• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is your favourite comics publisher?

• Marvel

• DC

• Shonen Jump (best boy Bakugo)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
oh shit! Superman: Leviathan Rising Special #1 written by Brian Michael Bendis, Greg Rucka, Marc Andreyko and MATT FRACTION

Edit: and then I actually read the thing, that Fraction-Jimmy Olsen series is actually happening now but an ongoing instead of the mini they reported last year. I have never given a fuck about Jimmy Olsen and barely read Supes but I'll scoop that up for sure

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
oh shit! Superman: Leviathan Rising Special #1 written by Brian Michael Bendis, Greg Rucka, Marc Andreyko and MATT FRACTION

Edit: and then I actually read the thing, that Fraction-Jimmy Olsen series is actually happening now but an ongoing instead of the mini they reported last year. I have never given a fuck about Jimmy Olsen and barely read Supes but I'll scoop that up for sure
I'm out of the loop, or I forgot; there's a major crossover now in the mainline Supes books?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

That's awesome. Haven't gotten a chance to read the solicits yet. Glad those Fraction rumors were true.

This New 22 initiative isn't working all that well if they keep announcing new books?

Edit: damn you Hipsterpants

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is it really an "I told you so" moment when it's been telegraphed hard?

Also new Lois Lane and James Olsen ongoings by Rucka/Perkins and Fraction/Lieber respectively.
Looking forward to those for sure. Dog Days of Summer sounds cool (I've dug the majority of the anthology issues they've done). Also, the Doomsday Clock #11 solicitation has #10 of 12 in it, which is an embarrassing mistake.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
DC is in that months 80 page special lol

I would have moved John Timms to Catwoman

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Bendis isn't gonna get credit for bringing Fraction back.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
God that Wild Storm cover is so gooooood

Where's the Jimmy Olsen series? I can't find it

Li Kao

Oct 25, 2017
In my perpetual catch up with DC / Marvel never ending releases, I sorta wanted to try something else yesterday, and read some Image.
Now I don't want to enter hyperbole or caricature regarding the big two output, but everything was great.

Farmhand was super good, and I didn't think I could topple that but then Leviathan, while super barebone plot wise, was great too. And then I tried one issue of Gideon Falls which transformed into four issues.
I'm not at the point of changing my reading priorities, I'm a spandex junkie, but it's tempting. This was fucking good. Impressed.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Bendis isn't gonna get credit for bringing Fraction back.

Why not? After he left Marvel, I thought Fraction was going to go the BKV route and only do creator owned stuff with maybe one self-contained mini. Getting him on a new ongoing is quite the coup for DC and probably wouldn't happen without Bendis.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Why not? After he left Marvel, I thought Fraction was going to go the BKV route and only do creator owned stuff with maybe one self-contained mini. Getting him on a new ongoing is quite the coup for DC and probably wouldn't happen without Bendis.

Because people never like to credit Bendis. He is the big evil after all.

He deserves props for this. Fraction was completely done with superheroes.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
John Timms where are you 😭

Two Catwoman issues, no Joelle art.
original.gif

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Absolute Swamp Thing is now coming 10/16/2019?

And they reallocated Batman and the outsiders!

YO that Jerome Opena Justice League variant

Also I am seriously interested in the Lois Lane book by Rucka, this entire Leviathan arc by Bendis, and of course Last Knight. Flash Year One as well, even though I havent been following Flash in awhile.

Kinda funny they still even bother putting Doomsday Clock in with a date.

Last edited:

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017

Hmm. Absolute Swamp Thing re-solicited for October at the same price. Wonder what the point of cancelling orders was.

Wonder Woman omnibus v4. Hmm, maybe they plan to make omnibuses to fill in everything till the Jimenez omnibus. Any good material in there?

DCeased teasers looks as dumb as Blackest Night was.

AupjbrV.png

GyEwKlp.png

❤️

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. Absolute Swamp Thing re-solicited for October at the same price. Wonder what the point of cancelling orders was.

Wonder Woman omnibus v4. Hmm, maybe they plan to make omnibuses to fill in everything till the Jimenez omnibus. Any good material in there?

DCeased teasers looks as dumb as Blackest Night was.

AupjbrV.png

GyEwKlp.png

❤️
The Wild Storm's covers and interior art are amazing. I've been letting issues pile up a bit so I'm behind right now, but I'm really excited to see what I've been missing.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
The Wild Storm's covers and interior art are amazing. I've been letting issues pile up a bit so I'm behind right now, but I'm really excited to see what I've been missing.

One of the best artists working on ongoings. And no one else seems to come close to his action sequences. I need DC to make an Absolute Wild Storm to go with the rest of Ellis' Absolutes. And maybe an Absolute Global Frequency too.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Because people never like to credit Bendis. He is the big evil after all.

He deserves props for this. Fraction was completely done with superheroes.
It's funny to me that so much of the internet despises Bendis. I read Pearl and Cover and love them. Everything he did with Jessica Jones was gold. His Superman is a bit hit or miss, but overall I like it. Naomi seems to be off to a good start. I haven't read Scarlett or US vs. Murder Inc, but I've been a fan of most of his output at DC and yet here people hold him in such low regard.

In other news - DCEased looks fairly dumb to me.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So, was that 22 shit bullshit?
It seems like it must be. WW, Batman are both still shipping twice a month and Silencer (which isn't a great seller) is not ending.

In unrelated news - it's funny, but not surprising, that Morrison pitched GL as a "day in the life of a space cop" story as if it would be fairly low-stakes, grounded (for a space cop anyway), etc... but in reality it's just as out there, imaginative and crazy as one would think a Morrison GL run would be.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
It appears to be with these new books. Unless they start cancelling other titles left and right, it would still be pretty hard to hit just 22 books a month.

Maybe they just meant 22 core titles? Who knows what the original sourcing was for the rumor.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate that the response to Diamond asking DC to put it's solicits later in the week has been to just leak them all ahead of time anyway.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017

It was non-sense and one of the most irresponsible things Rich has ever published. Ryan Higgins showed pretty clearly how DC shrinking their line that much would basically kill the direct market. Too many shops depend on DC publishing double digit books per week and couldn't add enough volume from smaller publishers to make up for it.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Marvel/Netflix cancelled Punisher and Jessica Jones today I guess. They will still air the final JJ Season, but went ahead and cancelled it anyway lol.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
It was non-sense and one of the most irresponsible things Rich has ever published. Ryan Higgins showed pretty clearly how DC shrinking their line that much would basically kill the direct market. Too many shops depend on DC publishing double digit books per week and couldn't add enough volume from smaller publishers to make up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.