• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Like i said - no dice hit the table to decide if this thing that by all accounts should have happened before in the same circumstance was gonna happen now. I'm not saying it was an ass-pull out of nowhere idea i'm saying just being like "What if i kill myself and just WANT to blow up, is that enough?" and Matt going, yup! was the gift.

we don't have to agree on it my dude.

But you're right that we can assume any other gold floating city robots we see with a similar arcane core can go nova if their core is hit by a half decent guiding bolt LoL
I would not keep these guys in my house to serve tea or whatever! It's like in fallout how everyone has a mini nuke parked in the driveway but doesn't give a fuck
More just being consistent with what he had already established, but yeah let's move on.

As for the Aeor bots being nukes, I kinda love it, the Aeorians must have been just so arrogant. Trying to kill the gods, building actually walking nukes to be their servants.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Question for those more in the know about D&D

At the end of this episode Matt says that the staff was a magical item so it would survive the explosion. I feel like he's said similar things about magical items recently. So why was Tal wrong earlier in the campaign about the mirror shard he hit with his hammer? He thought if it was a magical item it wouldn't shatter from a hammer hit and Matt said he was wrong and the glass broke. What's the difference?

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Loving the split team thing. The debates prior, well, went where they always did and bound to repeat a couple times over more. May have missed it, but that convo with Imogen and Laudna still has the latter lying/hiding what happened with Edmuda, correct?

And knowing what's ahead, I agree with taking on the new options that are likely open.

At the end of this episode Matt says that the staff was a magical item so it would survive the explosion. I feel like he's said similar things about magical items recently. So why was Tal wrong earlier in the campaign about the mirror shard he hit with his hammer? He thought if it was a magical item it wouldn't shatter from a hammer hit and Matt said he was wrong and the glass broke. What's the difference?
Some magical items, such as the Mirror of Life Trapping, can be broken more easily through mundane means or specific damage types. RAW most magical items other than artifacts or with the Unbreakable trait are just resistant versions of the regular item, but most DMs including seemingly Matt just have them only be vulnerable to extreme circumstances. Lava is usually the go-to risk/method.

For the Weave Lens, it was probably a combo of Matt being familiar with certain magical glass item fragility, and him down with the party/a player taking away a valuable tool/material.

DMs would be well supported in determining an Aeormaton energy core detonation is a sufficient extreme method to destroy magical items like the Staff of Dark Odyssey, but it's one of those things that may run counter to the spirit of passing on belongings reasonably and it's necessity to where it's given a pass.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017

Also to add on to what ArkkAngel007 said some magic items actually have a break mechanic built in like a Staff of Power, where it can be broken for massive amounts of damage depending on how many charges it has left. Matt was probably weighing up if he wanted to make that staff similar I guess. Though with 4 charges it'd do 32 damage to probably everyone and 64 to FCG and Othohan if he went 1 to 1 with that. I think generally it's something that a player needs to activate instead of just "the big boom set it off too so fuck you all I guess" (a fully charged Staff of Power can hit you and everyone around you for up to 320 damage if destroyed), but up to the DM ultimately.

I think this almost happened either in Calamity or toward the end of C2.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
I just don't think the lens was THAT magical. Like to the degree that it would count as a magical item and therefore invulnerable to most damage. Felt more like.... if you cast invisibility on a jacket you can still burn that magic even tho a magic is effecting it, ya know? Not exactly the same thing here but it wasn't some pearl of power level thing that Ashton just destroyed cause he's so strong.

Taliesin was being a teensy bit meta when he hit it, as well. It did a magical thing so his player brain said "ok it's magical and invulnerable" and he acted without any real thought about it to prove a point more as a player at the table than as his character, which i think Matt is probably all too happy to punish. On top of the fact that he probably knew it was VITAL to their progress.

was hilarious too, so ... worth it!

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
A party member is dead on what was supposed to be a scouting mission. I guess that Otohan bill was going to come due at some point though.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Keyleth or now Fearne? Can cast Reincarnation...sooo idk if that I feel alive speech and people trying to convince him he has a soul, might be possible to bring him back as a real boy hahaha

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think they'll land on letting go for now, though they may look into it should D ever get involved. Whether they attempt or not with any method, Sam is near-certainly sticking with the consequence.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I just caught up with last week's episode. Wasn't expecting that turn, but as always Sam stays the king of surprises. Going to be a heavy episode I expect.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I hope that they let FCG go, that Sam comes back with a different character before they get a chance to undo his sacrifice. But Matt is definitely giving them a thread to explore that direction.

Edit: Well this just got interesting. I think we're going to catch up on the other "half" of Bell's Hells.

Last edited:

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming everyone's guess is correct, I'm not sure I really needed to know what's going on with the other people for potentially a several-week run. I think I'm ready for this campaign to end, but Matt has been dragging it out for a while now.

But hey, maybe I'll be surprised and this will be really fun.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Assuming everyone's guess is correct, I'm not sure I really needed to know what's going on with the other people for potentially a several-week run. I think I'm ready for this campaign to end, but Matt has been dragging it out for a while now.
Yeah if this is a multi-week EXU side-quest, that is... almost as much of a momentum killer as the big party split earlier. Like this campaign has been notorious for building up to very high highs and then just tanking the pacing for meandering filler. But we'll see what happens. Maybe we're jumping to conclusions here.

Edit: I just realized I never even watched Kymal. Oops.
Uhhh... well I was really hyped for this episode after the last one but I guess I'll go play Unicorn Overlord instead.
Christ.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I was really hoping this was going to be the return of Dorian, Prism, FRIDA, Deana and Deni$e.

Fuck.

Edit: Wow, does the timing of this flip fucking suck. I hope it's really short lived.

Edit 2: Ohhhhh... we might see a cleansing.

Edit 3: How long was Morrigan's turn? Felt like it was 20 something minutes.

Edit 4: Over an hour and still not through the first round.

Last edited:

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah if this is a multi-week EXU side-quest, that is... almost as much of a momentum killer as the big party split earlier. Like this campaign has been notorious for building up to very high highs and then just tanking the pacing for meandering filler. But we'll see what happens. Maybe we're jumping to conclusions here.

Edit: I just realized I never even watched Kymal. Oops.
Uhhh... well I was really hyped for this episode after the last one but I guess I'll go play Unicorn Overlord instead.
Christ.

The split is when I gave it a break for a couples months...I'll give this episode a watch and decide if I have to do it again.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I was really hoping this was going to be the return of Dorian, Prism, FRIDA, Deana and Deni$e.

Fuck.

Edit: Wow, does the timing of this flip fucking suck. I hope it's really short lived.

Edit 2: Ohhhhh... we might see a cleansing.

Edit 3: How long was Morrigan's turn? Felt like it was 20 something minutes.

Edit 4: Over an hour and still not through the first round.
Yeah, I wished it was Dorian hooking up with the Prism, FRIDA, Deana, Deni$e group, but I think Matt wanted to play instead of DM'ing.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Would have been interesting if they allowed an episode or two of grieving and reflection, maybe come to the conclusion that FCG can't be revived. And then have the other group switch, hell have Sam play his new character in the other group who then meets up with the main after awhile.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Well that was awful. So another week of Candela, which I don't care about. Then who knows how many episodes with this group, that I don't really care about. Right after one of the most devastating episodes in the show's history.

If that's not what season 3 is all about, I don't know what is.

Last edited:

birdinsky

Jun 10, 2019
They literally had it in the ending credits that BH is back next episode (93, today was 92) lol

Like, obvs feel free to dislike the mini EXU detour, but we literally know how long it will be 🤷‍♀️

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Still gotta watch the previous episode, but jumped in live tonight since bed wasn't an option.

Seems like an awful point from what I hear to shift narratives, but I'll wait to see how it plays out and picks back up before settling on any opinion. It was all likely prearranged well ahead, so it's understandably hard to pivot when schedules often don't work out well to get folks to the table even as single guests at times.

I've missed all of these people, even if it sounds like one or two are destined to get their characters landed in NPC land or the grave next time. Players did a good job trying to keep to character despite that whole encounter having multiple layers of "take the L" all over it.

And while for CR Aabria has been stronger as a player, they need to arrange for her to run Ten Candles or maybe Candela. She clearly lives for the spooky unraveling style both in themes and as a GM.

They literally had it in the ending credits that BH is back next episode (93, today was 92) lol

Like, obvs feel free to dislike the mini EXU detour, but we literally know how long it will be 🤷‍♀️
I think most tune out immediately after the session is stopped, so it's no surprise it wasn't noticed.

But that could just be another short check in at the end of that episode for all anyone knows, as I don't see them leaving Crown Keeper paused mid-struggle to have it be less than two hours spent with them.

birdinsky

Jun 10, 2019
I think most tune out immediately after the session is stopped, so it's no surprise it wasn't noticed.

But that could just be another short check in at the end of that episode for all anyone knows, as I don't see them leaving Crown Keeper paused mid-struggle to have it be less than two hours spent with them.

I mean, sure, but the post-game banter was pretty short and the ending credits with that info was genuinely 2 seconds after "is it Thursday yet" lmao You're absolutely right that we don't know what BH is back next episode means in terms of timing -- I could see it being a flip of tonight with first half CK, second half BH + CK, or it could be BH show up at the very end as a lead in to e94. I did think it was kind of funny that they had it there, all preemptively defensive. "Calm down, they'll be back!"

Anyway, as you mentioned, this was likely in the works long before Sam did what he did, and I'm very curious as to how Matt envisioned this unfolding in the lead-up here.

This flash sideways addresses a lot of interesting plot questions/hooks like Opal and Lolth, Melora, also the fucking Luxon???, Morri being champion of the Raven Queen (which might bring her more into play when BH have not been taking her calls) and Opal possibly becoming an NPC and being more of a factor in the upcoming story (since it seems like Matt has something in mind with the betrayers with the Bane champion showing up recently as well). It also sets up Dorian to join the main table again pretty neatly. It makes a lot of sense on paper, such that if not for Sam pulling the completely unexpected last week, it seems like it could have been received better.

I also think that, pacing-wise, if what we're getting is in the end roughly 1 to 1.5 episodes worth of the Crownkeepers, it may have made more sense emotionally to have this episode be BH working through the aftermath of the moon mission, with Dorian showing up at the very end, bloodied and distraught, and then cutting to what became the second half of this episode as a flashback at the beginning of e93, even if Orym sending to Dorian and then having Matt smash cut to Aabria showing up was very hype as a cut to break, to the extent it almost feels like that was why they did it.

That said, I certainly don't begrudge anyone finding the switch jarring or just plain not working for them. I personally came out of it not minding the change and enjoyed a lot of the second half, but I do see where the frustration comes from and in certain aspects agree -- I just think it's funny when people complain about not knowing publicly available information ;)

Last edited:

thillygooth

Jan 5, 2023
I loved how instantly Travis shut down Marisha when she talked about finding a way to undo it.

You've got to let sacrifices be sacrifices if they're going to mean anything.

Yep. Don't want him coming back because the thought of death being a big deal was cheapened so early not just because
Laudna dies in her back story, but then she dies gameplay-wise.
That said, FCG was my favorite character this campaign (really don't like this group).

As for other characters I just want Prism back :(

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Would have liked BH's to get actually safe before the switch, we only got a little of them coming to terms with everything and it was great, especially so to see Orym finally just tell them to shut the fuck up basically. He has got close to it a few times, but with the actual weapon that killed his father and husband (and also a few of them) just a perfect point to really hammer it home that there is no out for him. Think if we switch back after this and have just a travel episode as BHs get back to the base it'd just kill the momentum again. So mid travel is just an awkward spot either way, even if it made sense to use that sending as the jump to point.

As for the switch so far seems like it's speeding through what they have been up to over how ever long it's been, so I doubt this will be some big long thing, once the combat is over it will probably speed up to Dorrian rejoining BH I guess (assuming they don't all get killed anyway). I definitely don't care for a long stretch with the Crown Keepers getting to BH's. Don't mind a combat encounter with the Spider Queen's Champion, seems completely unwinnable so will probably end pretty quick when she starts doing shit. Betrayer Gods aren't going to fuck around and encourage you to save them, they are going to force you and I like that we will see their side on how they will deal with this.

Last edited:

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I thought it over this morning a bit more, and someone on Reddit also mentioned it. Maybe Matt, Sam and Liam are using this time to work on Sam's new character. Trying to figure out how to integrate a new character in the campaign with just shy of 100 episodes already finished.

In terms of timing I think I would have been OK if they had simply announced that an episode, or two, of EXU was going to be shown to fill in some gaps. Rather than disrupting the main campaign less than halfway through an episode.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
It was enough for me to completely turn the show off lol

I get it that Matt's cheeky little smile was probably a "We got a special surprise and you're all gonna love it!" kind of vibe but for me, you could not have sucked the energy or excitement from the last episode outta the room any harder than that. Not a huge fan of EXU, i love Aabria way more as a player and this circles back to the same issues i have with some of the A plot in that i just don't give a fuck about these people right now. So much is going on in the actual mainline game with characters I care about FINALLY and they pull away to go do this instead. I know it was probably scheduled months ago or whatever to get Dorian back in here because Orym is in love? or something, but godamn.

I'll jump in next week and see what's up, probably circle back to this 2nd half EXU adventure a couple weeks from now when i'm not so prickly about the whole thing lol

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I thought it over this morning a bit more, and someone on Reddit also mentioned it. Maybe Matt, Sam and Liam are using this time to work on Sam's new character. Trying to figure out how to integrate a new character in the campaign with just shy of 100 episodes already finished.

In terms of timing I think I would have been OK if they had simply announced that an episode, or two, of EXU was going to be shown to fill in some gaps. Rather than disrupting the main campaign less than halfway through an episode.
It was probably something that was already booked awhile ago, instead of them being reactive to FCG dying, so more just unfortunate (or fortunate in Sam's case if he wants to jump right back in with a new character. I get the feeling he wont be back for awhile regardless though) timing than anything. I think they probably should have just had Dorrian show up (I assume that is where this will end) and then they could announce the one shot that had already been recorded by the time Robbie and BHs have their meet up.

I think the show would benefit a lot more if they stopped keeping up the "it's live" act. In the past they obviously wouldn't be able to do something like that as they wouldn't know what happens in the one shot, but nowadays they can as they are probably like a month ahead.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
It was probably something that was already booked awhile ago, instead of them being reactive to FCG dying, so more just unfortunate (or fortunate in Sam's case if he wants to jump right back in with a new character. I get the feeling he wont be back for awhile regardless though) timing than anything. I think they probably should have just had Dorrian show up (I assume that is where this will end) and then they could announce the one shot that had already been recorded by the time Robbie and BHs have their meet up.

I think the show would benefit a lot more if they stopped keeping up the "it's live" act. In the past they obviously wouldn't be able to do something like that as they wouldn't know what happens in the one shot, but nowadays they can as they are probably like a month ahead.

It's a cool idea, but I don't think they'll try this again. They'll keep the one shots and separate series on their own.

I think it would have been cool to see the Bell's Hells episode continue and then end with Dorian showing up, and then segueing into "where has Dorian been?" episode the next week.

birdinsky

Jun 10, 2019

It's definitely not a month these days, more like 1.5~2 weeks, as far as is gleanable based on context clues (like them referencing Anjali's DMing for the Lego game, which was live April 6th).

Regardless, with this particular CK interlude the "plot" (Opal splits from the party, Dorian gets from there to joining BH) is probably a foregone conclusion, they're more playing for the journey, so they could have just flashbacked as you say, but they simply chose not to.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
It's definitely not a month these days, more like 1.5~2 weeks, as far as is gleanable based on context clues (like them referencing Anjali's DMing for the Lego game, which was live April 6th).

Regardless, with this particular CK interlude the "plot" (Opal splits from the party, Dorian gets from there to joining BH) is probably a foregone conclusion, they're more playing for the journey, so they could have just flashbacked as you say, but they simply chose not to.
Nothing would change on their end. They'd have played the game and they would just use the footage of the reunion (assuming it ends there of course) at the end of the episode, could even do the whole post credits thing Aabria did in EXU Prime that was pretty cool and unique to it. Just jumping out of BH's mid some good shit just makes it harder to care about CK stuff (which I liked for the most part, hell seeing how a Betrayer is dealing with the whole Ludinus stopping the moon is great stuff on it's own).

I don't even want to think about how they just set up their next arc likely being them going to Aeor to try and ambush Ludinus (I want more Aeor so bad) as its probably at least a month off now with Candela, part 2 of CK, the journey to the base camp, the reunion and them telling Keyleth and co what they learned 🙁.

birdinsky

Jun 10, 2019
Yeah, Lolth being in basically almost panic, like "I don't have TIME for this" mode while Wildmom is like, Lolth's a betrayer god but hey, she's a god, she can do what she wants with her champions? Was a lot. Chef's kiss.

Anyway, like I said, I'm fine with (and to some extent agree with) people thinking the switch didn't land, I'm not like trying to defend CR's honor or whatever. I just personally mostly didn't mind the parts that missed and did appreciate the swing they took, so just adding my two cents.

That said, Candela week at this timing is brutal, ngl.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, Lolth being in basically almost panic, like "I don't have TIME for this" mode while Wildmom is like, Lolth's a betrayer god but hey, she's a god, she can do what she wants with her champions? Was a lot. Chef's kiss.

Anyway, like I said, I'm fine with (and to some extent agree with) people thinking the switch didn't land, I'm not like trying to defend CR's honor or whatever. I just personally mostly didn't mind the parts that missed and did appreciate the swing they took, so just adding my two cents.

That said, Candela week at this timing is brutal, ngl.
Don't get me wrong I'm also fine with it, just wish it was a little later more than anything really, at least until BH go to sleep. I will say them doing it like this does leave the possibility that Dorian could die, unlike my scenario and there will be no reunion, just Orym getting hit with that realisation when he is pretty much at his lowest and Dorian doesn't respond. While also giving us a small look at how the Betrayers are dealing with it.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
It was definitely unfortunate timing, as I'm sure this had been planned far in advance, and Sam, as he does, threw a wrench into Matt's narrative. But it made for a really jarring tone switch, as the characters and audience are grieving FCG while wondering what they're doing next, and then suddenly here's Aabria coming in hot with an EXU story. I think asking that of the audience was a big ask to begin with, especially as Aabria's DM style is so different than Matt's and the characters are people they haven't engaged with in months or ever, but with the events of last week it was just really not the right timing. At least for me. I found myself really struggling to stay interested, and I'm someone who watched all of EXU.

I just hope this wraps up next episode and is not a multi-week story.

Last edited:

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
The fact that this was probably planned weeks ago is PART of the problem imo. I've talked before about how C3 being more of a "production" has led to it feeling a bit more fake/scripted/forced to me. This isn't the worst example of it but it is part of the larger issue. The aftermath of a character death and the cast figuring out what to do going into such a tumultuous part of the story is the exact kind of thing that CR thrived in. This should have been a slam dunk episode. But that has to take a back seat because we've got to do this EXU thing they already planned. This is absolutely one of those moments where you can feel them trying to make this more of a scripted show than a D&D game. And CR has always had it's hands in both of those pies but it's really getting disruptive for me.

And I will also admit that I probably wouldn't be so disappointed if the pacing and story had been better up until now. But after what feels like 50 episodes of the same meandering shit we finally got to the good stuff again and I can't believe they found a way to suck the wind out of the sails AGAIN.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
The fact that this was probably planned weeks ago is PART of the problem imo. I've talked before about how C3 being more of a "production" has led to it feeling a bit more fake/scripted/forced to me. This isn't the worst example of it but it is part of the larger issue. The aftermath of a character death and the cast figuring out what to do going into such a tumultuous part of the story is the exact kind of thing that CR thrived in. This should have been a slam dunk episode. But that has to take a back seat because we've got to do this EXU thing they already planned. This is absolutely one of those moments where you can feel them trying to make this more of a scripted show than a D&D game. And CR has always had it's hands in both of those pies but it's really getting disruptive for me.

And I will also admit that I probably wouldn't be so disappointed if the pacing and story had been better up until now. But after what feels like 50 episodes of the same meandering shit we finally got to the good stuff again and I can't believe they found a way to suck the wind out of the sails AGAIN.
I don't think it's really a problem that they plan these in advance. They just don't seem to actually plan when it would be best to release it, like they don't need to cut to the CK stuff now, it's not a live show anymore, they have already recorded it and probably the next BH episode. So they could have BHs hit a natural rest point and then released the EXU One shot either as 1 episode or 2 and then we pick back up with BH after they've had a quick rest and recovery ready for whatever they go off to next. Instead we have a EXU major boss fight, that started in the middle of a really great point in C3 that will be split over 3 weeks because of Candela being next week. It just kinda harms both, people who wanted the BH raw reactions to the loss of FCG won't get that now and people who want to see what CK have been up to and what could possibly be the end of them too is now just kinda jammed into the middle of something bigger and is basically just the foot notes + big boss fight given BH are back next episode apparently.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I don't think it's really a problem that they plan these in advance. They just don't seem to actually plan when it would be best to release it, like they don't need to cut to the CK stuff now, it's not a live show anymore, they have already recorded it and probably the next BH episode. So they could have BHs hit a natural rest point and then released the EXU One shot either as 1 episode or 2 and then we pick back up with BH after they've had a quick rest and recovery ready for whatever they go off to next. Instead we have a EXU major boss fight, that started in the middle of a really great point in C3 that will be split over 3 weeks because of Candela being next week. It just kinda harms both, people who wanted the BH raw reactions to the loss of FCG won't get that now and people who want to see what CK have been up to and what could possibly be the end of them too is now just kinda jammed into the middle of something bigger and is basically just the foot notes + big boss fight given BH are back next episode apparently.
I've been banging this drum for a while now and I'll continue to do so.

CR would benefit massively by embracing the pre-recorded nature of their gaming now. Whether that's through small amounts of editing or now through more intelligently planning tangents like the one that people are currently talking about. They don't need to treat their footage like it needs to remain 1:1 to the live show experience. It's not live and they're simply refusing to embrace the benefits of recording in advance.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I think it's a bit of both though. They talked in the past about hiw during previous campaigns they've had guests lined up that they never got on the show because whenever they were avaliable it didn't work with where the story was at. So this is actually something that was BETTER when the game was live.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I think it's a bit of both though. They talked in the past about hiw during previous campaigns they've had guests lined up that they never got on the show because whenever they were avaliable it didn't work with where the story was at. So this is actually something that was BETTER when the game was live.
Not sure how having guests lined up and then just because plans changed they aren't needed now is better (which isn't even really the case here, more them just slamming an EXU one shot into the middle of BH, which is just not necessary). Just seems like a big waste of time for everyone involved.

Think the most famous case is Matt Colville, he had a character and everything but because the M9 just said "nah we're not doing that" with the whole war and corruption in the empire hook Matt set up, he pretty much just wasted his time and never got the chance to go on the show at all.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Not sure how having guests lined up and then just because plans changed they aren't needed now is better (which isn't even really the case here, more them just slamming an EXU one shot into the middle of BH, which is just not necessary). Just seems like a big waste of time for everyone involved.

Think the most famous case is Matt Colville, he had a character and everything but because the M9 just said "nah we're not doing that" with the whole war and corruption in the empire hook Matt set up, he pretty much just wasted his time and never got the chance to go on the show at all.
Because the main cast and story should be more important than forcing the guest storyline. Like if the guest makes sense then I'm all for it but if it doesn't then hold off.

But I'm not saying it's great that guests didn't get to go fwiw. I bring that up to say it's not because of them pretending to be live that they did this.