• My Chainsaw Academia

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Speaking of laughing at bits from Chainsaw Man, and I the only one who just burst out laughing the first time they saw this sequence of panels?

SxikKDj.png

Just something about this is so funny to me even now

"No U"

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
denji and maybe power will be newbies
makima and aki will be established VA's

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
If we're going to wildly speculate, I'd love to see a Twitter-famous VA as Denji for the eventual dub. Someone like Gianni Matragrano who has internet brain would understand the tone of Fujimoto's writing better than a seasoned shonen hero VA who's like 45.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Still on my reread, Denji (and Beam!) vs. the Bomb Devil is still fucking amazing, that is all

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The pages where Aki is driving as they're on the run and she appears from the darkness like a scene out of the original Alien, *chef kiss

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Do we know who Fujimoto worked as an assistant for in his early days?
I'm just curious to see if there's a "lineage" to be traced from that mangaka to Fujimoto to his assistants (Jigokuraku, SpyxFamily, Dandadan).

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know who Fujimoto worked as an assistant for in his early days?
I'm just curious to see if there's a "lineage" to be traced from that mangaka to Fujimoto to his assistants (Jigokuraku, SpyxFamily, Dandadan).
I assume Fujimoto had a much smaller staff than most "big" series for his previous works, so that's probably most of them right there.

Notes/extra pages in tankobon are often where we find out about assistants but Fujimoto is really brief and weird about those and his creative process in general, so there's not much information on his assistants to be found.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I assume Fujimoto had a much smaller staff than most "big" series for his previous works, so that's probably most of them right there.

Notes/extra pages in tankobon are often where we find out about assistants but Fujimoto is really brief and weird about those and his creative process in general, so there's not much information on his assistants to be found.

But do we know who Fujimoto worked as an assistant for before Fire Punch?

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
We have some news about the preview. It'll be done by the JJK staff, and it'll be preanimated, which means that it's animation for the preview specifically, and not taken from the anime itself.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know what I'm more scared of, whether Mappa is going to fuck it up or what this fanbase is going to become when it's already pretty wild without Makima even being animated yet

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
So a nice little live stream with lofi for music has been going on for hours now. Nothing has happened yet, but at Midnight JPT, we're supposed to hear comments from a band called Zutomayo

Regardless, Zutomayo is probably doing the OP or something.

Going double or nothing that they're doing the OP.