• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
DXDtBEOUMAA-klU.jpg:large

Nice tiling errors in the trees.
It deeply annoys me that Squeenix keeps contracting these same people do these shitjobs. Do they have no love for their games? Do they not care about their legacy? Goddamn it.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
This is the most depressing shit. They release these trash versions of games on the PC meaning we will probably never get an official and legal version of the original games. Or maybe even an updated version that doesn't look like shit. Fuck this.

Oct 25, 2017
Despite the issues with this port, I hope that this eventually leads to Final Fantasy Tactics and DQ4-6 mobile ports on Steam.

Especially DQ4-6 mobile as they run in Unity, and I imagine that it wouldn't be too hard for Square to find a team that could make decent PC versions out of them.

Herbz

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At least there should be a mod soon that removes the terrible filter (and more mods for different reasons).

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why does Square hate their legacy? Sigh.

I mean, they play up their classics in stuff like Final Fantasy 14 but the actual re-releases are half-assed garbage, FF12 excluded.

100mega

Oct 27, 2017
They could have crapped out the ROM of this game with an SNES emulator and it would have been better for everyone who has any interest in this game. This project should just be cancelled. Who is in charge of decisions like this at Square-Enix? Why do they insist on completely ruining their past at nearly every opportunity?

fireflame

Oct 27, 2017
What a depressing port.Did they mess it only to put light on FF15? I will pass until they fix it.

Deleted member 10852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i understand the hate, but how can i play the snes version, its so expensive, same the ds versions. i dont have much options without being a pirate. this or mobile are the only ways i can play it now :(

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
What a depressing port.Did they mess it only to put light on FF15? I will pass until they fix it.
No company sabotages their own project to make another project of theirs look better. This is just a straight mobile-to-PC port, which Square Enix is guilty of doing before.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
"they should just release the rom in an emulator"

At times I can't even tell if people are for real or not on this site. Like sure, that would be easy.
I mean, it's what Sega does for all the Genesis games they put out on steam. They give you the roms wrapped up in an emulator, and you can just put those in whatever emulator you want if you don't like the standard version. They even made a thing where there's a 3D frontend for the emulator, where you're sitting in a room going through your library.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Does anybody know if the mobile/PC port has the DS translation/script? I've owned the DS version for years but never played it. I'd like to play this on the big screen and I'm sure the DS version of Chrono Trigger still sells for a decent amount on eBay.

The filters don't look as egregious as the hack-job they pulled on FFVI, so I may be able to stomach them or at least patch them out with a mod. It would certainly look better than staring at a 3DS screen.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Ugh, why do they keep doing this with their old games.
Because honestly some people like it (yuck) and they know those who don't can and will just emulate the original version.

Obviously I'd prefer the original SNES game with some good filter options and Steam achievements but eh, whatever. I've learned to not expect much from the Square ports after paying money for 5.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
It really angers me that Square treats FF VI and Chrono Trigger with such disrespect.

Rbz

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Hm. Maybe once there are mods to remove the touchscreen UI and fix the graphics, I'll buy it. Really want to demonstrate that this series still has legs, and I want to play it again (it's been years), but god damn.

The mobile UI is really the worst offender. It cannot have been hard to remove that; leaving it in just screams "cheap", which makes the $15 asking price pretty fucking ridiculous.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Because honestly some people like it (yuck) and they know those who don't can and will just emulate the original version.

Obviously I'd prefer the original SNES game with some good filter options and Steam achievements but eh, whatever. I've learned to not expect much from the Square ports after paying money for 5.
It's weird because they're competing with free, for both the SNES and DS port.

Evilmaus

Oct 27, 2017
If this gets mods to make it closer to the original then maybe I'll pick it up, but until then, I'll pass.

Oct 27, 2017
Square Enix Executive: "People seem really pleased with the PC version of Final Fantasy XV so far... Quick, release a completely sub-par port of Chrono Trigger out of nowhere!"

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
i understand the hate, but how can i play the snes version, its so expensive, same the ds versions. i dont have much options without being a pirate. this or mobile are the only ways i can play it now :(
Purchase this and emulate the SNES or DS version? I'm not sure what the site's stance is on stuff like that.

It's such a shame to see what happened to Square's ports. That DS version is lovely.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I'd just wait for the inevitable mods to remove the filter and replace the font. With those changes it should look more like the SNES version.

Molto

Oct 27, 2017
Shame SE shat out another garbage PC port. Don't support this, please. There's other, vastly superior ways of playing this game.

Khalme

Feb 5, 2018
One day I hope Squeenix will care and hire the 2D wizards at Lizardcube to do a proper remake like what they did for Wonder Boy : The Dragon's Trap.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Seems overpriced for such an old game, and a bad port to boot.

Guess I won't experience this game just yet.

glasiche

Avenger
Feb 12, 2018
Hey heres why I'm going to buy this:

When I played CT as a kid on a CRT TV, it wasn't "crisp pixels". It was blended RGB dots that created a smooth overall aesthetic. SOMETIMES we played it on crappy color TVs that weren't even all that big or were starting to fade or the tint was off etc. Game was still rocking regardless

I don't have a problem with the FF6 remaster visuals also, it's like: The game is there, in wide screen, same script you know - I'm cool with it. It's really not a hideous grotesque garbage pail kid everyone made it out to be.

IS IT TOO MUCH MONEY FOR A MOBILE PORT? This can be debated. Still gonna get it though considering how much I just spent on a pair of Jordans I'm not going to wear for months.
This is like $15 though, that's like buying lunch or snacks for a day. Just don't hemorrhage money at 7-11 today and voila CT:PC:Special Edition is yours! Guys! Guys????

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
The interface is hideous. And those tiling errors..... which art director signed off on that?