• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Btw, not sure if you guys noticed this but we got at least two builds for the game during PAX.

As you can see, the boost meter had(s) multiple designs.
I personally believe they'll stick to the one resembling the original from CTR for the final buil/release version but I thought it was worth pointing out.
cExv616.jpg

llLL7W7.jpg
Nice eagle eye!

I'm hoping they brighten up the Juiced Wumpa icon. You can barely read that it's glowing in the footage I saw.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Oh nice. Didn't know that.
So what version will be in the final build? The rectangle one?
i'm pretty sure they both are gonna be in, in the original CTR you could press Triangle to change the look of the boost meter. The original CTR only had two options but from the looks of things there are more choices this time around

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
Best Buy will be hosting a demo event for the game (GameStop is also tipped by the Redditor " TifoASRoma " to also be doing the same) in select stores

sol-47354-crash-team-racing-instore-demo-73273.jpg

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
PS4 demos.

In select stores Friday, April 26–Sunday, April 28, 1–5 p.m.
Crash Bandicoot is back in the driver's seat in Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled. Visit a participating Best Buy store to play this game on PS4.
Most demos will be held from 1–5 p.m., but some stores have different start and end times. Review the store lists for asterisks that denote alternate times.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/video-...ts/pcmcat183100050001.c?id=pcmcat183100050001
Thanks for the find, Renako Wells!

Oct 25, 2017
Looks cool. Really want to know if it's 60 fps on the pro or not though. While I usually think there are a lot things more important than framerate, sonic racing transformed vs mario kart on the wiiu taught me that kart racers can suffer if they don't run at 60.

Oct 27, 2017
The new podium animations for the Electron skins are soooo gooood! Coco's animation in particular was especially fun, she's so CUTE.
They're injecting so much life into this game and I'm living for it.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Cortex has been yellow since the WoT. I personally think it looks better on him, especially because makes the character stand out more of other humans like N. Gin and Brio.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Wow, is this if I preorder anywhere?

As a sidenote, I'm having second thoughts about Cortex being so... Simpsons-yellow. Kind of hard to look at. I wonder why they committed to that particular color change.
Been like that for a long time now (this is from Twinsanity).

latest

Also, I've seen some UK retailers with that pre-order bonus, so I assume at least some place will get it outside of PSN/Microsoft Store.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
So, they just basically reconfirmed that the Electron Skins are preorder bonuses for both physical and digital owners

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope all the different skins give you different podium animations.

I also hope they don't start charging for them.

Roo

Oct 25, 2017
For physical, does it only apply for copies sold through the Crash site or is it a wide thing?
I preordered my copy from Amazon like a month or so ago so I just wanted to make sure if I'm good or not 🤔

Meowmixez

ESS ESS DEE
Oct 27, 2017
This game is shaping up to be amazing. I wouldn't mind if they added an original track. Perhaps something really whacky!

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game is shaping up to be amazing. I wouldn't mind if they added an original track. Perhaps something really whacky!
Indeed. They seem to have gone beyond the call of duty for a remake, like RE2. I've never played the Crash games and I'm anticipating it like TLoU.

As for adding more tracks, they might as well make it an even 40 tracks with dlc. People will be playing and perfecting these tracks for months and years.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
After a while I decided to come back to the N. Sane Trilogy on Switch to 100% the three games. I finished a normal and casual playthrough of all of them when I bought and then returned time to time to replay the levels I like. And today I finally concluded Crash 1.. wasn't as tough as the original used to be, but I got a little frustrated towards the end. I'm not going after the Relics tho.. they're not "canon" in Crash 1 and they don't add to my percentage, so I won't bother :p

I'm just too excited to CTR and I can't help. I bought Mario Kart 8 Deluxe because my boyfriend wanted to play with his friend who got the game, but I wasn't planning to get it (or any Wii U ports, for that matter), since I already got tired of spending so much time on the original release.. and with Team Sonic Racing looking so disappointing (to me), CTR is a God's sent! (to get even better Crash could be announced for Smash at this E3, huh?)

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
The Demo event and Air Freshener bonus that were reported earlier are now featured in GameStop's newest weekly flyer

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017

Description:
This is a kart racing game in which players control characters from the Crash Bandicoot universe in races around whimsical tracks. As players collect items (e.g., fruit, crystals, keys), they can use power-ups to speed past or slow down opponents. Cartoony bombs, missiles, and TNT boxes can be used against opponents; racers are sometimes seen flailing around while on fire. One boss character is depicted shooting a machine gun into the air and around Crash's vehicle. In one sequence, a character can be seen picking his nose and eating the booger; in another scene, seagull droppings appear on top of rocks.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Pretty sure it's one of those godawful alien characters from Nitro Kart. I believe one of their personalities was just "disgusting". Was kind of hoping they'd just leave them out, tbh.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
The moon is shaped like fat Velo, like the hologram and his boss battle; I think that doesn't deconfirm his actual playable appearance from Nitro Kart, since it's the small version. I'm excited to see Crunch and N. Trance though.. I'm expecting them to be shown soon!

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Stage looks beautiful.
Fantastic change to what was essentially Crash Cove remixed. It's got a much more unique identity now. I love the atmospheric look at the stage too, makes me wish they would release a PS4 theme like this.
As someone who never played the previous games, it's great to hear that they are working on making Crash Nitro levels distinct from the CTR counterparts they were supposed to mimic. I don't have to worry about playing two snow levels, two temple tracks etc that look the same.

Come to think of it, changing the time of day is one good way of doing this.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Offscreen shot of Tiger Temple.

reddit said:
"In Tiger Temple, driving through grass makes your tires green. The great gate village and villagers can be seen in background. The blue gorillas that throw barrels in Crash 2 makes a cameo infront of the large pyramid. Puras can be seen running on bridges and in background."

Palette swaps for characters. and decals for karts

aWazgGe.jpg

IxmB4Xc.jpg

6dzr8hJ.jpg

1F1A5rV.jpg

NctnlwM.jpg

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
some of those alt colors look very... randomly generated? Would be nice if they tried to reference some other games, characters or costumes.. but wathever is the case, I always end being boring and playaing my characters with default colors in all cases :p

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Yeah, overall the recolors look pretty discordant. Not sure what they're going for with half of them. Would be cool if there was a full on custom recoloring suite, but that might be too much work for the engine. Hopefully there will also be skins in the base game that are more than just recolors as well, besides the Crash/Coco/Cortex bonus ones we know of.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
TwinSanity Crash is just like one of many reinterpretations of the classic design. Tag Team even, with that ridiculous thin waist. .. For a good TwinSanity reference, besides adding Nina playable (which I hope it's the case), they could give Crash an Evil Crash color pallet, if he also doesn't end being playable.

red fur, yellow eyeballs

Status
Not open for further replies.