Status
Not open for further replies.

notadino

Oct 27, 2017
What is the most confortable way to store BTC on linux that doesn't involve occupying 150+ GB of storage?

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
ARK continues to be moving nowhere. I'm shocked.

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
I feel bad for you long term Ark holders it has dropped from 0.0011 BTC to 0.0003 BTC in 2 months, ouch. Should do great in 2018 though once BTC stops being a jerk and crushing the entire Alt market :-)

Oct 27, 2017
Still up 10% in USD, so it's not a total loss, is it? Just less of a gain than if they'd gone into BTC, of course.
Even at its current price Ark is still below two of my purchase points, and to be honest even if it wasn't, the fact that you could have had it in any number of coins and made (possibly significantly) more gains does make it a pretty sizeable loss in practical terms.

I want to believe and am still holding on, but the manipulation that has been going on with this coin is just ridiculous and I'm starting to lose faith that we'll break out of this holding pattern Ark has been in for months now in the near future (definitely can't see it happening this year).

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
2018 will be big for ARK I'm sure and if you have been holding this long you might as well carry on but yeah does it does suck when you go through periods like that. I try to never hold alts long term unless they are really special and I can see at least a 1000% gain on them. Anything else it is a week or two tops if they have good news coming up.

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ark will move...eventually!

You can't forget this is the coin of holders. People tend to sell it way less than others.

I don't mind holding alts long term. Yankee is right that money there is money not won on btc but my coins are all longshot betting (maybe also falling under betting longshot bias) and I can't time the market for a possible btc big correction (which is something I'm very afraid) or riding other alts waves. It's shitty to know how much we lose in value by sticking with them, but I'm trying to think ahead and be positive. Hopefully things work out.

dionysus_jr

Oct 31, 2017
Got some money but every coin I want looks expensive other than ARK and I have enough of that. Not going to let FOMO make me buy after the last month has already elevated prices so much. Will sit in cash.

Edit. Actually OMG looks ok, but I need to research it.

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
I mean, the only sane reason why someone would keep the value down is because they want to profit from an eventual mooning but haven't accumulated enough yet, so it sounds like the mooning is inevitable and planned by someone with enough money to do so.
Whenever that hits, it's gonna be crazy.

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Got some money but every coin I want looks expensive other than ARK and I have enough of that. Not going to let FOMO make me buy after the last month has already elevated prices so much. Will sit in cash.

Edit. Actually OMG looks ok, but I need to research it.

Don't ever really pay that much attention to the individual price of a coin as it depends on Mcap/supply. For example NEO and NEM both have 2.2 Billion Mcap but Neo is $35 each and Nem is $0.25 due to NEM having a much higher supply.

dionysus_jr

Oct 31, 2017
Don't ever really pay that much attention to the individual price of a coin as it depends on Mcap/supply. For example NEO and NEM both have 2.2 Billion Mcap but Neo is $35 each and Nem is $0.25 due to NEM having a much higher supply.

By expensive i meant very large percentage gains vs. USD over the last 1-3 months without a significant correction. I was mostly looking at Monero and IOTA.

Phylyps

Oct 29, 2017
Amsterdam
I mean, the only sane reason why someone would keep the value down is because they want to profit from an eventual mooning but haven't accumulated enough yet, so it sounds like the mooning is inevitable and planned by someone with enough money to do so.
Whenever that hits, it's gonna be crazy.

Yep. A big pump and dump most likely.

Tk0n

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
ive got a little update on our first days of forging with our ark delegate "thefoundry". i made a fancy website and my delegate partner yokoama wrote a bit about what is happening.
http://thefoundry.world-domination.org/blog/index.php/2017/12/01/day-3-4-new-ark-holders-recruited/ give is a read if you have a few minutes time.
i didnt go in depth it in the last post, but what makes our proposal differrent than other delegates, is that were trying to get new people into the ark community by paying a one time bonus of 5 ark to new ark buyers. 2% of our daily forged ark are reserved for that purpose.

whats really cool about the ark community is, the warm welcome we had from the other delegates, helping us out where they can, even if we are competing for votes with them.

x3sphere

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly would stay out of all major Alts, as while they are going up in $ value they are bleeding BTC value you are way better off just holding BTC. ETH has hit a new ATH yet despite that it has gone from 0.08BTC in August to 0.04BTC now so halved in value vs if you would have just kept your money in BTC. I fully expect BTC to hit $15k so nearly a 50% increase however ETH would have to hit over $750 in the same time frame for it not to have lost any value and I don't see that happening.

We'll see. I think it's more likely for ETH to start gaining over BTC, considering the ratio has been depressed for months. Who knows though. I just wouldn't count on it going down much further (a retest of the bottom 0.037 seems possible to me, though).

When the ETH/BTC ratio was very high earlier this over 0.1 I was selling some of my ETH for BTC, but now I feel like the smart play is putting BTC into ETH, which I've been doing in this 0.04x range.

GeNoMe

Oct 26, 2017
Another big chunk of fiat cleared into coinbase for me today of course. I look at the market and of course everythings way up again. That clears 24 hours earlier and I have a chance at buying dips. But not this time. Im just going to sit on this for 2 weeks until there's another 3 red days in a row and grab some stuff at discount. It was really stupid of me to set my auto drafts to coinbase to happen at the end of the month... Ill bet thats when lole 70% of people set theirs too. Market is always fucking green on the day my money clears, but bloody red the days prior.

They are one of my biggest bets over the next 12 months. But Im not buying now because they hit a recent 4x spike out of fucking nowhere as randomly Youtubers started covering the project and discovering how amazing it was. It got a bunch of attention and just jumped 400% before I could get my fiat in. Im waiting on a correction to at least 8 cents before I jump on it. But I am seriously bitter that I skipped over it when it was .027 cent because I was sure I could come back to it before anyone started to notice it.

Fucking infuriating.

Have been watching that since it hit Bittrex but unfortunately didn't buy any. People who are very technical I know are very into it and own a lot as they do see it as very good tech.

I think we'll see a lot of growth for new blockchains that solve some of the issues the old dogs have.

ICON and Wanchain for interoperability and an upcoming one I'm very excited about is Zilliqa.

It will have sharding years before Ethereum does and has major partnerships lined up with companies like Mindshare. It will launch with a 20-22 million cap, which seems very cheap considering the potential.

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/how-the-zilliqa-blockchain-could-change-enterprise-cm884934

Yeah a lot of people who are into the science behind the blockchain are really into ADA. I got in as soon as it was available on Binance, got a fair bunch and I plan to hold the shit out of it. Hope my hands don't get weak during the inevitable correction. Thanks for your insights you guys!

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The lack of response from the ARK dev's to the blatant manipulation of the price is what bothers me. You would think someone artificially hampering the value of the coin would bother them more. And they would take steps to get it on more exchanges to help mitigate the issue. But who knows. The coin still has amazing technology so it's hard to imagine it won't explode at some point.

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
The lack of response from the ARK dev's to the blatant manipulation of the price is what bothers me. You would think someone artificially hampering the value of the coin would bother them more. And they would take steps to get it on more exchanges to help mitigate the issue. But who knows. The coin still has amazing technology so it's hard to imagine it won't explode at some point.
A coin is worth as much as people are willing to pay for it, so how can they realistically respond to this?

Oct 27, 2017
A coin is worth as much as people are willing to pay for it, so how can they realistically respond to this?
As mentioned more exchanges would certainly be a start. Was very disappointing to have it launch on Binance and find the price didn't move at all (bar I think a short lived adjustment at the time).

Even just an acknowledgement of the issue would be appreciated, and would give some hope that they're at least thinking about possible avenues to mitigate the manipulation.

Drifters_

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have you joined their slack channel? They talk about it and acknowledge the whales; they're not turning a blind eye but also know eventually, the whales won't be able to control the price.

Crazed

Oct 25, 2017
Out of the loop for a week and just got back. Saw the highs of BTC and now I see all my BTC values for all my alts is way down (of course the overall USD amount they are worth is the same/higher). Any other big news I miss in the last week, I saw someone mention two more forks for BTC?

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Not to rub it in but Ella has now gone to over 9000 SAT from 2500 last week, so continuing to prove that low marketcap "shitcoins" are the better investments to make money in crypto

Robiin

Oct 26, 2017
this game is dangerous. i've invested/gambled/spent more than 250€ in 5 days. I think I have an addictive personality... For now, I will just sit on everything and not look at the exchanges for a few weeks. Hopefully everything will keep going up long term!

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017

All crypto assets, big and small, have manipulated trading prices. Demand always has to overpower the whales for the price of any of these things to break out. It doesn't always happen when you logically expect it to. The devs should be focused on development, not traders' tactics.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Wallet recommendations? Finally bought in (in small amounts until I know a bit more of what I'm doing) but see conflicting information (shocker) on whether to use a personal wallet or leave them in something like Coinbase. Hit me with more of that sweet sweet conflicting information please.

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Wallet recommendations? Finally bought in (in small amounts until I know a bit more of what I'm doing) but see conflicting information (shocker) on whether to use a personal wallet or leave them in something like Coinbase. Hit me with more of that sweet sweet conflicting information please.

You should never leave anything on an exchange, however if it's under $2000 usd I usually do as it's not worth the hassle to move it in my opinion.

Flo_Evans

Oct 25, 2017
Bitcoin has been... kinda stable today? Only a 3% swing by my calculations. I was hoping for more volatility to try some trades and grow my stash. I exited at 10980 and haven't seen a good opportunity to buy back in. Never dipped below 10k.

vehn

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bitcoin has been... kinda stable today? Only a 3% swing by my calculations. I was hoping for more volatility to try some trades and grow my stash. I exited at 10980 and haven't seen a good opportunity to buy back in. Never dipped below 10k.

It didn't crash today because tethers were issued

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Its because I tried to day trade with a portion of my stack today :). I should learn by now haha.

Yea, I've completely stopped day trading. Even when ARK goes on a run and I know there will be a major slide back, it's just not worth dealing with moving it out of the wallet, selling it, hoping BTC doesn't slide and that ARK goes back down to a buy back point.

goldenageoftelevision

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
check out IOTA they recently partnered with Microsoft, Cisco, Samsung, Volkswagen,Detchue Bank, and AG. Tangle fixes blockchain scalability along with zero fee transactions.

Flo_Evans

Oct 25, 2017
No they issue tether out of thin air, then they buy btc to keep it from crashing. Look up some articles!

Even if that's not true the company seems shady as hell why would anyone use that exchange/coin? Are they really big enough to manipulate the market like that?

Edit: oh I see they are the largest exchange...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.