• Gwen Stacy

Votes: 47 42.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Everything from Messiah Complex to Messiah War to Second Coming was awesome. They are like a trilogy of X-Men events.

Also check out Uncanny X-Force!

I didn't get Messiah War because I didn't think it featured any of the standard X-Men.

Re Uncanny X-Force: at what point (or issue) do Deadpool and Wolverine join them?

Btw, are there any (minimum 4-5 issue) Spidey/ Banner Hulk crossovers?

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't get Messiah War because I didn't think it featured any of the standard X-Men.

Re Uncanny X-Force: at what point (or issue) do Deadpool and Wolverine join them?

Right at the start. There's two different series called "Uncanny X-Force" and the one you want is the series with Deadpool, Wolverine, Archangel, Fantomex and Psylocke.

But read the Storm-lead Uncanny X-Force as well because it's baller.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

Btw, are there any (minimum 4-5 issue) Spidey/Hulk crossovers?

Protip: when it comes to reading comics you're going to want to follow writers, not series. If you like Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender - find more of Rick Remender's books like Black Science or Deadly Class.

Being an X-Men fan is a life of suffering.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Protip: when it comes to reading comics you're going to want to follow writers, not series. If you like Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender - find more of Rick Remender's books like Black Science or Deadly Class.

Being an X-Men fan is a life of suffering.

Lol, thanks. Btw, started watching Deadly Class, and it's really good, especially the cinematography!

Is the Storm lead one by Chris Claremont?

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Layla get sent to the future and get branded on the eye? Pretty messed up. She was great when she was just a little girl who knew stuff.

Anyway, this was one of my favorite little stories ever.

cmx-cu-sash-lg.png%7C0,0,361,554%20208,401,152,152_QL80_TTD_.jpg

"Easy peasy..."

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Feels like there are a bunch of issues that they totally didnt need to included in the Final Crisis omni. Everything before the Batman issues just were not needed imo. Havent seen what comes after those but Im sure there are more.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Layla get sent to the future and get branded on the eye? Pretty messed up. She was great when she was just a little girl who knew stuff.

Anyway, this was one of my favorite little stories ever.

cmx-cu-sash-lg.png%7C0,0,361,554%20208,401,152,152_QL80_TTD_.jpg

"Easy peasy..."

Yea, Layla's life is basically an endless time loop of shit until a certain event happens near the end of X-Factor.

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017
DCeased was pretty lame. It's very obviously chomping Marvel Zombies flavor but isn't nearly as jarring or horrible.

I'm glad to see the Batman filler is done, but I'm gonna wait till this whole arc is over before really reading it. King has burned me too many times so far.

Did anyone read the Villain Special? Was it any good?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Yea the first 2 stories were pretty good. Didnt read the 3rd. It feels more like a FCBD issue than anything else. Like a intro to the new status quo going forward. If you are interested in the Justice League stuff or Bendis's Leviathan, check it out. Its free digitally.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Yea the first 2 stories were pretty good. Didnt read the 3rd. It feels more like a FCBD issue than anything else. Like a intro to the new status quo going forward. If you are interested in the Justice League stuff or Bendis's Leviathan, check it out. Its free digitally.
And the best part? No Tom King!

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
JediTimeBoy Read "Rage of Ultron". It's an OGN and it rules.

Synopsis sounds really interesting, and a sort of sequel to AoU. AoU the movie obviously never mentioned Hank Pym as one of Ultron's creators, so sounds like both AoU and Rage are exactly the type of thing I'm looking for. Thanks for the suggestion!

Also added Geoff John's GL omnibus trilogy to my wish list, and the Blackest night 10th anniversary edition that's due to be published in June.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Year of the Villain #1 - Solid enough pitch. And Cheung/Maleev/Manapul is like, the best art lineup I can imagine. It's not enough to get me to pick up any of these books, but I'm looking forward to reading them for free in a year! Though Event Leviathan is REAL tempting...

Batman #70 - Boy these last 10 issues have been decompressed. Get to the Bane stuff, King! I want to see someone get fucked up!

Champions #5 - I have zero context for what's been going on in the X-Men world since... before Jean even came back, really. So Old/New/Whatever Cyclops here was just sort of a weird diversion, and it's uncomfortable seeing him old and square-jawed but also being chummy with Ms. Marvel. Despite that, fun story, and I respect the hell out of those editor's notes and a semi-recap page. Very old school!

War of the Realms #3 - I liked this one a lot, actually. A little bit shallow, since it bounces around in so many directions, but there was a good sense of momentum and a very clear throughline for all of the characters. Hoping it stays that way and doesn't devolve into "check out miniseries #18 to see what happened!" BS which it's definitely going to. Loved the panel of Jane with the big spear thing, and damn can Dauterman draw Venom.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
So I finished up Jason Aaron's Scalped and man was that good. Insanely violent and depressing yet almost all the major players managed to stay somewhat sympathetic all the way to the end.
DCeased was pretty lame. It's very obviously chomping Marvel Zombies flavor but isn't nearly as jarring or horrible.

I'm glad to see the Batman filler is done, but I'm gonna wait till this whole arc is over before really reading it. King has burned me too many times so far.

Had a friend who bought it because he loved Tom Taylor and even he said it was pretty bland. It really is basically DC Zombies apparently.

The Villain Special was pretty good imo, you can get for free online so no reason not to check it out imo.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Synopsis sounds really interesting, and a sort of sequel to AoU. AoU the movie obviously never mentioned Hank Pym as one of Ultron's creators, so sounds like both AoU and Rage are exactly the type of thing I'm looking for. Thanks for the suggestion!

Also added Geoff John's GL omnibus trilogy to my wish list, and the Blackest night 10th anniversary edition that's due to be published in June.
You dont need the Blackest Night omni unless you want it for the minis. The event and important tie ins are included in the second GL omni. Just fyi.

This is awesome. Would love to see him and his wife as Reed and Sue.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
Oversized #1s are such a bad idea especially on new creative teams. I don't know if you can do a regular-ass issue why would I want to pay more than that to try and find out? That's just a bum deal.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Wait, vivian fused with a sentient copy of herself...

I have morality and ethical questions about that.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
The ultimate test will be Spencer's ASM. Will it be able to last it's full probable 100+ issues without a single relaunch? I think that the younger audience books like Squirrel Girl and Devil Dinosaur could make it up pretty high too if the writers don't want to stop.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have even more questions

We're talking about the end of Mark Waid's Champions right?

In that book
Human Viv sacrifices her mind and body to jumpstart Robo Viv and bring her back to life, only no one really dwells on it so I initially read it as Human Viv hijacking Robo Viv's body.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
We're talking about the end of Mark Waid's Champions right?

In that book
Human Viv sacrifices her mind and body to jumpstart Robo Viv and bring her back to life, only no one really dwells on it so I initially read it as Human Viv hijacking Robo Viv's body.
Man, that's fucked

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Waid's champions as a whole is just weird

Remember the slave ring run by an evil clown?

Or that time they solved all terrorism in the world forever by punching out three guys?

Or having their trademark stolen so they save the day by tweeting about it?

Champions fucking sucked.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Just notice that Marvels is getting a epilogue with the original creators lol. Guess I be checking that out.

Didn't realize there was a sequel too (not with Alex Ross through).

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
I'm a bit out of the loop. What are currently the best ongoing Marvel series? And how's the latest run of Amazing Spider-Man?

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Immortal Hulk, Venom up to issue 12 because the current arc is War of the Realms stuff which I haven't started so I have no idea if it's any good.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
So Impulse is just Bendis' proxy, right? We can all agree on that?
Does Uncanny Avengers count as X-men?
No
AXIS gave us the scene with Carnage singing Freebird so it's not all bad
Better than Secret Empire

Comic Ultron is extremely different from movie Ultron because Hank Pym is a very different character from Tony Stark, and depending on the medium, that determines whom Ultron was based on.
Immortal Hulk, Venom up to issue 12 because the current arc is War of the Realms stuff which I haven't started so I have no idea if it's any good.
The Venom tie-in is fun, but super dumb.

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017
Savage Avengers felt very muddled to me. I don't know if it was the art or the emphasis on Conan lore (which I don't care for), but I'll give it one more issue because I trust Duggan.

Status
Not open for further replies.