Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Ark approaching $4. Is this its first time?
*Insert Ron Paul "IT'S HAPPENING!!!" GIF here*

...no but seriously, it probably isn't actually happening and I expect by the time I wake up tomorrow morning it'll be back in its normal range (although obviously I'd love to be proven wrong, I'd be happy with it even establishing a higher floor because I just CAN'T justify making it more of my portfolio as is).

Edit -To actually answer your question - no, it has broken $4 during its previous run up.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ark/

Deleted member 1659

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I might be one of the few people involved in cryptocurrency that ISN'T in Bitcoin now (never have been, never will except to make certain trades) but is this reddit post accurate?

It just hit me, if I hold $100k in btc and want to use it as cash then I would lose 30-50% of it. In every day life my transactions vary between $5-$50. If for such transactions I have to pay $5-$20 transaction fee every time it means I'd be paying in total 30-40% in transaction fees in the end when I spend my $100k. So segwitcoin is really inconvenient as a currency and anyone holding it cannot really engage in minitransaction but must sell it all at once or none. People are literally stuck with btc, and if they decide to sell it all it will be a unidirectional flow from the poorest to the richest (who can afford to buy large chunks at once) and the entire btc will slowly be in the hands of fewer and fewer people. The entire hodl thing could have well been pr ploy to cover this up. It's not that people are holding, they simply have no choice.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
So Ethereum has a new DAPP: https://www.cryptokitties.co

This is the first instance I am aware of of cryptocollectibles. People are spending significant ETH on this to lockup rare crypto kitties. This is both absurd and serves to show the power of having strictly controlled issuance of a resource in gaming. Imagine Pokemon on Ethereum in the future where there is only 1 of particular Pokemon for the whole world governed by smart contract. Insane? Quite possibly, but also extremely powerful. These applications that could only exist on a blockchain will help drive adoption of things like Ethereum. I can't wait to see what's in store for this space in the coming years. There will be lots of failures, but also outrageous successes.

And the best part: they didn't need an ICO to get this off the ground. Let that be a lesson to everyone making dapps.

Last edited:

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
So Ethereum has a new DAPP: https://www.cryptokitties.co

This is the first instance I am aware of of cryptocollectibles. People are spending significant ETH on this to lockup rare crypto kitties. This is both absurd and serves to show the power of having strictly controlled issuance of a resource in gaming. Imagine Pokemon on Ethereum in the future where there is only 1 of particular Pokemon for the whole world governed by smart contract. Insane? Quite possibly, but also extremely powerful. These applications that could only exist on a blockchain will help drive adoption of things like Ethereum. I can't wait to see what's in store for this space in the coming years. There will be lots of failures, but also outrageous successes.

And the best part: they didn't need an ICO to get this off the ground. Let that be a lesson to everyone making dapps.

Interesting development indeed. I feel as though we could be on the verge of a new tomagatchi-like craze with this. Imagine an augmented reality game with this tech added on...

Domino Theory

Ripple Effect Studios
Verified
Nov 6, 2017
*Insert Ron Paul "IT'S HAPPENING!!!" GIF here*

...no but seriously, it probably isn't actually happening and I expect by the time I wake up tomorrow morning it'll be back in its normal range (although obviously I'd love to be proven wrong, I'd be happy with it even establishing a higher floor because I just CAN'T justify making it more of my portfolio as is).

Edit -To actually answer your question - no, it has broken $4 during its previous run up.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ark/
Yep it seems locked up tickling $4, glad it's not its ATH.

TheDoldrums

Nov 10, 2017
I might be one of the few people involved in cryptocurrency that ISN'T in Bitcoin now (never have been, never will except to make certain trades) but is this reddit post accurate?

No, the reddit post calling Bitcoin "segwitcoin" is not accurate. I can almost guarantee this post came from r/btc, the home of Bcash. People are trapped so that's why they're not selling? People have been saying hodl for years now, from back when transactions cost pennies.

The ironic thing is transactions would be much cheaper if exchanges actually used segwit, which this poster is seemingly referring to as a negative. Bitstamp does, you'll notice transactions are very cheap there. Other exchanges haven't used segwit and it's costing their customers more in fees.

https://twitter.com/WhalePanda/status/936984591625224192

https://twitter.com/WhalePanda/status/936985162931425283

With SegWit you shouldn't be paying anywhere close to the fees in that post. But in any case, you shouldn't be buying your daily coffee with Bitcoin. This is obvious. It will get there someday, but it's a long process where maintaining it's bulletproof infrastructure and security is the biggest priority. This is what gives the coin its value.

Last edited:

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
22% for ARK...($4.10). Too lazy to sell and rebuy at the inevitable dip though...

Last edited:

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Of course it is. Because I decided to sell half my ARK today. You're welcome everyone!

Wow this is pretty insanely bad luck. It does nothing but move sideways all this time and lose satoshi value. I look up late tonight and its on a fucking tear all of a sudden. $4.17 on Binance. If I were still doing the swing trade thing I would sell for that dip that will certainly come, but Im done with that. Accumulation only from now on.

Edit: on the flip side, with OMG reaching 10.00 just now, and ARK flying back over $4.10, we have reached a point where I think every coin in the top 100 with the exception of Civic and TenX(PAY) has reached its pre BTC Fork levels from late September'ish.

TenX was around $2.55 and its close, and I believe Civic was around .40 cents. Its taking a while but the alts with potential have clawed back and many have hit ATHs since that nonsense with Bitcoin Gold and Segwit sucked all the air out of the alt market.

Last edited:

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best free iOS app for like, getting an alert when a chosen cryptocurrency drops below X?

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
We have terrible timing. Im out 1/3rd of my stack for now trying to day trade the boring $3.30-$3.15 action lol. ahh well, was ready for a portfolio rebalance anyway.
this whole industry is, to me, a form of gambling, but doing day trading makes it so much more so, and is especially silly on a currency you expect to long term be up. but I learned that lesson first hand as we most do, I think

Naked Snake

Oct 27, 2017
You can't beat the bots in day trading.

I don't know if bots are prevalent on crypto exchanges, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Schierke Mori

Oct 28, 2017
Ark $4.26....are we going to wake up to $10?!

kappa, but seriously what is happening

Some shilling on Reddit for ARK. It's gaining some more visibility now and momentum. It will drop back down though, good time to pick it up then.

Noob Question: How do you guys generally buy in on coins? Buying low and selling high, but do you guys focus on BTC or USD charts to see dips?

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Some shilling on Reddit for ARK. It's gaining some more visibility now and momentum. It will drop back down though, good time to pick it up then.

Noob Question: How do you guys generally buy in on coins? Buying low and selling high, but do you guys focus on BTC or USD charts to see dips?

I should probably look at BTC charts more than I do, but I currently spot dips by watching dollar values. Being patient and sitting on money I have ready to go in is harder than it should be IMO. Im anxious right now to put the money I have sitting on coinbase into the game but none of my coins are anywhere but near tops. On the other hand that anxiety is somewhat releived because that means my portfolio value is huge and rising :D

I should mention that Im looking at USD value to buy low because Im buying only 7 total coins for long term holding. If I was still trading, I would look at the BTC value since the goal would be to outpace BTCs growth, otherwise you may as well just buy only bitcoin and hold it.

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get all this Lomo hype, if they're giving a coin away per package you collect, and the coins 7cents at the moment, how much do people seriously think the value will go up?

inter

Oct 27, 2017
So many of the alt coins I've been intending to buy have nearly doubled in price while I wait for my ETH to get deposited on Coinbase. I thought the lower fees from buying with my bank account would be worth it, but the wait definitely doesn't seem to offset the fees.

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So many of the alt coins I've been intending to buy have nearly doubled in price while I wait for my ETH to get deposited on Coinbase. I thought the lower fees from buying with my bank account would be worth it, but the wait definitely doesn't seem to offset the fees.

Just wait a few days. Alts have been green for the last 4 days or so. Most should suffer small corrections in the coming days.

Domino Theory

Ripple Effect Studios
Verified
Nov 6, 2017
What's the best free iOS app for like, getting an alert when a chosen cryptocurrency drops below X?

Coinbase for big three, Blockfolio for every other alt coin. I'm on Android, though, so check if Blockfolio is on iOS.

Buy low hodl high. Also I use USD charts mostly, just easier for me than the whole 90000 satoshis vocabulary that's thrown around.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Steem Dollars have gone up from ~$1.35 to ~$2.40 in my two weeks watching. It's odd, as the it is meant to be the currency within the actual dollar range while Steem the coin is the actual token.

I've been using mine internally to power my account and transfer to Steem cheaply. But if it keeps going up...

Drifters_

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would suggest people not do victory laps since we are still due for a correction in the next week or so.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The markets are on fire right now. Everything going up. Onion over $2 even Siacoin is closing in on a penny.

Edit: No big walls on ARK at bittrex and watched the buy orders jump from 94btc to 130 in about 15 minutes. This rise is not done.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's a treat to wake up to.

Now I just need to constantly tell myself not to sell high and wait for the dip and to just chill

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
A while ago i had a huge bag of dirty cheap IOTA. Sold it with good profit. Would be worth a lot more now.

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
IOTA just overtook Bitcoin Gold in market cap and is close to overtaking Litecoin. Crazy 43% gain today and increasing.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
For those of you talking about fees, I'm on Coinbase and it's costing about $1 per transaction. Am I mistaken, is there a higher fee I'm not seeing? I haven't sold yet so maybe that's where fees come in, but when I'm hearing about high fees, that must be on other marketplaces, no?

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Last week I did some research and decided to sell all my BCH at 1450 and go 100% into IOTA at 1.40. I have a lot of confidence in their idea and I intend of holding this for a very long time

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Wonder if this is in anticipation of upcoming news. Perhaps some insider trading aswell?

Edit: IOTA is about to hit $2 per Miota.
Wait, what? Did you mean to quote me? I don't know what would qualify as insider trading, I was just curious if I am missing something about transaction fees on Coinbase O_o

Status
Not open for further replies.