• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Quick cut from that footage a couple of days ago looked abit busier during day time

schermafbeelding2020-38ji6.png

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

New Cyberpunk Gameplay Footage (1m30)

We don’t need cyberpunk hype threads on such minor news updates, especially during Trans Awareness Week. Use one of the other existing threads please.

is generally what I would assume.
I can respect the decision to minimize Cyberpunk news during TAW, but calling new footage of one of the most anticipated games of the year minor is a weak excuse. Just call it honest and say the team doesn't want to hype up a game it feels goes against the forum team's stances.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I can respect the decision to minimize Cyberpunk news during TAW, but calling new footage of one of the most anticipated games of the year minor is a weak excuse. Just call it honest and say the team doesn't want to hype up a game it feels goes against the forum team's stances.
My quote's from a different thread (about 2m of new video), which is indeed quite minor. If this 10 minute video is "minor" news or not I dunno.

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like CDPR should either be banned or not. This half stuff is just confusing and I'm not sure it actually helps anyone
I think the issue is there's no clear line in the sand that they stepped over. Some will say they basically went Mein Kampf against trans people and others will say it's just fratty humor from eastern Europeans who are confused on the correct way to be woke.

I think CDPR should just come out and have a transparent conversation about this but they're probably too afraid to acknowledge the issue. So now we live in this Schrodinger state where we have simultaneous discussions on bigotry and cool graphics.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
My quote's from a different thread (about 2m of new video), which is indeed quite minor. If this 10 minute video is "minor" news or not I dunno.

I would argue that first ever console footage of highly expected AAA game is anything, but "minor news".

Locking thread because it's "more The Wire footage" is bit weird, I would understand it better if reason was awareness week.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I was seriously astounded that the Xbox One X version looked as good as it did - let alone the Xbox Series X looking like the PC version; only without Ray Tracing.

Some serious optimization has taken place here😲

Yeah I guess the extra few weeks have gone a long way. Honestly it seems like whatever system you choose to play on, it's going to be a great experience.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
Looked a lot better than what I expected the console versions would tbh. I agree it seems a bit empty at some places, so interested to see more unedited console footage.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
I was seriously astounded that the Xbox One X version looked as good as it did - let alone the Xbox Series X looking like the PC version; only without Ray Tracing.

Some serious optimization has taken place here😲
The differences will be greater once we have direct high quality footage on all platforms. Even then the quality achieved on these consoles is beyond what people were expecting.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
After seeing the footage I'm going to pass. Gameplay looks dull, dialogue seems annoying, performance will probably be an issue even on current gen consoles, and considering how transphobic CDPR is, I don't expect them to handle racial issues well either. I haven't enjoyed what I've seen with the minorities in the game. Seems like a bunch of stereotypes.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The One X version is better looking than I expected, but I can't imagine it's just a coincidence that the driving segment is captured from Series X. I wonder how choppy the One X version will be driving around.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
Maybe I'm tripping but does it look like the One X footage is much slower, like movement is actually slower, almost as if it's compensating for poorer framerates?

Based on that footage, I'd be skeptical about purchasing on a previous gen console.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
As expected, Cherami Leigh as female V sounds infinitely better than the male V voice actor. Glad we got to hear more of her.

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
Eeeh... I don't mind the pop-up so much, it was always going to be hard to mask it in this type of game world, but you really can see the game 'breaking down' on these lower-end configurations. It looked really goofy seeing a lone NPC snap to paths (at like 2:50), it just looks so barren... and that was on Series X (no next-gen patch)?

I'm on PC, and this'll be the first thing I crank up.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Eeeh... I don't mind the pop-up so much, it was always going to be hard to mask it in this type of game world, but you really can see the game 'breaking down' on these lower-end configurations. It looked really goofy seeing a lone NPC snap to paths (at like 2:50), it just looks so barren... and that was on Series X (no next-gen patch)?

I'm on PC, and this'll be the first thing I crank up.
Series X was running the X1 version in BC according to CDPR so i wouldn't expect stuff like density to change until the next gen patch.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Right, so that gets back to what I was asking - so the footage we saw today of the Series X is with the planned day one patch for next-gen consoles? Or was that just the Series X brute forcing better fidelity and a more stable framerate?
I think it's with the day-one Xbox Series X patch. Those screen-space reflections would have to have been specifically added to be that different from the Xbox One X.
As expected, Cherami Leigh as female V sounds infinitely better than the male V voice actor. Glad we got to hear more of her.
Cherami Leigh is a boss🤘💯

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
I think the issue is there's no clear line in the sand that they stepped over. Some will say they basically went Mein Kampf against trans people and others will say it's just fratty humor from eastern Europeans who are confused on the correct way to be woke.

I think CDPR should just come out and have a transparent conversation about this but they're probably too afraid to acknowledge the issue. So now we live in this Schrodinger state where we have simultaneous discussions on bigotry and cool graphics.

Well said.

I myself am fine to talk about the game and debate on things like how shitty I think it runs on previous gen.

But I will be buying it used so as not to contribute to their bottom line and will do so for all their games until the point they speak openly about their, frankly pathetic, views, messaging and business practices.

TriGen

Oct 27, 2017
Overall I'm pretty unimpressed by the console footage. I've been wondering if I should play it at launch or if I should wait until they do an actual next-gen patch and I think I'm in wait mode. I'm kind of disappointed because TW3 is one of my favorite games of the gen but I guess I can wait a little longer to play it. And I'll add that considering how old this gen is at this point I'm not surprised at how big of a downgrade it is from the PC footage.

Also, I'm one of those people that hardly ever replays games so that's another reason to wait, if you're a console player that is planning multiple runs it makes sense to probably play it this year.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

They've had plenty of chances to have that discussion and clarify things.
If anything, they have doubled down on outright Transphobia or fetishism time and again. Over and over.
The only reason CDPR is even given the time of day on Era is because they've made what is for many (particularly for pc Era) their GotG, aka Witcher 3, and they salivate at the idea of a Witcher 3 level Cyberpunk rpg.
CDPR is a trash level company as far as misoginy/ LGBTQ representation or treatment is concerned.
Always has been (well at least since Witcher 1), but now we know it's not by mistake or lack of awareness.
At best it could be put on the current Polish culture envo/ political agenda being pushed by those in power, but that would ultimately be no excuse.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
If you mixed the Xbox Series X gameplay in with PC footage; unless you were really looking and scrutinized it - it would be very difficult to tell them apart.

It's possible they could've shown console footage in the past and we wouldn't have known😅
Can't wait for the game to be out so we can see how far above the PC version is, let alone all the RT that won't be present in the console version. Even when they get the next gen patch later in 2021.

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
I'm really disappointed at no mention of a simple 60FPS framerate toggle for next gen systems through back compat. It would take very little work and I'm sure these systems can handle dynamic 4K 60 well, given the One X version looks pretty high res just with a 30 FPS lock.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
So are we not getting a threadmark for the footage or what? These bloated mega-threads aren't very navigation friendly.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
The shooting looks ... suspect. Always hard for me to gauge that from just video so i won't know until my get my hands on it but it definitely feels that in their desire to be the jack of all trades they overreached again.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
It looks like RT won't come to next-gen until the update next year. Reflections in the video seemed to be screen-space reflections.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Honestly pretty surprised how good the current gen version looks - I'll be playing on PC so its irrelevant to me - but very impressive on One X.

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Looks ok so far will play it on PS5, don't know if they were intentionally playing slowly but it seemed a little slow with movement. Hopefully the next gen patch takes full advantage of the SSDs ability to stream assets so can run it faster.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
The shooting looks ... suspect. Always hard for me to gauge that from just video so i won't know until my get my hands on it but it definitely feels that in their desire to be the jack of all trades they overreached again.
That's usually the fate of any big WRPG. The individual parts will never be as good as e.g. a pure shooter but the sum can create a truly unique experience. Fallout New Vegas and Bloodlines are still some of my favourite games of all time and you would hardly label their individual gameplay elements as groundbreaking.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
LoathsomeUnfoldedGoldenmantledgroundsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

They aren't even driving fast and the signs are popping in terribly. all the footage had like near zero density of crowds... literally empty sidewalks

This is messy

Status
Not open for further replies.