• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Game of the show for sure. Can't wait to hear impressions of the demo. Such an impressive trailer. Makes me want to jump in and see all the weird shit they packed into this game.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Those visuals and the lack of release date most definitely mean that it'll be out on next gen consoles (aside from PC). I can't see them pulling off that fidelity on XB1X or PS4Pro. Undoubtedly, there'll be current gen versions too with dialed down features.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Some more cyberpunk cityscapes from movie, shows, and games (as well as the aforementioned GITS)

TLvRoWHl.jpg

hRj96wpl.jpg

45bGG1Il.jpg

8OTxuPzl.jpg

ocNR3jj.png

Gk6n5Ctl.jpg

Image_01-655x1024.jpg

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
People have different expectations and preferences. Other people should just accept that instead of trying to prove them wrong. I wonder how many post in this thread are about someone trying to explain how another ones view of how the game should look like is not valid.

Nah, I think people are just trying to explain to others that Cyberpunk isn't just Blade Runner. Since most posts are saying that this isn't what Cyberpunk is. I don't think anyone really has a problem with someone not really feeling the game after that trailer.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly kind of shocked to see folks hating on the look here. I thought it was incredible. This is a genre in fairly bad need of broader representation, and leaning into the glamor, the glitz of cyberpunk is a great way to do it. We got a little of it in Human Revolution - for every slum environment, there's a hoity-toity corporate boondoggle with gorgeous art and architecture. The nobs in the heavily stratified society aren't going to put up with the whole place looking like shit, after all! I'd actually point to the absence of that as one of Mankind Dividide's big fuckups, even the ostensibly "nice" parts of Prague still looked run down and miserable. But I guess some people just want All Blade Runner, All The Time. Too bad, we're getting some SUNSHINE in this one! Love it.

Also love that we're getting a customizable character. Seems likely it'll be in the Mass Effect mode, where we're playing the same "person" but we'll be able to choose stuff like race, sex, class, probably personality to some extent, even though we're filling the same general role no matter what. I'm down!

That's interesting actually. I'm not well versed in the genre, but does cyberpunk need to be dystopic by definition?
It doesn't have to be, though the "punk" side of it does encourage a certain level of cynicism about authority.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
ITT, people complaining about what cyberpunk is without realizing what "cyberpunk" (TM) is? lol, whatever.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm still very mixed and in wait and see mode on this game. I loved Witcher 3, but for the setting, story, characters and lore. I didn't care much for the combat.

I'm not big on cyberpunk settings and the trailer and screens haven't changes that or me yet. I'll likely wait for reviews and impressions and get a sense of whether the story, characters, writing etc. live up to W3 and see how the combat and gamplay are.

Deleted member 3058

Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm a tanned gym-goer and I too found it disappointing so you can stop with that rubbish right away you bully.

Seriously what GTA/Infamous looking shite this is. Completely different to the preview picture.

original.jpg
As someone that paid attention to this game since the initial art reveal the sunlight should not come as a surprise, lol

1920x1200_Art.jpg

This was some of the very first media they showed of the game. Some concept art.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly kind of shocked to see folks hating on the look here. I thought it was incredible. This is a genre in fairly bad need of broader representation, and leaning into the glamor, the glitz of cyberpunk is a great way to do it. We got a little of it in Human Revolution - for every slum environment, there's a hoity-toity corporate boondoggle with gorgeous art and architecture. The nobs in the heavily stratified society aren't going to put up with the whole place looking like shit, after all! I'd actually point to the absence of that as one of Mankind Dividide's big fuckups, even the ostensibly "nice" parts of Prague still looked run down and miserable. But I guess some people just want All Blade Runner, All The Time. Too bad, we're getting some SUNSHINE in this one! Love it.

Also love that we're getting a customizable character. Seems likely it'll be in the Mass Effect mode, where we're playing the same "person" but we'll be able to choose stuff like race, sex, class, probably personality to some extent, even though we're filling the same general role no matter what. I'm down!

It doesn't have to be, though the "punk" side of it does encourage a certain level of cynicism about progress.

People were expecting to be a little bit more blown away. So even though people are fairly high on it, there's a bit of a disappointment. Like a 10 down to a 9.5.

Also rolled my eyes at the CD Project red letter when they told us in their letter that 'The Hype is Real'.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As someone that paid attention to this game since the initial art reveal the sunlight should not come as a surprise, lol

1920x1200_Art.jpg

This was some of the very first media they showed of the game. Some concept art.
No, please delete this, it doesn't fit with the strange particular image I formed in my head in 2013, has to be fake, no sun in cyberpunk.

Deleted member 36186

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I get the disappointment of some people in regards to the tone of the game.
Cyberpunk can have many styles and I think some people (me included) were hoping for something darker.
It looks too goofy and "crazy" but not in the good "fucking insane" sense...more like in the "edgy" sense.
But it is what it is.

I do think that the very first cg teaser have a totally different vibe though.

TCi

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I like how people are arguing over knowing everything about the game from the first trailer. Some of the posts in this thread are weird.
The trailer showed a fantastic world with incredible detail. Let's maybe wait and see what those details are before judging a small trailer from maybe 100+hours of gameplay.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Now that was a trailer. But no gameplay, no date... CPR can take their time though. If they say this game is coming out in 2077 then I'll be there day one, hopefully with my own cyber legs.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Well I'm a tanned gym-goer and I too found it disappointing so you can stop with that rubbish right away you bully.

Seriously what GTA/Infamous looking shite this is. Completely different to the preview picture.

original.jpg
I think the point of that meme is people disliking the use of color, and being obstinate about that. Not sure what you being tanned and "a gym-goer" has to do with anything.

Also, here's an idea. Maybe parts of the game do invoke that aesthetic? Maybe they have multiple different aesthetics going throughout the game?

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
Can't believe how many views of the Microsoft hack sequence it took for me to realize the ascii art near the end of the hacker software said "BEEP"

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My biggest question is why people seem to be taking personal offense to those people who weren't happy with the trailer. Why do you give a shit? Just be happy you enjoy it lol.

Could it be because you're insecure about your own feelings towards it?

Deathknell

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Can we realistically expect this game to be out in 2019 guys?
I mean, if they're gonna show the press some gameplay demo in the next 48h, i cannot see how this could be a 2020 game..

Rehevkor

Oct 31, 2017
My biggest question is why people seem to be taking personal offense to those people who weren't happy with the trailer. Why do you give a shit? Just be happy you enjoy it lol.

Most of the people complaining about it clearly don't understand what Cyberpunk 2077 is. They think it's a GTA clone or is somehow supposed to be Blade Runner. It's hard to watch people shitting on a good thing because they don't know what they're looking at.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017

The problem is people saying this isn't cyberpunk and complaining that it's not a carbon copy of Blade Runner and not even realizing that this is an existing IP.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's okay to not like the trailer. Another thing is to take a 30 second teaser that launched 5 years ago and create a narrative about it, or see this 2 minute trailer and assume that the game is similar to Sunset Overdrive because there's sunlight. That's more than crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.