• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
It's the weekend, don't expect me to be very active.

So you honestly think I'm a scum item giver handing stuff to my teammates? And whose items may or may not work? And that Fanto bussed me on the way out?

I can explain the item limit. I have 4, and any unused items return to me if the holder dies.

Right now my lunch order is nin-Ketkat-malus-Coolest-Fire-Polter.
So you're also saying that you've just been unlucky in who you've been targeting? After all, you did basically hand out an item to two soon-to-be-dead people.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
And once again, we still don't know why no one died N3. Kalor's roleblock is the only possible way that can possibly be determined at this point, since no one seems to be a doctor.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I honestly think you're onto something with the game being misleading here and there being an actual "conspiracy element". People being quiet and (fake?) role claims that counter things not in game lead me to believe this.

But what's funny is...I know it's not me. And it's funny because besides you, L_P and Fireblend are the only two I see as town (L_P's items are iffy, but seem too bold and stupid for scum to pull...unless that's what they want us to think?). From what I gathered L_P was pretty open the whole way through. The fact you want to off us has me for a moment worrying we need to off you, after all this isn't the first game where the most logical player and "town proven" voice of reason has led me astray (Brazil taught me the hard way). I might need to dig deep into you tomorrow, along with whoever lives out of L_P and Fireblend...

Anyways, there is something about this game that isn't right. And Fran loves fucking with my head, and Family Guy, and I'm mad at both.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hello, I'm kind of here for a minute.

It's the weekend, don't expect me to be very active.

So you honestly think I'm a scum item giver handing stuff to my teammates? And whose items may or may not work? And that Fanto bussed me on the way out?

I can explain the item limit. I have 4, and any unused items return to me if the holder dies.

Right now my lunch order is nin-Ketkat-malus-Coolest-Fire-Polter.

We already had a scum give town false info with their role, so your role being a lie isn't that crazy

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like, let's not the act the concept of "Scum player pretends to be items to fellow scum players as cover up even tho they do nothing" as a cover-up would be a smart play. It'd be easy to see a mile away, and it's the fact you're saying that's going on when there's this literal alien element to the game and inactive players to dig into is odd as hell to me.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I honestly think you're onto something with the game being misleading here and there being an actual "conspiracy element". People being quiet and (fake?) role claims that counter things not in game lead me to believe this.

But what's funny is...I know it's not me. And it's funny because besides you, L_P and Fireblend are the only two I see as town (L_P's items are iffy, but seem too bold and stupid for scum to pull...unless that's what they want us to think?). From what I gathered L_P was pretty open the whole way through. The fact you want to off us has me for a moment worrying we need to off you, after all this isn't the first game where the most logical player and "town proven" voice of reason has led me astray (Brazil taught me the hard way). I might need to dig deep into you tomorrow, along with whoever lives out of L_P and Fireblend...

Anyways, there is something about this game that isn't right. And Fran loves fucking with my head, and Family Guy, and I'm mad at both.
I really don't like being at this stage of the game with so little confidence in what to do next.

I frankly should've died along with Splinter lol. I completely mentally checked out when Day 3 was coming to a close and I've been picking up the pieces ever since.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Like, let's not the act the concept of "Scum player pretends to be items to fellow scum players as cover up even tho they do nothing" as a cover-up would be a smart play. It'd be easy to see a mile away, and it's the fact you're saying that's going on when there's this literal alien element to the game and inactive players to dig into is odd as hell to me.
To be fair, I don't think that L_P being scum automatically makes you and Fireblend to be scum. It depends on what his role PM would reveal.

The fact that there hasn't been a turbo onto L_P right now means that L_P is either scum or there really are just 2 scum left, so there's that.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, I don't think that L_P being scum automatically makes you and Fireblend to be scum. It depends on what his role PM would reveal.

The fact that there hasn't been a turbo onto L_P right now means that L_P is either scum or there really are just 2 scum left, so there's that.

Or there are scum on my vote.

Nin is at 2 votes as well.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
What I want to know, L_P, is why scum haven't killed you yet despite having an extremely helpful role for town. I think you confirmed having such a role Day 4, and you have survived four separate night phases since then.

OP
OP
Fran

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
It was a hug

From Fran

And it was awful

tenor.gif

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Two possible reasons:

1. They tried killing me N3 and failed.
2. Since I'm essentially became vanilla town in a role madness game, scum decided to focus on killing people with usable abilities.

(Both of the above may be true.)

1. No one can or will explain this, but at least you're finally acknowledging this theory.
2. Kalor was an actual jailer so that makes sense. But Sorian was basically vanilla and was carrying the ghost of Faddy. And DCPat was basically vanilla and barely posting.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
What I want to know, L_P, is why scum haven't killed you yet despite having an extremely helpful role for town. I think you confirmed having such a role Day 4, and you have survived four separate night phases since then.

I gave an item to scum so I could help them again unwillingly.

No verification that my items work.

I've been scum read all game so I'm an easy mislynch.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
1. No one can or will explain this, but at least you're finally acknowledging this theory.
2. Kalor was an actual jailer so that makes sense. But Sorian was basically vanilla and was carrying the ghost of Faddy. And DCPat was basically vanilla and barely posting.
You understand that Sorian and DCPat dying before you despite having less important roles are points against your own credibility, right?

I've been trying to figure out why Sorian died N5, but it makes sense scum figures that there aren't really any good town roles left in the game.

I wonder if Vere died protecting someone, though. It would've been nice if he got tracked N6.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
The Lone_prodigy train is certainly more promising than the Nin train.

Vote: Lone_Prodigy

OP
OP
Fran

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
The remaining people decided to lynch Lone_Prodigy.

Poltergust: Check his ID.

Coolestpot: Here it says that he is Fox Mulder, FBI agent.

Poltergust: I knew it. We found another one. Good job.

Fireblend: Wait a second. I found another ID here. It says he is a lawyer named Saul Goodman.

Coolestpot: And another one here says he is Gregory House, a doctor.

Poltergust: So, what does this mean.

Fireblend: This mean that he was lying about himself. He is just a con man.

Poltergust: We screwed up, right?

Nin: Yes, you did.

Lone_Prodigy has died

Welcome to Conspiracy Mafia!

You actually don't believe in any conspiracy but you exploit it to make money. You are a neutral.

You are an opportunist. You make a living selling useless crap to conspiracy nuts.

You are a Fake Item Giver. During the night phase you can use the command Give: PlayerName Item to give your target one of this four items:

Fake Roleblock, Fake Motion detector, Fake Bulletproof, Fake Kill shot.

You can only send one item per night phase. The items don't work but your target won't know about this as they won't also know that you sent them.

You win when all the four items are used by your targets (the Fake Bulletproof will self-activate the next night after it being sent).

Your game thread is here:

Please confirm reception of this role by PM or in the game thread.

If you have any question or doubts you can send me a PM. Have fun!

Fireblend: It's all your fault!!

Poltergust: What? It's not my fault. It's Coolespot's fault!

Coolestpot: What are you talking about? It was all because we listened to Fireblend.

Fireblend, Poltergust and Coolespot: I'm done!!! I'm going to kill you!!!!!

Nin, Malus and Ketkat watch as Fireblend, Poltergust and Coolestpot fight until they are all dead.

Fireblend has died

You are a conspiracy nut and that means that you are Town.

You believe that a race of lizard people have a civilization underground and they abducting politicians to control the world.

You are a Poison Doctor. During the night phase you can use the command Cure: PlayerName to cure a player that has been poisoned. You can also use the command to prevent your target being poisoned the same night. You only have 2-shots.

You also can vote during the day phase.

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

Poltergust has died

You believe that Elvis, Michael Jackson and John Lennon are still alive but they were abducted by aliens for their amusement.

You are a Lovers Pair with *Splinter. Both of you share a secret chat here:

When one of you die both of you will die together.

Coolespot has died

You believe that all the cop forces of the world answer to a small group of political parties.

You are an Alien Enthusiast. During the night phase you can use your command Artifact: PlayerName to send an artifact to your target. At the start of the next day phase you will receive the artifact back and confirmation if your target is an alien. Your target will be notified that he received an artifact but not what it does.

Nin: And with that our work is done.

Ketkat: It was much more easier that I thought it would be.

Malus: Yes, and just in time. I had enough about being locked in here. I want to go out of here now.

Nin: I'm going to contact Big Brother. Big Brother, here is Nin. We are done here. All the conspiracy nuts are dead and their knowledge died with them. We are ready to leave the bunker.

Nin: Big Brother, Here is Nin. Answer please.

Malus: Let me try. Big Brother, Malus here. We have finished our mission. You can unlock the doors now.

Ketkat: What is happening? What does this mean? Why aren't they opening the doors?

Malus: I think they are leaving us here. We know too much now.

Nin: FUUUU….

Nin has won the game

You are infiltrated government agent and that means that you are scum.

Your scum partners are: *Splinter, rac, malus, Fantomas

You are a Men in Black Agent who has infiltrated the bunker to prevent the conspiracy nuts to spread their knowledge to the world.

You are a Tracker. During the night phase you can use the command Track: PlayerName to learn who your target targeted during the same night phase.

You can also use the command Kill: PlayerName as a factional kill during the night phase to kill a player.

You win when your side control more than 50% of the votes.

Your scum secret chat is here:

Malus has won the game

Your scum partners are: *Splinter, rac, Fantomas, Nin

You are a Secret Service Agent who has infiltrated the bunker to prevent the conspiracy nuts to spread their knowledge to the world.

You are a Janitor. During the night phase you can use the command Janitor Kill: PlayerName to modify the night kill. If you were successful your target role and alignment won't be revealed after death. Note that this is just a modifier and not an extra kill. You need to be the one performing the kill for the modifier to work. You only have 2-shots. You can't use this command N1. You can't use this command 2 nights in a row.

You can also use the command Kill: PlayerName as a factional kill during the night phase to kill a player.

Ketkat has won the game

Your scum partners are: *Splinter, malus, Fantomas, Nin

You are an NSA Agent who has infiltrated the bunker to prevent the conspiracy nuts to spread their knowledge to the world.

You are a Secret Voter. During the night phase you can use the command Secret Vote to make all the next day phase votes anonymous. You only have 1-shot. This ability must be used before D4 start (so N3 is the limit). After that you lose your shot.

Fantomas and Splinter has also won the game.

Congrats Scum team on their victory!!

Last edited:

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
btw Coolest, you should have said you faked the alien check after Nin started using it. Would have buried him I think lol.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And I was coming right for Malus and Ketkat eariler for low activity. I admit I lied about reading Nin as an alien, but I hoped you'd all at least kill him and reveal his obviously scum self.

Good game Scum, you made us go mad, and great game Fran. You're interactions with us while not helpful, made the pain bearable. And your hugs aren't that bad.

Is there a spec thread one can join?

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I thought we were done for, after both Coolest and Fireblend named the exact scumteam.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
And obviously if nin would've been revealed to not be an alien, we would immediately lynch Coolest next. I just don't understand this play at all. <_>

Oct 25, 2017
And I was coming right for Malus and Ketkat eariler for low activity. I admit I lied about reading Nin as an alien, but I hoped you'd all at least kill him and reveal his obviously scum self.

Good game Scum, you made us go mad, and great game Fran. You're interactions with us while not helpful, made the pain bearable. And your hugs aren't that bad.

Is there a spec thread one can join?

It was a good play. Surprised it didn't work after nin just went along with it for some reason

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
RIP. Good job scum. I feel like town could have done better the last couple phases for sure, but I'm not surprised they lost in such a confusing game.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Nin went along with it so easily that if Coolest had come out saying it was faked. It'd be a question of who you believe more and I'd hope Nin would have been lynched in that situation.