• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
raRIKHK.jpg

Incredible pic, thanks for the laughs !

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All they had to do was :
- taking the SNES version
- rework the ratio so it supports 16:9
- THAT'S IT, NOTHING ELSE, the DS bonus content is not even worth the hassle

and yet they still failed, for the third time

Says you. I want my animated cutscenes with no lag.

But yes, square stll failed.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Out of curiosity what sells the SNES version over the DS version for you?

Really just a personal thing, I like the translation more as it has more charm (even with the infamous "one close to you" flub), and they made minor changes to the DS version to bring it closer to Chrono Cross. And I am not a Cross fan to say the least.

The DS version is perfectly fine to play through. The translation is more accurate.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
Is the SNES version playable on an emulator?
Yes. The DS version with most of the new contents is also playable on an emulator.

Really just a personal thing, I like the translation more (even with the infamous "one close to you" flub), and they changed the DS version to bring it closer to Chrono Cross. And I am not a Cross fan to say the least.

The DS version is perfectly fine to play through.
I really like the DS version since its portable and have all the optional contents.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
I was super excited for five minutes. I guess I still need to take care of that DS copy.

Scythesurge

Oct 25, 2017
CT is one of my all time favorites so seeing this stealth release has me simultaneously excited and disappointed...on the one hand having this game on PC is long overdue but it deserves so much better treatment. I've just revisited my SNES and SFC carts for this game on the Analogue Super NT and this version isn't offering me anything that would make me want to play it over the original versions. Hoping that updates and mods can fix some of the issues because it does look like the core experience is in there.

Oct 27, 2017
That doesn't look like a first attempt at a game in RPG Maker to me. It just looks like Chrono Trigger with a bad filter and ugly UI.

Am I missing something here?

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Even square calls it the rpg dream team, so why wouldn't they do whatever it takes to get the dream team together again to make another rpg, doesn't have to be Chrono trigger but that would be nice

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Really just a personal thing, I like the translation more as it has more charm (even with the infamous "one close to you" flub), and they made minor changes to the DS version to bring it closer to Chrono Cross. And I am not a Cross fan to say the least.

The DS version is perfectly fine to play through. The translation is more accurate.

The only thing I really miss from the SNES translation when playing the DS version is Frog's formal medieval mannerisms.

Oct 29, 2017
The DS content is complete trash, and it's a trash port of a trash port of the game. So basically, it's a big pile of trash, laid on top of trash, laid on top of trash. Lovely!

Samimista

Oct 25, 2017
Wow!!! Did not expect that at all. I've never beaten Trigger, but guess now I don't have an excuse.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
this looks like shit

ss_13ffdf40e86c161948a575e25f6c6c184423aeb6.600x338.jpg

No disrespect, I appreciate you putting up an image, but... I'm not seeing it, does it have blur at higher resolutions, or like what? It looks like the original release to me.

Edit, uh oh, recinded, I saw the world map pic, and I noticed a little here, there are tileing errors, that ain't great! glad the is avalible, just hope they patch that!

Byvar

Oct 26, 2017
Can anyone confirm if the soundtrack has actually been upgraded/edited like the press release states?
Updated Graphics and Sound – While keeping the atmosphere of the original, this version features optimized visuals designed for modern PCs and a re-recorded soundtrack under the supervision of original composer Yasunori Mitsuda.

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Is this "just" an emulator running a rom?

If it was an emulator and rom combo like the Sega Classics I'd have bought it in a heartbeat.

Now this horribly filtered android version with touch-screen interface and mobile aspect-ratio should die in a fire. Why Square-Enix always screws up when releasing old classics on PC? Jesus! I'd gladly pay $60 for a proper PC port with widescreen support, raw sprites and an UI designed for big screens...

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Literally what kind of idiot would think putting a shitty filter over beautiful 2d sprites is a good idea?

There must be a way to turn it off.
Otherwise this is worth nobody's money.

ampere

Jan 20, 2018
Nice, I don't have my DS copy anymore. Going to wait for some impressions before getting it, but probably buying it soon