Status
Not open for further replies.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Prediction: this thread is gonna die REAL quick now as the rats scurry away and just hope no one remembers they were posting in here, lol

TerminusFox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's almost like the so-called "Centrist" and "Establishment" democrats aren't the devil, and the problem that their made out to be.

Who would've thought?

Gamesadict

Oct 25, 2017
Ahahahaha. Not surprised, it was just the evidence we needed. Had no idea who this Cassandra Fairbanks is, checked her feed: FreeAssange banner at the top, tweets against the Women March (SO PROGRESSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!), and a "fuck both parties tbh" tweet.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Oh look where Chelsea Manning is:

I think certain people in this thread owe me an apology for doubting my suggestion that Manning is aligning herself with the alt-right (Kurdel , manchego obfuscator , Volimar , and Inuhanyou off the top of my head)

I never said anything like that. My posts were pushing back against the idea that she's part of a Russian plot. When there's evidence of that I'll accept it.

That's a crazy stupid thing for her to be doing though. More proof that her poor judgment should convince people that she's not fit to go to Congress.

Balphon

Oct 25, 2017
Ahahahaha. Not surprised, it was just the evidence we needed. Had no idea who this Cassandra Fairbanks is, checked her feed: FreeAssange banner at the top, tweets against the Women March (SO PROGRESSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!), and a "fuck both parties tbh" tweet.

I scrolled down and it was nothing but #ReleaseTheMemo.

coopolon

Oct 25, 2017
Uhh, not that she was ever had any chance of winning. But doing alt-right events (if that is true) is not going to play well in the MD democratic primary.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Uhh, not that she was ever had any chance of winning. But doing alt-right events (if that is true) is not going to play well in the MD democratic primary.

Like I've been saying all thread long, the point isn't to win. It's to agitate, and cause as much ill will amongst the left and center-left as possible.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
This was an interesting thread to watch.

I hope no one with four or more neurons entertain any of this.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Keeping an eye on Fairbanks' Twitter and she seems like a POS, but she also tweeted at someone else that it's "false" that Chelsea isn't there protesting and then retweeted a thing that said she's not friends with Chelsea but they had been talking in the lead up to this event, so I've got no idea.

Either way, very dumb move.

Edit: She was responding to the Buzzed reporter and thanked him for issuing a clarification. He's currently getting torn apart in comments so we'll have to see what Chelsea's statement on this is.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Keeping an eye on Fairbanks' Twitter and she seems like a POS, but she also tweeted at someone else that it's "false" that Chelsea isn't there protesting and then retweeted a thing that said she's not friends with Chelsea but they had been talking in the lead up to this event, so I've got no idea.

There's a woman's march in every major city in the country and she chooses to quietly protest without any fanfare in the lamest gathering of NeoNazis since the pro-Trump counter protest back in February?

Suiko

Oct 25, 2017

If she was there, there will be other mentions of it. I'm just gonna leave it for now.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Fairbanks is saying on twitter that she crashed the party and that they aren't actually friends so uh better hold off on self aggrandizing for a little while.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She was definitely there, the question is if she was there to be disruptive or there to just hang out.

The overlap between leftists and the alt right is so incredibly small that she would be sabotaging her own campaign by cozying up to alt right figures. If her attempt at winning is to get the support of local activists, they won't support her if she does this kind of stuff. If she was a Russian plant (she's not), that wouldn't be an effective disruption strategy against Cardin because it would turn her base against her very quickly. A more effective strategy would've been to go full-on Bernie.

My assumption has always been that she knows she can't win and she's running to push the Overton window (she even said in her Guardian interview that she voted for Cardin twice!) but even if this was a protest it wouldn't really do much benefit for her if she wasn't publicizing it on her own account.

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From my research there's a DaysofRage protest event going on right now and Cernovich's event is one of the areas effected. More likely she's a protester than anything else. But whatever gets sensationalist clicks and reinforces your view that leftists = Russian tools.

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lmao the dumb motherfuckers on Chapo stanned for her.

That podcast has been a confirmed fraud so many times over now.

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also lol at Enron calling people rats when they're the one who handwaved away the massacre of innocent people.

It's almost like the so-called "Centrist" and "Establishment" democrats aren't the devil, and the problem that their made out to be.

Who would've thought?

Eh, moderates are still pretty damn bad.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
If she was a Russian plant (she's not), that wouldn't be an effective disruption strategy against Cardin because it would turn her base against her very quickly.
Not to say that she is, but this statement assumes a level of competency that none of the people we are pretty sure are Russian plants has demonstrated, so...

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
The overlap between leftists and the alt right is so incredibly small that she would be sabotaging her own campaign by cozying up to alt right figures. If her attempt at winning is to get the support of local activists, they won't support her if she does this kind of stuff. If she was a Russian plant (she's not), that wouldn't be an effective disruption strategy against Cardin because it would turn her base against her very quickly. A more effective strategy would've been to go full-on Bernie.

My assumption has always been that she knows she can't win and she's running to push the Overton window (she even said in her Guardian interview that she voted for Cardin twice!) but even if this was a protest it wouldn't really do much benefit for her.
the overlap lies among those who are anti-globalist, anti-stuff

I have met a few Far-Left Anti-Globalists who are favorable to Putin and preferred Trump over Clinton.
They also brush racism aside stating that bringing down globalism to be be a bigger priority.

anti-globalists no matter if they are on the Left or on the Right want to see the "system" burn regardless if the world goes along with it.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the overlap lies among those who are anti-globalist, anti-stuffl

I have met a few Far-Left Anti-Globalists who are favorable to Putin and preferred Trump over Clinton.

anti-globalists no matter if the on the Left or on the Right want to see the "system" burn regardless if the world goes along with it.

I'm a communist. I know there are idiots who like Putin, but they're mostly Marxist-Leninists. That's not the bulk of the DSA types and local activists Chelsea would be relying on.

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now the thread is just devolving into horseshoe theory attacks on leftists despite there being basically no proof on her being in bed with the alt-right/proof there is a protest going on right now, her comments about "crashing it" and that Cernovich's event is being crashed by protesters.

Now to just wait for the inevitable proof that reveals fish hook theory is at play somehow.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
It's almost exactly that, unless we have evidence that she was there to be disruptive. And that wouldn't make sense either.
Its been like an hour since this broke. Look I also think this possibly looks very bad but this is the sort of situation where everyone jumping to assumptions about what was actually happening feels like its a bad idea that could leave some people looking foolish. Lets at least table this till like tomorrow, please?

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When she says she just wanted to meet with like minded, anti establishment people y'all are still gonna be trying to work out a defense for her.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
It's almost exactly that, unless we have evidence that she was there to be disruptive. And that wouldn't make sense either.

Crashing an alt right event is not almost exactly the same as cozying up to that demo at all. That's fucking bananas.

When she says she just wanted to meet with like minded, anti establishment people y'all are still gonna be trying to work out a defense for her.

Uh huh sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.