot. Also Makima's intentions are still being left purposely vague. That said, that's no promise that it'll become less vague. Honestly I'm surprised we haven't gotten a time skip yet.

GeeseHoward

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say the first Cour ends on Bomb arc with a tease of the assassins.

Second cour ends 100% on Power sacrifice.

Oct 25, 2017
I do appreciate that Denji knows he has selfish goals, rather than some backwards justification for why he's right *glares at soooo many Isekai series*
Getting rid of bad movies though? Yeah, Makima needs to die. You're not getting rid of Troll 2 or The Room that easily.
Some excellent spreads this chapter too. Man I hope the anime gets a good studio.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Feels like the plot has been going in circles for the last ten chapters. Haha.

We just got away from Makima and her goon squad and now it's back to fighting them again.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
All this time the true are the elites movie snubs

This fight should be the end of season 2 with a Power in Hell cliffhanger

Oct 27, 2017
I have a feeling Denji will win this time. It seems like all the odds is against him but he actually made Makima flinch when she realized that he is back as Chainsaw Man.

I wonder if this means all the cheering people have for him is making him stronger instead of weaker. It is just my gut feeling.

In any case, I hope Makima bites the dust. I really dislike her. She is compelling but I feel she has had her way for far too long and I want to see Denji, Kobeni and every victim be happy for once.

Oct 25, 2017
Denji's asking if Makima will get rid of bad movies is such a god damn good line that basically simplifies why Makima's plan is bad.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Just binge read up to current after finding out about this from the anim tthread, what a fucking ride.

Pacing was incredible to keep you hooked, always felt like something was happening.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Denji saying he still likes Makima despite everything is too meta lolol

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot they had that movie date chapter.

Not expecting another all out fight this soon after but guess will see

Oct 25, 2017
OH SHIT WHAT IF
the plan is for Denji to die because the way he figures it, that's the fastest damned way to get to hell???

Made me kinda sad tbh

Honestly, I get it. I had an abusive ex who was real shitty to me but I oftentimes miss her for no real good reason I can explain other than "I still like her."

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Denji saying he still likes Makima despite everything is too meta lolol
Made me kinda sad tbh
Honestly, I get it. I had an abusive ex who was real shitty to me but I oftentimes miss her for no real good reason I can explain other than "I still like her."

Fujimoto really be out there giving teenage Jump readers a depiction of toxic relatioships.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't get this chapter.
Is this like a fast forward? This felt somehow rushed, I thought they were going to Hell? Or at least not going back to fighting Makima again so soon.

Also it seems like Denji powered up? He has the metal "armor" from the full Chainsawman form while retaining consciousness (and clothes)

And are those the graves of every individual that died because of Makima's pacts?

Last edited:

Dascu

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't get this chapter.
It's this like a fast forward? This felt somehow rushed, I thought they were going to Hell? Or at least not going back to fighting Makima again so soon.

Also it seems like Denji powered up? He has the metal "armor" from the full Chainsawman form while retaining consciousness (and clothes)

And are those the graves of every individual that died because of Makima's pacts?
I am not sure if this was really part of Kishibe's plan or if this is Denji himself taking the fight back to Makima. But we'll find out next chapter I suppose.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Makima is already the worst but continues to be the worst by saying art such as this shouldn't exist

12a2ff865eadc17b3627b6b3cd3c85dc.jpg

Fuck her up Chainsawman

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I think he's trying to get to hell. There was an image of the Darkness Devil when he was thinking how to defeat Makima.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Chapter 94 scans are out, I swear I can find at least 1 very memeable image in every chapter now lol