• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who should make the threads?

• Not Sillymonkey

• Not Owzers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
The Milestone situation comes to mind.
That still makes me mad. As much as I want a new Static comic, I don't think I could buy it in good conscience with them screwing over the McDuffie estate. What's the latest on that, anyway? Did they successfully sue or what?

Also, I didn't realize how close you were to JH Williams until just now. Are you his dad or son?

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Hanna-Barbera characters entering the DCU when?
They just have to say this was real:
1917fbbd117eb256efd45c9db3bd80cb.jpg

SPACE GHOST CAN WORK!

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Started catching back up on Green Arrow with issue #31 (I know right?), and it's hilarious that Bats would use Ollie's relationships with Roy and Emi as a good basis for babysitting Damien.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What did you guys think of Black Lightning.?

Brought my first dynamite comic in years, I'll never forgive them for project super powers but I have a soft spot for Killer Instinct.

LordOfLore

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Another reason for Alan Moore to be mad.
The downsides of Work For Hire books: You don't have the power to stop the owners from doing more with the characters you created. It's sad but inevitable. The fact it took almost 20 years for it to be incorporated into any of the multiverses even though DC had the full rights since the buyout of Wildstorm is actually kind of amazing(btw, check out Jim Lee's story of him telling Moore he sold the company to DC if you have the time. He thought Moore was going to beat him to death with a snake shaped cane IIRC). IIRC Tom Strong had mostly guestwriters the last year or two after the sale to DC until Moore came back for one issue to destroy the world.

Edit:

Last edited:

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
guru is the worst colorist of all time and it's been that way since for fucking ever, I've been contending he's the reason people hate the shit out of Greg Land for a while and the fact that Larroca's comics are intolerably awful right now should prove me right

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
Star Wars art is never really that good to be honest. The Storms of Crait one-shot issue had incredibly awkward art, especially with Leia. Like yeeeeeesh.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Udon stanned hard for Frank Cho's Gwen covers so I'm not surprised. That "back to normalcy" quote is hilarious.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Has anyone else noticed more typos in DC stuff the past month? Two issues in a row with JL and I just spotted a line in Superman 3 issues ago where a word is just missing in a sentence.

Do you have proofreaders? I'll do it for free.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
Udon stanned hard for Frank Cho's Gwen covers so I'm not surprised. That "back to normalcy" quote is hilarious.

The implication being that women, people of color and LGBTQ folks haven't been here all along, and it's soooooo fucking dumb it's incredible. You don't know shit about shit, they were there all along.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
It'll be a great day when Salvador Larroca is off Star Wars. The fact that he hasn't been removed is so sad, there's no way anyone working on the title thinks his art is acceptable.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
I got a bit lost in the shuffle a few days ago, anyone able to help with a quick answer on the below please?

As I'm now a year and a bit behind on Marvel, I'm thinking of trying Unlimited again after giving it a go a few years back.

Does it still feature glaring issue-gaps in the middle of arcs? Plus, is there now a way to go: "Show me all the comics released in Week 41, 2016" rather than having to track down the Diamond list and search individually?

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Read the most recent issue of Titans. As someone who read all of Wolfman and Perez's run (and after), I think the treatment of Donna is really lame. I was very disappointed after the annual, and I'm disappointed now. Wasn't her backstory retconned enough? This is definitely the worst backstory I've seen for her, personally.

Tom Strong had mostly guestwriters the last year or two after the sale to DC until Moore came back for one issue to destroy the world.
I'm gonna need an explanation of this, Lore.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Read the most recent issue of Titans. As someone who read all of Wolfman and Perez's run (and after), I think the treatment of Donna is really lame. I was very disappointed after the annual, and I'm disappointed now. Wasn't her backstory retconned enough? This is definitely the worst backstory I've seen for her, personally.
At this point they should just state she's some sort of timespace displacement entity or somesuch, which would just handwave away everything about her backstory. It keeps changing because she's a timeline manifestation or some bullshit.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
At this point they should just state she's some sort of timespace displacement entity or somesuch, which would just handwave away everything about her backstory. It keeps changing because she's a timeline manifestation or some bullshit.
It's not that I care so much exactly what her backstory is, but it sucks how they've totally messed up her and Diana's relationship.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Loving Extremity.

I really like when stories have dark characters that the writer isn't afraid to actually let them be dark. So often the writer will stop the characters from doing really fucked up shit because they want them to be likeable or don't want them going to extremes but so far they've not been shackled.

LordOfLore

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden

I'm gonna need an explanation of this, Lore.
Moore destroyed the ABC Earth in his final issue since he didn't have any more stories to tell and probably as a fuck you to Jim Lee(who sold Wildstorm and the imprints like ABC) and DC Comics. Think it was reversed a year or so later since other writers wanted to tell stories on the world with Tom Strong etc.

Never change Chip.

Last edited:

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Hi Comics-Era, what are some/the essential Marvel runs pre-2000? I've read/plan to read:

All of Claremont's X-Men and associated titles
All of Amazing Spider-Man
Lee/Kirby FF
Lee/Kirby Dr. Strange
Byrne's FF
Simonson's Thor
Stern's Avengers
David's Hulk

Thanks

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Hi Comics-Era, what are some/the essential Marvel runs pre-2000? I've read/plan to read:

All of Claremont's X-Men and associated titles
All of Amazing Spider-Man
Lee/Kirby FF
Lee/Kirby Dr. Strange
Byrne's FF
Simonson's Thor
Stern's Avengers
David's Hulk

Thanks
Frank Miller's Daredevil (include his Elektra stuff here)
John Byrne's She-Hulk
Kurt Busiek's Avengers

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone else noticed more typos in DC stuff the past month? Two issues in a row with JL and I just spotted a line in Superman 3 issues ago where a word is just missing in a sentence.

Do you have proofreaders? I'll do it for free.

Might be a certain editor or something because JL has been horrible with it all of Rebirth. There were times in Hitch's run where names for characters were just outright wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.