• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Black Chamber clearly has no desire to do so. You want them to do it after getting dunked on repeatedly? They're showing you how they feel by their actions. It is what it is.
Actually if you looked at the posts I never once tagged or quoted them from the second they said I was antagonizing.

I only came in to explain my actions to other posters.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
A quick question:
Does anyone know what the resolution is on PS5/XSX for the 60fps mode? From the footage it appears 1080p or higher but I could be wrong.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
dude has been super cordial throughout all of this so I don't think there is much need for him to keep having to explain himself.

It reads like yall just want him to say something and get banned lol...but he hasn't given any ammo for that. Same shit going on with Mediking.
Or they can literally say some words in the Cyberpunk OT to show that their thread is welcome to any and all members of the LGBTQ community. That's it. It's really not that hard.

Oct 28, 2017
Please stop and think about what you just said.

He is being cordial about telling me NO THEY WILL NOT SAY they want to hear our words after a marketing campaign that hurt my community.

I'm trying to get them banned because I want them to say TransRights after this company used a Trans woman to sell a game.

So you are trying to incite a ban?

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Same shit going on with Mediking.
I don't think I've said anything crazy or wild so I shouldn't be getting banned. But if I did get banned randomly... I hope somebody I'm super cool with like purseowner would be like, "Yo, why did the director for that new Final Fantasy game get banned?" Lol

My honest suggestion would be that Black Chamber types something up and some people look over it. If they don't find it satisfactory then they rewrite it and Chamber puts it in the OT when it opens up.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
and multiple times he has shown support. There was a super long post a while back.

you are acting like he is a secret transphobe and are just waiting for him to slip up when in reality he has explained that he is very aware of the situation around the game.

so again the constant badgering of him doesn't really read that well. I am sure there will be something in the OT that addresses it. It has dominated every thread on the game so far so it would be super wise to put it there regardless of his feelings or not.

I am not sure what else yall want from him at this stage...he doesn't have to flagellate himself at every turn. Reading the the threadmark;

• It is okay to be excited for Cyberpunk 2077 and to want to play it. Do not attack other members merely for being excited for the game or planning to buy the game.
Give dude a break.

May 9, 2019
Just preordered. Bad time though since finals are the week after and I know this game gonna hook me.

Can we change the MC's voice tho?

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
and multiple times he has shown support. There was a super long post a while back.

you are acting like he is a secret transphobe and are just waiting for him to slip up when in reality he has explained that he is very aware of the situation around the game.

so again the constant badgering of him doesn't really read that well. I am sure there will be something in the OT that addresses it. It has dominated every thread on the game so far so it would be super wise to put it there regardless of his feelings or not.

I am not sure what else yall want from him at this stage...he doesn't have to flagellate himself at every turn. Reading the the threadmark;

• It is okay to be excited for Cyberpunk 2077 and to want to play it. Do not attack other members merely for being excited for the game or planning to buy the game.
Give dude a break.
Nobody is really attacking them for being excited though. 99% of us are here because we're excited for the game.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017

Give dude a break.

everyone is welcome in this thread 💯

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Give dude a break.
They have a choice to run this OT. They have put themselves in a position of power snd influence.

This Ot will be viewed a Thousand Times and ya know what fuck the niceties.

Do you at any point of your day "ya know what? That is enough thinking BLM."

Or "Ya know, I've considered equal pay foe enough today."

No you support those 24hrs a day and when ever you can. TransRights shouldn't be any different.

I ain't calling Black Chamber a TransPhobe, what I have done is to ask a fucking community to support us by saying something welcome to us after how they (CDPR) marketed us.

One paragraph was it! How is that such a point of contention you are trying to argue against it?!

m29a

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it's completely fair to compare Resetera to places like Reddit or other forums.

On here, isn't the moderation pretty good? They wouldn't let people come off as unwelcoming and acting poorly. I do agree that something could be put in the OT, but is trying to get people banned the most effective path? Hopefully I didn't say anything out of line here :/

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if it's completely fair to compare Resetera to places like Reddit or other forums.

On here, isn't the moderation pretty good? They wouldn't let people come off as unwelcoming and acting poorly. I do agree that something could be put in the OT, but is trying to get people banned the most effective path? Hopefully I didn't say anything out of line here :/
Omg no one wants Black Chamber banned, NO ONE.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody is really attacking them for being excited though. 99% of us are here because we're excited for the game.

FWIW, it reads like attacks to me. "Nobody is really attacking" sounds like a hedge on your part. The rhetoric is escalating to include swearing now...

I fully support trans rights, absolutely don't see the harm in including a disclaimer, and think we should air out these issues, but things do seem to be getting uglier quickly.

Surely the mods could add a disclaimer staff communication addressing the issues to the OT like they did on this thread?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Appreciate Beth Cyra for bringing a question that's been on the mind for awhile but never left it. Especially since having gone numerous threads with not so much as a threadmark to help raise awareness around the issues ongoing in Poland and calls for support in that regard.

Having some section of the OP in these threads raise awareness around the issues has never seemed like it should be a huge ask in light of everything, yet it has always felt like one. Which seems validated when there's so much protest over it now - protest over the suggestion of making it clear trans members are welcome somewhere in the opening, and perhaps a link to charities or the other thread for awareness.

HeavenlyOne

The Fallen
Nov 30, 2017
Your heart

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
They have a choice to run this OT. They have put themselves in a position of power snd influence.

This Ot will be viewed a Thousand Times and ya know what fuck the niceties.

Do you at any point of your day day "ya know what? That is enough thinking BLM."

Or "Ya know, I've considered equal pay foe enough today."

I ain't calling Black Chamber a TransPhobe, what I have done is to ask a fucking community to support us by saying something welcome to us after how they marketed enough.

One paragraph was it! How is that such a point of contention you are trying to argue against it?!

I am not arguing that it shouldn't be mentioned ; it should and it probablly will. So its a non issue to bring up out of the blie but I just see that people are livid that the guy who is practically synonymous with the game hasn't bowed the knee yet and continues to basically post about the game he is excited about. No one on this board is unaware of the issues surrounding the game. There is a sticky. There is countless threadmarks. and every single page ends with the message. Idiots showed their ass and got banned., People are aware. Black Chamber is aware. And he has made his statement. So again, constantly asking him to say a catchphrase to appease you, honestly rings hollow. I'm black. I understand quite well..but I also don't need every single person to constantly remind me that they think black lives matter too every time....if anything that would make me question if they are really about that or are just saying it to impress me for some reason.

Also after the game releases very few people are going to read the OT anyway...never understood the importance of it beyond quick links. SO much effort goes wasted IMO.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017

Give dude a break.
What people want is as simple as BlackChamber replying in this thread saying:
"Yes, I will put support for the Trans community in the OT"

Literally, that's it. That's a fair ask. Idk how this shit escalated so much smh.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am not arguing that it shouldn't be mentioned ; it should and it probablly will. So its a non issue to bring up out of the blie but I just see that people are livid that the guy who is practically synonymous with the game hasn't bowed the knee yet and continues to basically post about the game he is excited about. No one on this board is unaware of the issues surrounding the game. There is a sticky. There is countless threadmarks. and every single page ends with the message. Idiots showed their ass and got banned., People are aware. Black Chamber is aware. And he has made his statement. So again, constantly asking him to say a catchphrase to appease you, honestly rings hollow. I'm black. I understand quite well..but I also don't need every single person to constantly remind me that they think black lives matter too every time....if anything that would make me question if they are really about that or are just saying it to impress me for some reason.

Also after the game releases very few people are going to read the OT anyway...never understood the importance of it beyond quick links. SO much effort goes wasted IMO.
Fine.

I'm done with this.

Just please recognize I didn't actually want them to say TransRights, it was simply that having the main hype person show us support in the face of hype would have helped our community. It would have shown that yes it has problems, and even if CDPR failed this community wouldn't.

I wanted them to have a paragraph of their feelings and how we where wanted along side the game immortalized with the thread.

I shall avoid this, the spoiler thread and Ot moving forward.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Lmao I'm laughing because I sadly can't even tell if this genuine or mocking/sarcasm
I'm
1f4af.png
sure it's genuine.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
It reads like they just want yall to say something and get banned lol...

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
he answered the question.

you just don't like the answer.
He didn't answer anything, he just kept repeating that everyone is welcome. The question was whether or not he would do the absolute bare minimum and write a few sentences in his OT in support of trans people who are looking for support.

If the answer is no, the question is why would you not?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I am not arguing that it shouldn't be mentioned ; it should and it probablly will. So its a non issue to bring up out of the blie but I just see that people are livid that the guy who is practically synonymous with the game hasn't bowed the knee yet and continues to basically post about the game he is excited about.
Where is this probably from, and why are you using it to write the request off as a non-issue? None of the OT's so far have - to my knowledge - included a section on this or toward the trans community.

Also, bending the knee in this context is just discussing having a section of the upcoming OT be toward making the trans community feel welcome. Bizarre way to phrase it.

I'm black. I understand quite well..but I also don't need every single person to constantly remind me that they think black lives matter too every time....if anything that would make me question if they are really about that or are just saying it to impress me for some reason.
There's a difference between having a paragraph of text welcoming people in an opening of a main thread, and needing every single person to constantly remind you of something.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
God my one with for this game is hopefully it will be easy to move and fullscreen it between multiple monitors.

I have to play Genshin Impact windowed if I want to put it on my 4k TV, and I'm almost considering buying another copy for my ps5 if it's that much of a hassle.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Where is this probably from, and why are you using it to write the request off as a non-issue? None of the OT's so far have - to my knowledge - included a section on this or toward the trans community.
There is one and its really good ♥

www.resetera.com

Nintendo General Discussion |OT17| Trans Rights are Human Rights

Welcome to the 17th Direct Speculation Thread, and the 2nd under our rebranded name! As always, thanks to MondoMega for the great graphics, as well as Platy for contributing to the wonderful "trans rights" banner. I’d like to start with a very important message new to our OP: many of those in...

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
It seems like a very easy thing to just put a heads up in the OT about CDPR's treatment of trans people. I hope that that is what happens in the end.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
if anything that would make me question if they are really about that or are just saying it to impress me for some reason.

lmfao what the hell is this post? Reminding people of the Trans issues the game has and openly supporting the trans era community is akin to virtue signaling? Am I reading this right?

Quint75

Mar 6, 2019
I looked at CP on the PlayStation Store and it had a disclaimer saying the the game available is for the PS4 and that while the game is playable on PS5, some features available on PS4 may be absent. Does anyone know what this relates to at this point or is it just a wait and see kinda thing? I know the game will be getting a PS5 update and that's great, but wondering if we will be missing anything before that is released.

Deleted member 64002

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2020
Man just please awknowledge our community it's all I ask we need visibility and when all this stuff goes down its kind of a bad look when the cyberpunk OT doesn't awknowledge the fucked up marketing cyberpunk has had for the trans community. It's not hard man just like add some charities and a paragraph.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
There is one and its really good ♥

www.resetera.com

Nintendo General Discussion |OT17| Trans Rights are Human Rights

Welcome to the 17th Direct Speculation Thread, and the 2nd under our rebranded name! As always, thanks to MondoMega for the great graphics, as well as Platy for contributing to the wonderful "trans rights" banner. I’d like to start with a very important message new to our OP: many of those in...
I really should have clarified that I meant the CP77 ones, as that was a really nice gesture to see from the Nintendo Direct community.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
I do think Black Chamber has been more than supportive of TransEra and everyone else voicing their concerns around CDPR as a company while also expressing his hype and anticipation for the game and encouraging others to do the same.

It would be great to at least let people know of the issues surrounding the company in the OT that way people are well aware about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.