• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Read the newest issues of Marauders, Excalibur and Guardians of the Galaxy. Loved the first two, dozed off reading Guardians... It is 6am though so I'll come back after I've slept. But the first two books... Primo good shit. Morgan Le Fay

tenor.gif

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
So I finished Ewing's Rocket series.

Absolutely fantastic little series. Great read. Highly recommended. Very noir heist series. A heist, then a trial, then a prison break, then a heist, then a heist, then a heist. It's all fantastic. Ewing writes the genre well and throws an absolutely insane brand of humor into it.
Man I can't wait for Aaron to squander Moon Knight vs. Avengers and possibly fuck up Moon Knight before his series.
Fuck I forgot that's a storyline he still has coming up. At some point he's got to involve the Capital Cities of Heaven because he hasn't made a goddamned reference to the first Iron Fist BC and I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be a Phoenix event coming up too.
"Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 4"

fucking finally
Praise jesus

Gail Simone to take over Sonic the Hedgehog comic

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
What do you guys do about rereading collected or trades that have become very expensive? I have X-Men by Lee/Kirby omnibus that I've seen going for like $500+ online, and even being extremely careful and wrapping in bubble wrap on top of paper and putting it in a short box; transporting from moving it to my old apartment in LA to my parents' in OC I put a horizontal crease in the spine somehow. And now I'm worried about reading it anytime and just being generally clumsy, ripping or bending a corner of a page or something. I never buy floppies because I didn't want to have to deal with collecting or managing the condition and not enjoying the books, now I feel trapped.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
What do you guys do about rereading collected or trades that have become very expensive? I have X-Men by Lee/Kirby omnibus that I've seen going for like $500+ online, and even being extremely careful and wrapping in bubble wrap on top of paper and putting it in a short box; transporting from moving it to my old apartment in LA to my parents' in OC I put a horizontal crease in the spine somehow. And now I'm worried about reading it anytime and just being generally clumsy, ripping or bending a corner of a page or something. I never buy floppies because I didn't want to have to deal with collecting or managing the condition and not enjoying the books, now I feel trapped.
I mean it's a book. I read it. It's going to get wear and tear. As long as it's not getting a lot of actual major tearing and damage, I'm good. If having a physical collection is that much of a hassle and not enjoyable, then start selling and go digital. I only keep books that I legitimately feel I'll re-read or I think are cool to have (which I'll probably end up re-reading). I guess my thing is that if resale price is the issue, then re-reading it is no longer an option.

Last edited:

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
I...don't care, beyond keeping them upright on the shelves. I don't plan to sell them so really no point in keeping them in tip-top condition
The most I have heard someone do is a climate-controlled room for the books

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Finally found time to read this week's comics. Batman and Guardians were both very good.

That's it that's all I read

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017

If it goes crazy high, I personally am willing to sell them. Other than a few select omnibuses, I don't think I am that attached to any of the books. My Wolverine and X-Men sale funded my next four omnibuses.

Thinking of clearing out a few now actually, will do that once work crunch is done.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017

I have that book sealed that I lucked out in getting a couple years ago. I hesitated on opening it as I am reading that material finally now and instead opted to just grab the collected trades digitally to read instead. Same for Bishop's Crossing OHC which I'm currently on now. Just ridiculously expensive all of a sudden and I couldn't open it knowing it's value. (I probably should just sell them. I hate having sealed books just taking up space I'll never open, and I expect reprints someday...)

For books I do have opened that are pricey, I just read as usual. Take off the jacket and just try to not do any harm.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
I have that book sealed that I lucked out in getting a couple years ago. I hesitated on opening it as I am reading that material finally now and instead opted to just grab the collected trades digitally to read instead. Same for Bishop's Crossing OHC which I'm currently on now. Just ridiculously expensive all of a sudden and I couldn't open it knowing it's value. (I probably should just sell them. I hate having sealed books just taking up space I'll never open, and I expect reprints someday...)

For books I do have opened that are pricey, I just read as usual. Take off the jacket and just try to not do any harm.

If I could get my hands on a reliable, effective, and affordable book scanner, I would. I just have so much random comics I'd like to digitize. From capes stuff, to just weird 'zine type stuff made on a xerox machine, to collections of politcal cartoons I've gotten overseas on family vacations.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
IDW has TMNT, Transformers, and Sonic right? BOOM! Should buy them out and continue TMNT. I'd hate to see it get rebooted.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope TMNT jumps ship or ends gracefully. The series is way too good to go out on a whimper.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny that for a while writers forgot that Mephisto was supposed to be in prison in vegas or ignored it

Them suddenly EVERYONE has Mephisto in his hotel prison in Vegas

Did Marvel send a memo or maybe the writers made plans before that happened and didn't want to change

It's still funny

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Marvel must be trying to clear out all their Omnis that haven't sold well. Wonder what else will go on sale. I would have bought the Bendis GotG of it was like $40.

that's way too much for that liefeld Omni lol

While Marvel do clearances like that, this is just Amazon going ham. Tons and tons of omnibuses/absolutes on sale. Picked up the Lucifer one myself. Considering Absolute Swamp Thing and Absolute Sandman Overture. (Those are only at 50% off though).

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
While Marvel do clearances like that, this is just Amazon going ham. Tons and tons of omnibuses/absolutes on sale. Picked up the Lucifer one myself. Considering Absolute Swamp Thing and Absolute Sandman Overture. (Those are only at 50% off though).

Is there a comprehensive list of everything that's on sale?

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017

Percy's voice always throws me off.

This book is going to be good.

Damn why am I excited Marvel stop
No funny in the gutter.
Dude I'm not a Deadpool fan but that issue was goddamned tragic
COMICS |OT| February 2020 Friend-shaped
What's the consensus on Birds of Prey before Simone takes over? Still worth reading?
Absolutely, because before that you have Chuck Dixon's run, which while I have yet to finish it, is literally the OG run of the book and is really good. It has some outdated tropey issues that definitely scream "this was written by a male in the 90's" but by and large it's really really good.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
^thanks

It's funny that for a while writers forgot that Mephisto was supposed to be in prison in vegas or ignored it

Them suddenly EVERYONE has Mephisto in his hotel prison in Vegas

Did Marvel send a memo or maybe the writers made plans before that happened and didn't want to change

It's still funny

My guess is that they just wanted to put Mephisto everywhere without too much explanation, and then Aaron and Ewing did that "he's using loopholes in all his contracts" explanation in Valkyrie and now everyone is running with that.

With all the summer events lined up I can't believe this Mephisto stuff is going to not be resolved until at least the fall/winter, bleh.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Is Immonen good at creature design? That's probably the most important aspect of eldritch horror to me and I haven't seen much of that in his works I have read

Status
Not open for further replies.