• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone find it interesting that Ketkat and malus have posted basically once and it was about Blargs wild suggestion? All these other discussions and they pick the lowest hanging fruit that implicates no one.

I expected more talk about the votes last day, even if it was D1. The fact it resolved late could be interesting if scum was on one of the wagons.

I'm not really sure that is the lowest hanging fruit, but I should have known better than to expect Blarg to elaborate further than that. The issue with the Day 1 votes is that there's too many there that piled up at the end. I think its pretty likely that scum is there, but there were literally 5 people that jumped in there, so I've been mostly reading back and just weighing the options there. It has already been covered by other people as well, but a lot of those votes were directly in response to Terra's cop claim which can make it even iffier to get answers about what happened since they have a pretty solid cover there. And if Terra and Geno both end up being town, then we just had a 3-way split between town votes and scum could hide pretty easily among those. There's just a lot of issues with that right now, and I think it will be easier to look back on in the future moreso than right now.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
You should stop relying so much on meta, especially in Blargs case. I feel like you bring up a previous game in every other post. Meta is useless most of the time and thinking about it too much gets you nowhere. Most of the time it's just easy fluff to make posts seem more substantial than they actually are.
tumblr_n3eim8AsyM1s2md07o2_400.gif

I'm not really sure that is the lowest hanging fruit, but I should have known better than to expect Blarg to elaborate further than that. The issue with the Day 1 votes is that there's too many there that piled up at the end. I think its pretty likely that scum is there, but there were literally 5 people that jumped in there, so I've been mostly reading back and just weighing the options there. It has already been covered by other people as well, but a lot of those votes were directly in response to Terra's cop claim which can make it even iffier to get answers about what happened since they have a pretty solid cover there. And if Terra and Geno both end up being town, then we just had a 3-way split between town votes and scum could hide pretty easily among those. There's just a lot of issues with that right now, and I think it will be easier to look back on in the future moreso than right now.
So what are your actual thoughts on Blarg, Geno and Terra?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
You should stop relying so much on meta, especially in Blargs case. I feel like you bring up a previous game in every other post. Meta is useless most of the time and thinking about it too much gets you nowhere. Most of the time it's just easy fluff to make posts seem more substantial than they actually are.
Fair enough. I still think Blarg is being logical here though just in the context of the info we have in this game. If he truly believes the map is a key piece of info, then yeah, I can see why he wants to lynch Poltergust. It isn't an inherently scummy move from him.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Fair enough. I still think Blarg is being logical here though just in the context of the info we have in this game. If he truly believes the map is a key piece of info, then yeah, I can see why he wants to lynch Poltergust. It isn't an inherently scummy move from him.

I agree with you there. I don't think Blarg is right but it's a natural thing to think.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
So I read through day end again, but there's really not much go on about. A lot of votes with flimsy arguments, Terras claim and ensuing panic votes.

Some unordered thoughts for today
For today I'm inclined to believe Terras Alien-Cop claim. Combined with Sorians claim it implies however the presence of a third party whose goal is as of yet unknown.
The push from Blargonaut on Poltergust seems artificial and exagerated. I don't think if scum could only target people in the same room they would choose the one person that is alone with a member and I believe Blarg thinks this too. This leaves the question, why Blarg wants him dead so badly or is he always this stubborn?
Sparkster seems to want to claim the crown of shitposters from Blargonaut. He seems to be entirely unhelpful or even harming town.
Geno also hasn't been very helpful with just some random shade thrown at Verelios and some nothing posts.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017

It is notable that only me and blarg have moved today. And Blarg is actively encouraging people to move.

If Blarg has a role it probably has to do with the room set up.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Believing Terra's claim is crazy talk. It's such a simple progression: doomed on d1 > fake claim cop > invent unusual and flavour-friendly modifiers to claim overnight. I don't even believe in aliens, I doubt this game has any.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Fanto/Kalor, this is a good point and I'm moving Fanto firmly into my scumreads.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
It is notable that only me and blarg have moved today. And Blarg is actively encouraging people to move.

If Blarg has a role it probably has to do with the room set up.
I'm kind of seeing this as being a thing that Blarg is latching on to early in the game when there isn't a whole lot of info to go on, but yeah, it's worth noting that at least.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Also, you never answered my questions from earlier:
As for your focus on Terra, you haven't mentioned him really since you said you wanted to go back to your tunnel on him. What is your full scum read on him here? Do you just not believe the Cop claim?

And then you seem to have had some interactions with Geno here today too. Thoughts on him? Terra seems to maintain his Town read on him from yesterday, do you have thoughts on that pairing?

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what are your actual thoughts on Blarg, Geno and Terra?

Blarg - He's blarg. I don't really understand his plan by having us split up evenly and I'm not really sure about him at all just because he hasn't really said much. I doubt that he would be scum and brazenly split people up like that if it was completely helpful for scum, but he's also blarg so its hard to say exactly what he's planning or doing.

Terra - I'm very much on a wait and see with him right now depending on whatever Sorian's thing is. I'm not sure how likely the odds of having 2 cops are, but I don't mind waiting a day or so on him. His interactions have been pretty decent, but it really feels like he's still doing everything he can to fight for his own survival still. Which is fair, but I want to see where he goes from here.

Geno - The votes on him were pretty weak, with some of them just being prod votes to see if he would come back and then staying. His posts for today are talking about lynching Vere and how we should avoid Comrade. It's a little weird that he just asked if anyone wanted to pop in on the Vere vote and then dropped it, but generally I can't think of anything that stands out for him, which is a reason to keep an eye on him IMO.

Basically, I don't know how to feel about any of those 3 right now. Most suspicious to least is probably - Terra > Blarg > Geno for right now.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Believing Terra's claim is crazy talk. It's such a simple progression: doomed on d1 > fake claim cop > invent unusual and flavour-friendly modifiers to claim overnight. I don't even believe in aliens, I doubt this game has any.
Well there's also the indication of third parties in Faddys claim, so I don't think it's that farfetched that there may be aliens among us.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
See, I was hoping that post would get brought up after the game, not in the middle of it, Faddy.

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
I will, dont worry, not going to vote you for the time being.
its also amazing to see you write without posting a gif.
I know there is not much substance behind it, but i still respect it

Mac-Gives-a-Thumbs-Up-Its-Always-Sunny-in-Philadelphia.gif

Melon and *Splinter.
They act like they usually do.
Both probably town who suspect the other one to be scum.
Get a new script you two

This is my greatest role. I know no other way.

Comrade is a weird case here. They haven't brought anything new to the table and just keep sheeping other people's opinions, even when that post is wrong. But yet I can't bring myself to vote for them because I can't tell if this indicates he is scum or not. If he is town, he would be an easy lynch for scum to hop on and not need to justify their vote much, which makes me slightly wary of some of the people voting for him already. Though if is scum, it'd be better to lynch him sooner rather than later.

Are you just letting go of that vote on me. Because you've seem to move on to others rather abruptly with resolving it.

If you want some town points from me tell me what you think of Stan.

Why are you intersted in Stanley?

On closer inspection of my role, I've decided I do in fact believe in aliens.

I don't disagree.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
I knew I'd forgotten something

As for your focus on Terra, you haven't mentioned him really since you said you wanted to go back to your tunnel on him. What is your full scum read on him here? Do you just not believe the Cop claim?

And then you seem to have had some interactions with Geno here today too. Thoughts on him? Terra seems to maintain his Town read on him from yesterday, do you have thoughts on that pairing?
Terra spent day 1 regurgitating opinions (which can happen, I know) and trying to pass them off as his own (which doesn't need to). He then tried way too hard to discredit the votes against him, and finally the whole end of day claim thing which has been covered to death already.

Honestly this is all old ground, why are you asking me to recap the one player I've already posted heavily on?

As for Geno, his day one was weird. Uncooperative, belligerent, no reads given (IIRC). I'm not really sure what to make of it tbh. Earlier I was thinking scum but... He's really just drawing a lot of negative attention to himself? I dunno. I'd rather revisit him after Terra flips. I remember they had some interaction on D1.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly this is all old ground, why are you asking me to recap the one player I've already posted heavily on?
Trying to see if you still feel the same way and/or if you have new observations about him to share. He seems to be your top target, so yeah, I wanted your full thoughts on him instead of a post here and there. Also, I've said I don't want to lynch him today, so if you end up voting for him, I want to make sure I know why you went for him. For now it seems like you're still basing most of it on your D1 read of him?

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to see if you still feel the same way and/or if you have new observations about him to share. He seems to be your top target, so yeah, I wanted your full thoughts on him instead of a post here and there. Also, I've said I don't want to lynch him today, so if you end up voting for him, I want to make sure I know why you went for him. For now it seems like you're still basing most of it on your D1 read of him?
Sure, his d2 is mostly self defense I think? Not much to read into that.

I guess there was that conversation with Polter which felt like overkill defense on a single point. It wasn't even that important, just felt like he doesn't want any avenue of suspicion left open on himself.

Oct 25, 2017
Terra has made some good posts, not gonna lie, but I'm kind of with Splinter. I don't know why people are taking him at face value especially after what happened with Soraian. it comes across as even weirder because some people are taking some of Soraian reads, but ignoring how weirded out he was by Terra.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Terra has made some good posts, not gonna lie, but I'm kind of with Splinter. I don't know why people are taking him at face value especially after what happened with Soraian. it comes across as even weirder because some people are taking some of Soraian reads, but ignoring how weirded out he was by Terra.

Terra will resolve himself.

Either he is lying and will eventually have to lie to keep up his charade or he is telling the truth and a non-town person will kill him because he is a threat or our real cop will check him.

We don't need to lynch him right now.

Oct 25, 2017
Terra will resolve himself.

Either he is lying and will eventually have to lie to keep up his charade or he is telling the truth and a non-town person will kill him because he is a threat or our real cop will check him.

We don't need to lynch him right now.

Our real cop might of just peaced out though, so that option is gone.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Our real cop might of just peaced out though, so that option is gone.

No it isn't. LOL

If Sorian was the real cop then why didn't he give a check? If he was roleblocked he would have said as an additional counter claim. We are getting Sorian's plan on day 3 so we aren't doing anything about Terra until then.

Oct 25, 2017
No it isn't. LOL

If Sorian was the real cop then why didn't he give a check? If he was roleblocked he would have said as an additional counter claim. We are getting Sorian's plan on day 3 so we aren't doing anything about Terra until then.

Yeah, I didn't even consider that. We can come back to this on day 3 and see what's up

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I can't even say anything because of how subjective this read is. Sure, it's based off of three years. Sure, you have a track record with Geno. This might all be true, I dunno. Usually when people give meta reads it's as a supplement to something else, not an entire reason. Like...I don't know, you read Geno as town because he usually doesn't give a fuck and is gonna do what he wants as town? What? Who would this convince? If this was a gut read it would make more sense but you're framing it like you really believe in it, why? On day 1 no less...are there any other reasons than meta? Given Geno's posts could there be any other reason? I don't believe you. There has to be more to this shit than you're telling us.

20foch.gif
Did you not even read all of my post? "'m not going to rely on that singular explanation for a read this whole game obviously, but Geno gave me enough to dissuade me from voting him day 1." It is supplemental, but when it's day one and there's not much to go on, I'm not going to actively go against a read I get for someone I've known for so long because of a questionable argument brought about by someone else. Several times I've said it's not a get out of jail free card for Geno. If he continues to just coast I'm obviously not having it. I've already claimed my role so it's not as if it's related to an ability or anything, and frankly I don't care if you disagree with my methodology.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Did you not even read all of my post? "'m not going to rely on that singular explanation for a read this whole game obviously, but Geno gave me enough to dissuade me from voting him day 1." It is supplemental, but when it's day one and there's not much to go on, I'm not going to actively go against a read I get for someone I've known for so long because of a questionable argument brought about by someone else. Several times I've said it's not a get out of jail free card for Geno. If he continues to just coast I'm obviously not having it. I've already claimed my role so it's not as if it's related to an ability or anything, and frankly I don't care if you disagree with my methodology.
Sorry if I sounded cranky (just finishing some stuff and I'm starving) but that was the middle of day 1. I'm not sure what special intel you think I supposedly obtained that early into the game but I don't have anything. And just because I was against voting him day 1 doesn't mean that I'm not privy to the idea of a push for him later. Especially because as I already put it on day 1, his ongoing absence is not a good sign.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Comrade is a weird case here. They haven't brought anything new to the table and just keep sheeping other people's opinions, even when that post is wrong. But yet I can't bring myself to vote for them because I can't tell if this indicates he is scum or not. If he is town, he would be an easy lynch for scum to hop on and not need to justify their vote much, which makes me slightly wary of some of the people voting for him already. Though if is scum, it'd be better to lynch him sooner rather than later.
I see it being as an easy lynch for scum either way. If he's town, it's an easy mislynch. If he's scum, you bus him for a bit of town cred because he's playing so poorly. I know if I were scum with him I wouldn't be opposed to bussing him. The fact that he's such an easy target is why I avoided voting him for so long, but he looks particularly suspect this game (especially with parroting people to the point of parroting my misinterpretation of a quote) so it would come to this point eventually.

I'm up for him or a Splinter lynch right now.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

On closer inspection of my role, I've decided I do in fact believe in aliens.
This feels artificial as hell. Especially with it apparently taking you this long to realize it. You're still definitely being scanned first.

Terra spent day 1 regurgitating opinions (which can happen, I know) and trying to pass them off as his own (which doesn't need to). He then tried way too hard to discredit the votes against him, and finally the whole end of day claim thing which has been covered to death already.

You can choose to ignore me if it doesn't suit your narrative, but that doesn't make you right here. I posted specific posts including narratives and sequences in which I wasn't merely "regurgitating opinions" and I even supported the fact that when I did say something similar to what was stated I generally added something else into the fold as well. So no you can't stick to saying that same singular argument on replay as if it's still relevant.