• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Does he not actually say "Get over it" like what is quoted in the title of OP? I have not seen a clip where he says that.

Oct 30, 2017
Americans are so convinced that the rule of law and our institutions are always going to work. So if the White House openly admits to doing something, many will look at that statement and think

"Well if they admitted to doing it, it can't possibly be that serious. Nobody important is in trouble"

Contramann

Oct 27, 2017
Mister Magoo is not supposed to say that part out loud.
He always looked more like the Nazi from Raiders of the Lost Ark to me.

iu

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I imagine Sondland's testimony today was the tipping point, there's no walking back "the president's lawyer told me to specifically demand these two things from Ukraine."

I guess the alternative is now "it's only a crime if you're a liberal cuck" or "the revolution is here, masks are off, we're going full authoritarian", sadly there are people who would go hand in hand with both.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
So the White House is going with "we didn't withhold aid to get a sham investigation into a political rival, we withheld aid to get a sham investigation into a ridiculously stupid conspiracy theory!" Because, you know, that's so much better /s

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah...the comparison between Ukraine and the Triangle thing that he mentioned doesn't hold water. One is a quid pro quo with a foreign government to investigate political rivals....the other is not.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the White House is going with "we didn't withhold aid to get a sham investigation into a political rival, we withheld aid to get a sham investigation into a ridiculously stupid conspiracy theory!" Because, you know, that's so much better /s
"we weren't looking for dirt on Biden, we wanted dirt on Hillary" basically

Oct 28, 2017
I've never seen a press conference in which one person goes so far out of their way to try and distance themselves from any implication while simultaneously implicating themselves and the people they were sent out to protect.

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i cant tell if this was one unbelievably terrible press conference or they are so fucking sure they are going to get away with all of this they just dont care.

maybe both?

Probably both. You have the stupid peons like this shitbag that keep lining up to take the falls for Trump. And then you have Trump who has never been held accountable for anything in his entire life so why should he think differently now.

dots

Oct 27, 2017
I've never seen a press conference in which one person goes so far out of their way to try and distance themselves from any implication while simultaneously implicating themselves and the people they were sent out to protect.
He knows the media will protect him and his boss, and that Democrats will not do anything about it. What you're seeing here is a man that knows he is bulletproof.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

Sondland testified this morning that the DNC server and the Biden investigation were made explicitly clear as the two things Ukraine had to announce to get the money.

Mulvaney just openly admitted that the server was "part" of this explicit quid pro quo.

It's both things, not either or. They wanted to simultaneously absolve Russia of election meddling while securing 2020 for Trump, by holding a gun to Ukraine's head (provided by the Russian army at their border).

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
"He just admitted to a crime! We've got nothing!"[\quote]

The Republicans keep admitting to committing crimes and they're getting more and more blatant. They really believe they are completely invincible in this. And when someone is that sure of themselves I am always on the defense that they may have an angle they're not revealing yet.

... what?

This is probably sarcasm but I just don't know anymore.

I understand, but rest assured that it was sarcasm.

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
He said a lot of crazy stuff in this presser. Heck he admitted they didn't send aid to Puerto Rico because it was corrupt just as casually as he said quid pro quo happened.

Bossking

Nov 20, 2017
I guess if the law doesn't exist. So does it? We just had someone come out and confess they do crimes all the time. What happens now? What's the next step?

It took 10 months for the Nixon impeachment process. It took 13 months for the sentencing of a Texan cop who murdered someone in that person's own apartment. The American justice system is not fast.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Mulvaney doesn't care; he's on his way out.

I hope he says some more shit like this so they'll be held accountable for all of the other shit they've done.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
This makes it easier for Trump not to get caught in a lie during a future hearing. And for GOP senators to say "so what? They admitted it, let's move on with our lives" during an eventual trial on removal.

Contramann

Oct 27, 2017
This makes it easier for Trump not to get caught in a lie during a future hearing. And for GOP senators to say "so what? They admitted it, let's move on with our lives" during an eventual trial on removal.
Does it though? Can you really get absolved of the crime you're being investigated to by having it admitted live? Sending on the partial Transcript certainly didn't accomplish that.

Yamajian

Oct 30, 2017
Can we just fire Trump and his admin as of today? How about Friday at the end of the day like a regular job?