Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Avengers No Road Home #1 was pretty cool if mostly setup. Hope it's as good as the last one. Promising start.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the run had its ups and downs, but it was mostly great outside of one or two arcs.

Not falling for it Yoshida-san.

Wouldn't have expected you to. But the last series by this team was great and this is continuing parts of that. Plus its got Ewing doing more Hulk stuff and USAvengers character stuff.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Yes Snyder is really gonna leave Batman behind...

...maybe not.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Is The Grim Knight #1 is a standalone one-shot, or is it a tie-in to The Batman Who Laughs?
Maybe both? Its probably stand alone, but it did spawn from The Batman Who Laughs.

Hes in The Batman Who Laughs, but he hasnt really been doing much aside from getting in the way. I assume this one shot will just be like the other Dark Knight one shots from Metal.

I assumed that they just meant it would be his last Batman story with Capullo.
I doubt it. Its probably the just end to their overall story that started with the New 52 Batman. I totally expect them to do a sequel to Metal sooner or later at the very least.

I think Lore said it best earlier. My guess is its like their "last" Batman story, as in the final story in a timeline, but theres room to do stuff inbetween.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
People just really dislike the name/character. I dug it pre52, but showgirl Red Robin was a terribad design. oof...

oh and couple that with the whole "He was never Robin, he was always Red Robin" bullshit of the new 52 and people are gonna have thoughts lol

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
People just really dislike the name/character. I dug it pre52, but showgirl Red Robin was a terribad design. oof...

oh and couple that with the whole "He was never Robin, he was always Red Robin" bullshit of the new 52 and people are gonna have thoughts lol
The whole New 52 Red Robin thing was terrible. But I loved the Red Robin series before New 52. Really felt like he was becoming his own person.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Head-condom costumes are meh imo and then Tim's Rebirth costume was just a Robin suit with an extra "R" on it.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
The whole New 52 Red Robin thing was terrible. But I loved the Red Robin series before New 52. Really felt like he was becoming his own person.

That's my feeling on the matter. New 52 was just plain bad in some most respects. Even Snyder wasn't immune to the bullshit, making Nora a random obsession for Freeze instead of his wife. Like wtf

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017

Immunity is granted when you embrace the bullshit
catwoman_tinderbitch.jpg

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Immunity is granted when you embrace the bullshit
catwoman_tinderbitch.jpg
It's funny to think about how when I first started reading comics and had no standards for what good comics are, I read a few Catwoman by Nocenti issues that tied in to Batman stuff and still thought they were really bad, lol.

Daaang, these Sejic covers of He-Man are great.
DIG029448_1._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny to think about how when I first started reading comics and had no standards for what good comics are, I read a few Catwoman by Nocenti issues that tied in to Batman stuff and still thought they were really bad, lol.

Daaang, these Sejic covers of He-Man are great.
DIG029448_1._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Sejic was also on the design team for sideshows he man line. He's credited on all of them.

http://cdn-img3.52toys.com/9d64d9ff...eView2/2/w/2000/h/2000/quality/95/interlace/1

His art is out there for them.
https://cdna.artstation.com/p/asset.../332/large/stjepan-sejic-heman.jpg?1540540554

He also did She Ra.

Which character got the worst treatment during the New 52?

Catwoman

Slightconfuse

Oct 25, 2017
Read
Just started the second Omni myself a few nights ago. Theres so much I dont remember that has been really great.

But yea, New Avengers is way more interesting, especially where im at. Seems like Avengers was just filler until it needed 2 books to do the real important stuff.
Reading it all at once makes things a lot clearer. Does the Omni order the issues ?

Wish MU made it easier to jump back and forth

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Guardians #2 was pretty fun. This artist is perfect for the book.

Looks like Nova will be in the next issue!

Read

Reading it all at once makes things a lot clearer. Does the Omni order the issues ?

Wish MU made it easier to jump back and forth
Yea its in order in the Omni which makes it nice. It basically rotates one arc at a time for each book.

Status
Not open for further replies.