• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 31, 2017
Hadn't seen a thread or really any discussion on these videos on here so I figured I'd make a thread. We got the Tawna reveal from Playstation Underground yesterday, but it also looks like full footage from the press demo has been allowed out there now too.

Some streamers/content creators were allowed to upload full playthroughs of the demo Toys For Bob gave out a month or so ago (and which will be the demo available for digital pre-orders on PS4 next week on 09/16).

More videos:
RamjanGamingHD - Dino Dash Full Playthrough PS4 Pro 4K

Watching full, minimally edited gameplay of these levels has me very excited for this, especially as a huge fan of Naughty Dog's original three PSX Crash Bandicoot games. This game looks to be the direct Crash continuation I've been dreaming of all of these years since Wrath of Cortex and I think it's going to deliver!

Think we might be in for the hardest Crash game too, which is incredibly exciting since the original is my fave. Remember, these levels are from about halfway through the game according to Toys For Bob, so that should speak some to the challenge this game looks to have. I think Tim Getty's original comment that it reminds him of Crash fused with Tropical Freeze seems very on point, especially after watching these videos.

If anyone has any other full playthrough videos, feel free to share!

Last edited:

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Really hoping they release a PS5 upgrade or version. The only thing from keeping me from buying it. Sure i could just use the eventual bc mode but its so late in the generation that I feel they should have had an update for it for next gen launch. Ill wait until that is clarified and I agree this looks like a great sequel to the original trilogy. The only redesign not too excited about is tawna . She looks nothing like her og character.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Dang... Looks and plays awesome. It's gonna be long and painful year of wait until the Switch version...

OP
OP
DeliciousSunnyD!
Oct 31, 2017
Really hoping they release a PS5 upgrade or version. The only thing from keeping me from buying it. Sure i could just use the eventual bc mode but its so late in the generation that I feel they should have had an update for it for next gen launch. Ill wait until that is clarified and I agree this looks like a great sequel to the original trilogy. The only redesign not too excited about is tawna . She looks nothing like her og character.
I'm also hoping they announce a possible update/upgrade available for the new consoles. Right now I plan on playing it on the PS4 Pro, but I'd really like to be able to play an even nicer version on PS5 this fall if possible for sure.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Must. Not. Watch,

I watched no commentary videos last month, and there was a lot in the previews, but I want to save what's in the full demo for next week. Just gotta be strong.

OP
OP
DeliciousSunnyD!
Oct 31, 2017
Must. Not. Watch,

I watched no commentary videos last month, and there was a lot in the previews, but I want to save what's in the full demo for next week. Just gotta be strong.
Yeah, these videos made me very excited to try the demo out next week. It looks very good and very challenging, but in a fair way. I think this might wind up being the hardest Crash Bandicoot game, at least in terms of 100% completion.

The wumpa fruit being a fixed counted collectible like the crates is going to make for some very tough moments I think.

Mugman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Haven't really paid any attention to the game despite liking the N. Sane Trilogy a lot more than I was expecting to, and this footage looks awesome. Gonna stop watching now because this probably just made my purchase list, so thanks for sharing.

Oct 27, 2017
This one's pretty good

I LOVE the detail of the little baby dinosaurs watching Crash do the bonus round and the platforming/puzzle-solving looks as great as ever, but I'm a bit bummed out by the fact that the bonus rounds don't seem to have their own tracks or even remixed tracks like they did in the original trilogy.
Edit: or at the very least the bonus round remixes don't feel as noticeable as they have in the past.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeliciousSunnyD!
Oct 31, 2017
This one's pretty good

Will add this to the OP.

Game is looking really good. I've watched several different people play through it now. Someone had mentioned that it was like Crash 3's moveset and theme combined with Crash 1's challenging platforming, which I'm all for.

I wasn't sure about there being a double jump in this game, as I'm more of a purest when it comes to Crash's moveset in that I prefer the simplicity of the original game, but also will take the expanded moves of the sequel. I was worried about the double jump because it essentially broke any of the possible challenge of Warped, especially when combined with the tornado spin. But this game looks like it actually forces skilled use of the double jump, which is honestly perfect.

I really can't wait to see some of the very hardest stuff they've made, and what the stuff locked behind collectibles will be.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Caddicarus did a great stream of this today where he tried to 100% it, which wasn't really possible due to it being a demo/fucking hard (more so than the originals apparently), but he still gave us plenty of footage and talked about it relatively in-depth.

I say this in every thread but I'm still stunned by how good it looks. I used to be so worried about a Crash 4 from an Activision studio, and they come out with what looks like the best entry in the series by far? Fuck.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Looking good! I love the difficulty on display and I'm sure it'll get even more complicated in some of the later levels.

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
Waiting to get this on PS5 or see what their upgrade system to next gen is as I don't want to buy the game twice or pay a lot extra.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Her original design is so bad that they really didn't need to write a diegetic explanation for her makeover, honestly.

True, even though they improved her a bit on n sane trilogy and CTR... Still was far from ideal.

Also, the owner of this channel confirmed it was recorded in a base model and it apparently runs unlocked

youtu.be

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time - Snow Way Out SPEEDRUN - 2:29 (DEMO)

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time - Snow Way Out SPEEDRUN - 2:29! This is to show what a platinum relic pace would be, if implemented into the Crash Bandico...

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
So i was wondering. I was just playing the earlier Crash games to see if i would like them enough to buy Crash 4 and i was thinking gameplay would be a lot smoother if the apples would collect automatically (you don't have to walk over them) when you smash the boxes since it always stops the flow of the game. So i was looking at a Crash 4 gameplay demo and i noticed apples did just that. Is that something that has changed with the new game or is this an ability? I have little experience with the Crash games hence my question.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
So i was wondering. I was just playing the earlier Crash games to see if i would like them enough to buy Crash 4 and i was thinking gameplay would be a lot smoother if the apples would collect automatically (you don't have to walk over them) when you smash the boxes since it always stops the flow of the game. So i was looking at a Crash 4 gameplay demo and i noticed apples did just that. Is that something that has changed with the new game or is this an ability? I have little experience with the Crash games hence my question.
Completely new here. In the originals, you had the option to collect them or spin them away at your own free will (this includes other things like lives, bonus tokens or Aku masks).

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
That's just a (welcome) change they've made for Crash 4. Doesn't look like you can spin them away anymore, either.

EDIT: Beaten at literally the exact same second, wow.

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the answers. I feel this helps the flow of the game quite a lot, at least for me. I was always stopping to collect the fruit. Seems like a change for the better and something that would make the game a lot more enjoyable in my case (but i'm a Crash newbie).

Oct 27, 2017
Waiting to get this on PS5 or see what their upgrade system to next gen is as I don't want to buy the game twice or pay a lot extra.

I'm also hoping they announce a possible update/upgrade available for the new consoles. Right now I plan on playing it on the PS4 Pro, but I'd really like to be able to play an even nicer version on PS5 this fall if possible for sure.

I really hope they announce this soon. I want to play this game as soon as possible, but I don't want to be locked out of a PS5 version just because I bought the PS4 version.

Right now we see Activision doing the $70 version with Cal of Duty to get both PS4/PS5 versions.
But the the Xbox version of the game has the Xbox Series X logo on it, saying "Xbox One game playable on Xbox Series X."

So I'm guessing they might not just do a PS5/Xbox Series X specific version?

OP
OP
DeliciousSunnyD!
Oct 31, 2017
I really hope they announce this soon. I want to play this game as soon as possible, but I don't want to be locked out of a PS5 version just because I bought the PS4 version.

Right now we see Activision doing the $70 version with Cal of Duty to get both PS4/PS5 versions.
But the the Xbox version of the game has the Xbox Series X logo on it, saying "Xbox One game playable on Xbox Series X."

So I'm guessing they might not just do a PS5/Xbox Series X specific version?
Yeah me too.

I'm probably going to pull the trigger on the PS4 digital version right now, just to grab the demo (and this is where I was going to play it anyway), but I would really, really appreciate it if they came out and were very clear about the performance of the game on the various consoles and whether or not there's an ability to "upgrade"/transfer to the new consoles (in particular with respect to the PS5).

On Xbox, in theory, people should be able to buy on Xbox One and play on one of the new Xboxes this fall, based on their overall platform policy.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah me too.

I'm probably going to pull the trigger on the PS4 digital version right now, just to grab the demo (and this is where I was going to play it anyway), but I would really, really appreciate it if they came out and were very clear about the performance of the game on the various consoles and whether or not there's an ability to "upgrade"/transfer to the new consoles (in particular with respect to the PS5).

On Xbox, in theory, people should be able to buy on Xbox One and play on one of the new Xboxes this fall, based on their overall platform policy.

Honestly with PS5, given how (surprisingly) little information we have on the console overall, I could see that being a factor as to why they have yet to clarify on the matter. Maybe after Wednesday it'll be easier for them to say, along with other publishers.

OP
OP
DeliciousSunnyD!
Oct 31, 2017
Honestly with PS5, given how (surprisingly) little information we have on the console overall, I could see that being a factor as to why they have yet to clarify on the matter. Maybe after Wednesday it'll be easier for them to say, along with other publishers.
I suspect this is it yeah.

And it's conspicuous (in a not very optimistic way...) that the demo is releasing on Wednesday for digital pre-orders on PS4. Hopefully there's no more scummy business practices associated with this, but I'm fearing the worst (in that no, there's not going to be any transferring/upgrading of titles from PS4 -> PS5 and they are trying to maximize off of the fans as much as possible).

I really hope that possible worst-case scummy profiteering isn't what's actually going to happen, but I don't feel very optimistic.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Yeah me too.

All games released after July 13rd need to be backwards compatible with the PS5 to pass certification, so you'll be able to play it.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Isn't stopping anyone else. The pre orders for Fenyx Rising, Watch Dogs Legion, and AC all tell you that you get the PS5 version when you buy the PS4 game.