Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
So can you realistically skip all battles that aren't boss battles and be fine?
Yeah. Normal battles give you small stat increments e few times for each level you attain, so skipping them would mean your characters won't reach their individual caps for HP, strength and so on. The whole game will still be completely beatable, but some difficulty spikes might feel a tad higher because of that.

Sep 10, 2020
No random encounters should be standard for all jrpg Remasters. Makes revisiting them infinitely better. Imagine Lost Odyssey with an option to turn off random battles

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Very excited to play for my first time. I knew Honne was the art director on it but I still couldn't stop myself from going "wait that's just Baten Kaitos!" here:

7fum3VW.jpg

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
Ehhhh, I was expecting much better than this. I was looking at the trailer posted in the OP and thinking why was the original trailer posted until I saw '2022' in the end..This game deserved a lot more efforts. No wonder it's going for $20 because they didn't bother much. I mean just look at those AI upscaled backgrounds. Imagine if the game would look like that, in 60fps.
But it is what it is, I hope it will bring us a new Chrono game later on, maybe Chrono Break.

Nov 1, 2017
Is it me or is the FPS rough as fuck in the battle scenes? Couldn't they have done something... anything to make that smoother?

I'm not asking for them to painstakingly redraw every single backgrounds but if some modders can make FF7 run at 60 FPS surely SE could have done something for this game right?

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
I look forward to playing this in a couple of years once modders have upscaled the backgrounds properly and added in widescreen

TheWildCard

Jun 6, 2020
I never expected this to be anything more than the FFVIII treatment, so I'm mostly fine with how it looks...but it a shame if modders have to come in to improve the upscaling AI.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Players can look forward to some exciting new features, such as:

• 3D models converted to HD*
  • Brand new artwork and character redesign by Nobuteru Yuuki*
  • Refined background music by Yasunori Mitsuda
  • Switch enemy encounters on or off
  • Background filter feature*
  • Battle enhancement features
  • Auto-battle function
  • French, Italian, German and Spanish localization now added
  • Switch between imitation pixel font and HD font*
  • The inclusion of Radical Dreamers, never before released in the West.
  • Players can choose between playing with original or updated graphics*
*The 3D models, illustrations, font and background filter cannot be toggled separately. They will all be switched together.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

• Auto-battle function
*The 3D models, illustrations, font and background filter cannot be toggled separately. They will all be switched together.

No new scenarios though... I would have loved additional events written by Masato Kato

lmog

Jun 17, 2019
Brazil
Never played it and I'm curious, but yeah, this doesn't look like a good remaster.

SE should bring the PC version of Chrono Trigger to consoles as well.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni

• Auto-battle function

say what?!

Why didn't FFVII to IX get all this?!

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they've touched up the English script. There were a few unfortunate mistranslations in it.

Ayahuasca

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
In for RD and seeing if I like it more than I initially did(was lukewarm). Yay. Xenogears when?

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Why can't SE just release consistent remasters? Some games get way more love than others. Like what the fuck? Background Filter??? Why not AI upscale it??? Why isn't it the default choice. Fans out here using it for all sorts of shit no problem but a big ass company can't be ass'd to? Even though they have already used it before? Raise your fuckin standards SE holy fuck. There should be a base line to all your remasters and yet the quality is all over the place for whatever reason.

chiller

Apr 23, 2021
I never thought I'd see Radical Dreamers released beyond the Satellaview, iirc Masato Kato didn't think it came out well enough. I personally really dig it.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Such a shame how SE treats the Chrono series, this looks like junk. Was hoping for more than an upres, huge bummer. Look at LiveALive! Ugh.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I am disappointed they're not AI upscaling. But on the other hand:

- It's $20
- qol features
- Radical Dreamers
- Revised soundtrack? I don't even know what this means but more Mitsuda is a good thing. Maybe they'll touch up the battle theme so every other post in the OT isn't whining about it
- Supporting the series
- The only other legal means of buying it is on the PS3 store and this will probably be better overall for not much more

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
I am disappointed they're not AI upscaling. But on the other hand:

- It's $20
- qol features
- Radical Dreamers
- Revised soundtrack? I don't even know what this means but more Mitsuda is a good thing. Maybe they'll touch up the battle theme so every other post in the OT isn't whining about it
- Supporting the series
- The only other legal means of buying it is on the PS3 store and this will probably be better overall for not much more
Add to that it'll probably look really good on the OLED too

duckroll

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Who developed this? Forever Entertainment? Lmao. Whoever it is, it is not a great job. Should have called Monolithsoft since a chunk of people who actually made this are there now lol.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who developed this? Forever Entertainment? Lmao. Whoever it is, it is not a great job. Should have called Monolithsoft since a chunk of people who actually made this are there now lol.
This dude says he's working on the Front Mission 1st remake, so unless they have multiple remake teams or something Forever Entertainment probably isn't working on this