• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Insanexer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.patreon.com/posts/15204832

Really have missed Colin's input this last year in the gaming industry. Ever since his departure from KF I hoped he would return to writing about games. In his post, he seems reflective of the past, but has received a ton of feedback to continue being a thoughtful/different perspective in the gaming community.

Since resetera is a new start for everyone, I would like to welcome Colin back. Looking forward to his content and hope he can do another show like PS I Love You!

Mod Edit:
It is the position of the staff that we are not interested in providing a platform for Colin Moriarty. Please do not create threads about his content.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never felt he had much that was meaningful to say, and I hate his arrogance. I can't say I'll be looking forward to anything he has to say. I hope those who are enjoy his content.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Eh......I'm good. Colin showed his true colors and the backlash was warranted.

Deleted member 1105

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just as we predicted in the other locked thread, he shit all over current games journalism to set up a comeback.

The 5th grade history show didn't make him enough money I guess.

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
Thought he was alright in the Podcast Beyond days, but ever since leaving IGN he's really gone downhill. Yeah, I'll pass.

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, not exactly a fan of his. And he never stood out to me in the past anyway, our tastes probably don't really align, nevermind our views.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I find it notable that he never mentions Kinda Funny or any of its members by name when talking about his history and the people in the industry he respects.

Maybe he just assumes it's a given, but idk.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just as we predicted in the other locked thread, he shit all over current games journalism to set up a comeback.

The 5th grade history show didn't make him enough money I guess.
the fact that he made a post shitting on games journalists then name dropped a bunch in this post as if to say "these are the good guys tho" is certainly a plaN

Ovii

Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably check this out. I stopped listening to KF when Colin left, but I didn't really listen to CLS either.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having seen the hastily put together, shoddily edited, poorly fact checked and basically non-sourced videos he's put out since going out on his own?

I think I'll pass. Even ignoring his politics, his output is lazy and slapdash, far more people that put far more work into their craft deserve your money.

Josecitox

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
He's awesome, very happy for his return.

I couldn't care less for his political views, the major reason of why a lot of people dislike him.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If he really has meaningful things to say that aren't already (over)represented in games media, then sure, but I highly doubt he does.

When I founded Colin's Last Stand in March of this year, it represented a massive left turn in my life, a turn that deviated entirely from the previous 14 years of my existence.
I think he means a right turn, not a left one

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Colin weasling his way back into games coverage as his glorified high school book reports get less and less traction is the most predicable thing I've seen

I'm not interested. Stay gone

Shine

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely interested! Always enjoyed his content whether at IGN or Kinda Funny.

Deleted member 1105

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the fact that he made a post shitting on games journalists then name dropped a bunch in this post as if to say "these are the good guys tho" is certainly a plaN

He says some of the people he named don't even like him, but he has to brown nose them now that he is getting back into games... hilarious.

Briarios

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I have better uses for my time. He's not really someone I find worth supporting.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And considering last time he was on a website with all us he threw a tantrum and abruptly left I don't think he'd like it here.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of "poor wittle me" in that article.

Hope that whatever he does he has a good time and contributes something positive to the world.

Oct 27, 2017
People in the industry have told me privately and publicly that they'd wish I'd come back; I've had two meals with two prominent developers that told me just that in the last two weeks alone.
Classic humble brag.

Also leaving in a spectacular way, to just turn around when things don't work out is typical.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. No.
We are here to get away from gross people.

And Colin is about as gross as it gets.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Just listened to him on Joe Rogan's podcast the other day and he's actually got some really terrible opinions! I didn't mind his smug condescension when he was talking games but he really does a great job embodying white male privilege despite how much he claims to dislike Trump.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Meh. He doesn't particularly have much in the way of good insight and this just screams desperation after a really public tantrum went poorly for him. These past few months have done little to show him being capable of learning why he keeps driving people off.

No thanks.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't mind me. I'm just eating popcorn scoping this thread just to see the reactions and were off to a great start.

BackwardCap

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I thought he was done with games to go be a political spokesman? Guess that didn't pan out for em.

Status
Not open for further replies.