Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OK, let´s do this. How was what I posted "disgusting"? i´d really like to know.

You´re trying to make me look like a homophobe I guess, right?

Just tell me how you get there, because if you think wanting for someone to come out of the closet is somehow a "disgusting" thing maybe you should check your stance on the matter.

Holy shit dude, this post just proves my point.

Why are you so sure he is gay and MUST come out?

Why does he have to come out if he is actually gay?

Why does coming out make him a better person in your eyes? do you have any idea how personal and traumatic this decision can be? (if he even is gay at all)

I feel disgusting just answering your question.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand why some fans of either don't feel lucky to have both players in one generation. People once tried to play up a Cristiano/Rooney rivalry...it never held. But this one...Messi and Ronaldo has provided so much to lovers of the game. They each appeal to different sensibilities - Messi embodies a kind of child-like innocence or natural talent whereas Ronaldo is the personification of hard work and pursuit of excellence/perfection. Messi is a painter, Ronaldo is a sculptor. They're both GOATs.

Yup. Football is so good these days, lots of awesome players.

Deleted member 2321

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit dude, this post just proves my point.

Why are you so sure he is gay and MUST come out?

Not sure, but I think he is.

Why does he have to come out if he is actually gay?

He does not have to, but it would be really inspiring for other gay soccer players who are afraid to come out. According to
anonymous surveys there are a lot of them.

Why does coming out make him a better person in your eyes? do you have any idea how personal and traumatic this decision can be? (if he even is gay at all)

Because it takes courage. Hiding can also be traumatic, just ask my brother who came out at 26.

I feel disgusting just answering your question.

Nah.

Carpathia

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I like Ronaldo more and value his career a little more too, he has been successful with different teams, in different leagues and also with his national team, also believe Messi had benefited tremendously from playing with Barca, more than Ronaldo does playing with R.Madrid. Said that, I think Messi is a better soccer player, more complete player.

They are two of the best player ever, their rivalry has made each other better.

Ronaldo could be on his way to win 3 consecutive CL, that's a big achievement.

reddonkeyham

Oct 27, 2017
In my head I've always seen it like rocky and Ivan Drago.

Messi has that natural ability, much like Rocky. And Ronaldo is this lab trained, machine punping robot.

I'm just glad to be alive to witness the pair.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
The rape case was settled outside, but there's factual evidence there.

The tax case is still not open, but it will happen sooner or later. He signed all those contracts and they were part of the football leak documents.
If they don't open the case it would say more about Spain itself than Ronaldo, since the evidence is there.
Anything to back this up?

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I thought football fans were civilized
:(
7zOR9CR.png

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Should be noted, if you actually like football (US football and internationals don;t count) and can drop c bombs like no tomorrow, come join us in FootyEra |OT 3| Chelsea United Newcastle Tottenham

All new members are warmly welcome, especially if they don't support Liverpool, like Anime, Coldplay, Coldplay anime and anything else that Markitron doesn't like today.
Today I am mostly hating on Star Trek Into Darkness, Robbie Savage's face and people that don't know how to queue at a deli counter.

I thought football fans were civilized
:(
Don't go into the footyERA thread then. We use the C word as a verb.

Dante&Vergil

Oct 25, 2017
His stats don't lie and he is undoudebly a contender for the greatest of all time. When all is said and done, people will look back and recognize that him and Messi were by far in leagues of their own. Neither truly being greater than the other.

gesicht

Oct 25, 2017
He's an arsehole though and his onfield performances don't make up for that. Messi is much more humble and thus likeable.

Deleted member 2321

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have no problem with my actions.

I'm not the one accusing a man of being gay and in the closet based only on his looks, and then condemning him for not coming out of a closet you provided no evidence of him being a part of.

The idea that Cristiano might be gay is not something that I made up.

Also how does "accusing" someone of being gay work?

And that I´m "condemning" him for not coming out is entirely made up.

Getting a bit tired of you trying make me look homophobe.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Ronaldo and Messi are great players but the era they play in is terrible

The standard of defending is at an all time low so many shit players stealing a living

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland

Mate, just stop, you are not making this any better. A crass joke about his sexuality doesn't make you a homophobe but you can't then get offended when people call you out on it.

Just leave it.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe people were talking about bicycle kicks without mentioning this one
Rivaldo might be a dick but that goal was just stunning in every way

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

FakeEdit: Maybe I´ll gain some respect for Ronaldo once he comes out of the closet after his active career.

You just said "you will gain respect for him once he comes out of the closet" or did you not say that?

You are in one sentence both accusing him of being gay with no reason to do that and then condemning him for not coming out without being sure he is actually gay.

EkStatiC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greece
Cristiano is the better athlete, he can be be great in any sport. Messi on the other had is like maradona, a magician...

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ronaldo is the best goalscorer ever.

Messi is the best pure talent ever.

Let's hope they both meet in this Champions League, or even better, in the world cup!

Deleted member 31133

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
From all my years watching football (I'm 32), I haven't seen better players than C Ronaldo and Messi.

I've seen some incredible players (Ronaldo Luís Nazário, Edgar Davids, Zinedine Zidane, Thierry Henry, Ronaldinho, Ryan Giggs are to name but a few), but none of them have come close to the sheer class of Messi and CR7.

Rather than comparing who is the best out of the two, we should just be thankful that we've all been alive to witness these two greats grace the beautiful game.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
From all my years watching football (I'm 32), I haven't seen better players than C Ronaldo and Messi.

I've seen some incredible players (Ronaldo Luís Nazário, Edgar Davids, Zinedine Zidane, Thierry Henry, Ronaldinho, Ryan Giggs are to name but a few), but none of them have come close to the sheer class of Messi and CR7.

Rather than comparing who is the best out of the two, we should just be thankful that we've all been alive to witness these two greats grace the beautiful game.

The reason ppl can't do that is partly down to the narrative that the media has spun between the two. Just have to look at this thread to see it. It's not just about football, its about rooting for the good guy. Ppl who actually follow football can see that they are both amazing but different players with different skill sets. It was probably the same with Pele and Maradona as well.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017

Well, that Ronaldo was probably the one with the most raw talent that i've ever seen. His career ended way too soon as he was plagued with injuries. But he was well on his way to become the best ever.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017

Ronaldo Nazario Da Lima before injuries was way better than Cristiano. Of course Cristiano had a longer and better career overall because he is terrific athlete. Unfortunately Ronnie real career ended in 1999.

1919288_1228981537130bgpt6.jpg

Ronnie numbers before injuries :

Cruziero 47 matches 44 gol
PSV 57 matches 54 gol 17-19 years old
Barcelona 49 matches 47 gol 19 -20 years old
Inter 47 matches 34 gol 20-21 years old

Serie A was the most difficult league in the world ( and probably all time ) in 1998.

Parma a mid high team ( 6-7 ) had players like Thuram , Cannavaro and Buffon.

Last edited:

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
The reason ppl can't do that is partly down to the narrative that the media has spun between the two. Just have to look at this thread to see it. It's not just about football, its about rooting for the good guy. Ppl who actually follow football can see that they are both amazing but different players with different skill sets. It was probably the same with Pele and Maradona as well.

Pelé and Maradona didn't play in the same era nor the same league tho
and there were no twitter wars or Adidas vs Nike shilling campaigns back then.
But I agree that we are blessed to see these two go at it and the "who's better" question comes down to personal preference.
They are both fucking legends.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
Ronaldo Nazario Da Lima before injuries is way better than Cristiano. Of course Cristiano had a longer and better career overall because he is terrific athlete. Unfortunately Ronnie real career ended in 1999.

1919288_1228981537130bgpt6.jpg

Since he never won the UCL with Barca, Inter or Real he doesn't belong in that conversation IMO
Moreover, he didn't even play in 1994 and Brazil 2002 was arguably the best national team ever playing in the worst World Cup ever.
That Germany team they beat in the final was missing Ballack and starting Carsten Ramelow and Thomas Linke in defence ffs

Oct 31, 2017
Anyone who has played football at any semi competitive level knows that Messi is a better, more complete player than Ronaldo. Ronaldo might be the best goal scorer of all time, but even in that category Messi is right there with him.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Since he never won the UCL with Barca, Inter or Real he doesn't belong in that conversation IMO
Moreover, he didn't even play in 1994 and Brazil 2002 was arguably the best national team ever playing in the worst World Cup ever.
That Germany team they beat in the final was missing Ballack and starting Carsten Ramelow and Thomas Linke in defence ffs

Barca was not in CL when Ronnie was there. Inter in the first year was not in CL in fact they won UEFA against lazio ( which had players like Nedved , Nesta , Veron , Mancini etc ). Inter didn't have a team to compete for the Champions League. Ronnie had the chance with Real Madrid and they lost against Juventus in 2002 / 2003 but as i said earlier he wasn't the same. Cr7 is playing in an insane team with world class player in every position ( Marcelo , Modric , Isco , Varane etc )

You can't come back the same after something like this :

tenor.gif

18 months out. 90% of journalist thought he was done with football back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.