• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

King Tubby

Oct 25, 2017
When people ridicule, insult, and berate Kanye for expressing his views, do you really think they are trying to change his mind?

If changing Kanye's mind about Trump was their goal, I'd feel they would go about it quite differently.

How are you supposed to explain to someone that lighting yourself on fire is bad? At this point people are just trying to at least get a cautionary tale out of this mess.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao this Azealia Banks redemption arc. This has really turned into a clusterfuck, huh?

Still waiting for Taylor Swift to get involved somehow.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Screen-Shot-2017-08-16-at-5.33.10-PM.jpg
She still selling her MAGA hats

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't see Chance saying he supports Trump. Why is the onus on black people to stop white people from twisting their words rather than white people to stop being racist? If Chance doesn't believe in the two party system, that isn't a Trump endorsement. I don't agree with him but ai can see where he is coming from. White people voted for Trump out of sexism and racism, as well as party lines.

Saying that you don't believe in the two-party system is like standing on the edge of a cliff and proclaiming that you don't believe in gravity.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
That's....huh.

Well, like the crude Bob Saget pun username says, she owned it. Granted, doesn't excuse the homophobic slurs, calling Zayn a paki, and the other things, but at least she owned up to it.
Nobody's perfect, but at least she's trying. :)
Oh fuck her then. Guess she's owning up because it's the cool thing to do.
Or maybe she genuinely regrets supporting him?
Lmao this Azealia Banks redemption arc. This has really turned into a clusterfuck, huh?

Still waiting for Taylor Swift to get involved somehow.
I'm glad Azealia voices her opinion, be it good or bad. Taylor staying silent is very disingenuous in comparison imo...

ShortNasty

Dec 15, 2017
You see it everywhere. It reminds me of when racist non-minorities look at minorities and say "you better know your place, boy.", and if you don't fall in line, be prepared to be reprimanded.

Soooo, no receipts from this thread. This is not just a person saying something outside of the orthodoxy. This is Kanye West getting dragged for spouting some bullshit and supporting 45 in order to boost hype for his new projects. This is the same week that 45's hilariously and dangerously innapropriate HUD pick announced plans to advocate for policy directly harmful to vulnerable members of our society. Remember, 45 is not a hypothetical at this point. There are demonstrably bad things that he has done or attempted to do. Voicing support for him at this juncture is taking ownership of all the darkness.

rude

Oct 25, 2017

mernst23

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Considering his involvement in chicago issues, i'm not surprised. Local democratic government is corrupt as fuck. But of course everyone is going to assume this is only about national issues or the president.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
I mean, I'm black. I'm not a democrat. So no shit we don't have to be democrats. There's a fair argument why we shouldn't. But if it's saying or insinuating in ANY way that the republican party is or can soon be a viable alternative just doesn't sit with me. Which is ok cause they'd probably segregate public seating if they could.

I definitely have issues with liberal democrats which is why I'm not one but I can't pretend republicans are a viable alternative. One party is completely indifferent to my people until election time. The other proactively courts bigots that want to turn my family and myself into strange fruit. Criticize but put that shit aside when it comes time to vote cause the choice can and will have an impact.

Fucking sucks but for me there's a one party system by default.

It's true, black people don't have to be Democrats. They also don't have to support a thinly-veiled white nationalist who didn't think they deserved to live in his buildings.

Exactly. It's not one or the other.

King Tubby

Oct 25, 2017
Considering his involvement in chicago issues, i'm not surprised. Local democratic government is corrupt as fuck. But of course everyone is going to assume this is only about national issues or the president.

Given the timing it seems pretty logical to conclude this is a direct commentary on the Kanye West shitshow.

Oct 25, 2017

Given that he was retweeting Kanye and then said this. He and many like him completely misread the point.

Black people KNOW you don't have to be a democrat. He's making an argument that NO ONE is arguing. He thinks people are piling on Kanye because he thought people are mad that they think Kanye is republican. People are mad because Kanye is runnin like Usain Bolt to the other end of the spectrum embracing alt right talking points.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunken place? Meh.

This is them saying stupid shit on their own. There's no nefarious brainwashing robbing them of agency.

Let them own their mistakes.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
On the bright side this brought to my attention Azelia turned a new leaf. Her music is fantastic but I had kinda stopped listening

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah let's just call a guy who donates millions of dollars in charity to black children "in the sunken place" after 2 tweets, cool cool cool

RBelong2Us

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
One of the most overrated dudes in the game. He's the Chainsmokers of hip hop

Guy can't even put out a full album.

Shinku_King

Nov 11, 2017
People just got to stop buying all this music from them, once they put out some fire music people are going to forget about whatever they said till it comes up again, sad but true. It always feels like once certain black people get a certain amount of money an live a bigger lifestyle then they start saying some crazy things like they forgot where they came from.

PhoenixDark

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
White House
If you are a minority, you are not allowed to be anything other than a die-hard democrat. If you're anything but, you are a self-hating, Trump loving, baby hating, backwoods conservative.

That mentality certainly exists, and black people are "expected" to blindly believe certain things. But this isn't just a discussion about being conservative. There's nothing wrong with being a black conservative. But...Trump is not a conservative. He's a right wing racist fascist who dreams of being a dictator. He's actively fucking over various groups, including a lot of black people.

I can understand supporting some of Trump's policies, but when you simply praise him and display a MAGA hat...you're sending a message that you support the man. And the man is a disgrace, and a threat to a lot of people.

99Luffy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dont really see the trump endorsement. To me this all goes back to everyone assuming black people would vote hillary. They didnt. And now democrats have lear- must remember to work harder next time.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I hate the whole "black people are dumb and are finally learning to think for themselves/slavery is a state of mind" thing the republicans are going for. It's so transparently racist, and I'm hoping to dear god that everyone sees through it.