• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aurora

Jul 22, 2018
Lemuria

Maybe instead of waiting for a hypothetical next gen upgrade on Crash Bandicoot of all games, just buy the game and enjoy it now?

OP
OP
DeliciousSunnyD!
Oct 31, 2017

Maybe instead of waiting for a hypothetical next gen upgrade on Crash Bandicoot of all games, just buy the game and enjoy it now?

Oh I'm planning on buying it on PS4, but I'd love to have it be available on PS5 this fall if possible. And Lant_War corrected me about games after July 13th on PS4 having to be playable on PS5 back compat.

And I'm not averse to buying games that I really love and want to support multiple times, and hopefully Crash 4 is that level of quality for me.

Still, would love to have some solid upgrades for PS5 if possible (and free would be good too of course).

GoGoDezmo

Nov 8, 2019
Not a demo, but I couldn't think of where else to post it:

I ADORE all the character and charm this game gives off at literally every moment. Toys for Bob are nailing it.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
A demo that you can only get by pre-ordering the game, so scummy man

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

I ADORE all the character and charm this game gives off at literally every moment. Toys for Bob are nailing it.

Immediately thought of this:
bugs.jpg

Which is good. They should totally be leaning into Crash's Looney tunes energy.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
I streamed it last night and I dunno.. there's something that feels weird about Crash's jump.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Every gameplay they've shown is 60 FPS. But looks like PS4 and Xbox One barely reach 60 FPS sometimes (someone said it was unlocked on base consoles?)

I have a PS4 Pro so hopefully I can play it at 60 FPS.

Ah right, is there no PC version? Always assumed we were seeing PC.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
A demo that's only available for digital pre-orders is insanely scummy and I really dislike that Activision has done this.

But I also pre-ordered this digitally a long time before this was decided so I'll try and get some playtime in tomorrow before work, if it's not too big of a download. Just really wish everyone on PS4 and Xbox had the opportunity to play it tomorrow.

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
A demo that's only available for digital pre-orders is insanely scummy and I really dislike that Activision has done this.

But I also pre-ordered this digitally a long time before this was decided so I'll try and get some playtime in tomorrow before work, if it's not too big of a download. Just really wish everyone on PS4 and Xbox had the opportunity to play it tomorrow.

I've pre-ordered the physical version so this really sucks me for me, it feels like they did it digital-only so people can't cancel their pre-orders if they don't like the demo.

Oct 27, 2017

Is this the start-up sequence?
Like, it's cute and charming n' all that, but I gotta admit that I'm a little disappointed that we might not be getting a start up sequence like Crash 2 or 3's :

Like, bruh, this never fails to hype me up even after all these years. I'm about to bust out the PS1 lol

pjl93

Jun 2, 2020
NJ
I loved the original three and I'm cautiously optimistic about this one will it be getting a public demo ?

Nov 13, 2017
I'll throw my hat in the ring if that's OK.

It's very, very good. New physics take some getting used to. Slide jump no longer carries much momentum, so it goes unused for the most part. I found myself doing it out of muscle memory more than anything. Once you get used to the physics, though, it all clicks. Masks make for fun challenges and I'm excited to see more levels. It felt 60fps to me.

Oct 27, 2017
Every gameplay they've shown is 60 FPS. But looks like PS4 and Xbox One barely reach 60 FPS sometimes (someone said it was unlocked on base consoles?)

I have a PS4 Pro so hopefully I can play it at 60 FPS.
Was it ever confirmed to be 60fps? The Remastered Trilogy was 30fps on every console, despite getting Pro/X enhancements.

Welp, guess I'm going to wait until November anyways now. Given I have a base PS4 and would like to play with consistent 60 FPS. Honestly I've sort of held off on playing a decent amount of games in my backlog that were released after 2018, since I am looking forward to playing them with Pro enhancements on the PS5.

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
New Tawna is so ugly. Wtf. I'll love the game but that's a big minus.
Don't wanna watch too much to not get spoiled. Can't wait.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Was it ever confirmed to be 60fps? The Remastered Trilogy was 30fps on every console, despite getting Pro/X enhancements.

I don't think it was ever confirmed but most of the direct feed footage up until this thread was 60fps with PlayStation button prompts. I really hope it isn't unstable, they should give us an option to lock it to 30 just in case.

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
What makes the original design better without saying a single word about the new one. Go.
You tell me to explain what is better without saying something about the new one. Better is a word to describe something in relation to something else. You can't say why it's better without mentioning one of the two compared components. Nice try tho.

The new design doesn't fit her character at all. In all the games she's always been in the damsel in distress role. The character she's been portrayed as until now is just a girl who gets captured and needs to be saved. Her old design fits that. The new one doesn't. Even if she's from another dimension or whatever. It's trying too hard to be different.

The new one also is way too much. The old one is plain and clean. It looks better. The new one screams edgelord.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You tell me to explain what is better without saying something about the new one. Better is a word to describe something in relation to something else. You can't say why it's better without mentioning one of the two compared components. Nice try tho.

The new design doesn't fit her character at all. In all the games she's always been in the damsel in distress role. The character she's been portrayed as until now is just a girl who gets captured and needs to be saved. Her old design fits that. The new one doesn't. Even if she's from another dimension or whatever. It's trying too hard to be different.

The new one also is way too much. The old one is plain and clean. It looks better. The new one screams edgelord.

lol
In the Crash Bandicoot production bible, her intended personality is described in more detail than what was able to be shown in game. She's described as "the perfect balance between beauty and brains", and is said to have attempted to reason with N. Brio, which could possibly be a reason for his heel-face turn in Cortex Strikes Back. She's also described as inspiring revolution amongst Cortex's minions, which could be a reason for Cortex's lack of henchmen in Cortex Strikes Back (except for N. Gin, who wasn't present in Crash Bandicoot).

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
In all the games she's always been in the damsel in distress role. The character she's been portrayed as until now is just a girl who gets captured and needs to be saved. Her old design fits that. The new one doesn't.

good

"damsel in distress" characters suck

burn em all

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thx for proving my point. The old one looks a billion times better. What's this.
Are you serious? Her new look is 100x better.
Nope. It's way worse.
What makes the original design better without saying a single word about the new one. Go.
C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

GoGoDezmo

Nov 8, 2019
This alternate Tawna ISN'T a damsel in distress though (and even then she was only a damsel in one of the four games she was in). She's a hero in her own right, and her looks reflect that. Giving her, as you put it, a damsel design, would not make sense.

I'm pretty okay with her new design. I can why some people say it's overdesigned, but it doesn't bother me personally.