• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
He didn't answer anything, he just kept repeating that everyone is welcome. The question was whether or not he would do the absolute bare minimum and write a few sentences in his OT in support of trans people who are looking for support.

If the answer is no, the question is why would you not?
so again you just didn't like the answer.

again I think there should be a part in the OT addressing everything. It would be stupid not to. But this isn't really about that at this stage. Dude has been clear on his stance here. Shit he might need to repost that post in the OT at this stage lol.

again it just reads like people digging for something to ping him on. I imagine dude is on super thin ice and the moment he even thinks about slipping up his ass is grass lol.

again I am 100 percent sure there will be a part of the OT adressing the discourse. so again getting on him for not directly answering your question is sus and IMO reeks of ban baiting. He's not stupid enough to say "nah I aint gon have shit in there" so why even ask?

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
I looked at CP on the PlayStation Store and it had a disclaimer saying the the game available is for the PS4 and that while the game is playable on PS5, some features available on PS4 may be absent. Does anyone know what this relates to at this point or is it just a wait and see kinda thing? I know the game will be getting a PS5 update and that's great, but wondering if we will be missing anything before that is released.
That's just what they put for all BC games. Ex. Multiplayer parts of ps4 games might not work, ect.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I looked at CP on the PlayStation Store and it had a disclaimer saying the the game available is for the PS4 and that while the game is playable on PS5, some features available on PS4 may be absent. Does anyone know what this relates to at this point or is it just a wait and see kinda thing? I know the game will be getting a PS5 update and that's great, but wondering if we will be missing anything before that is released.

That's the standard disclaimer for games.

It was on literally every PS4 game on the store at one point (not sure if that's the case still).

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Makes me feel like an idiot for extending good will a few pages back, only to have the suggestion of including a paragraph in the OP of the OT avoided like a bad smell.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017

again I think there should be a part in the OT addressing everything. It would be stupid not to. But this isn't really about that at this stage. Dude has been clear on his stance here. Shit he might need to repost that post in the OT at this stage lol.

again it just reads like people digging for something to ping him on. I imagine dude is on super thin ice and the moment he even thinks about slipping up his ass is grass lol.

again I am 100 percent sure there will be a part of the OT adressing the discourse. so again getting on him for not directly answering your question is sus and IMO reeks of ban baiting. He's not stupid enough to say "nah I aint gon have shit in there" so why even ask?

well i'm not one to put words in people's mouths but if you're doing it than i'll take your word. or their word. well both your words.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
lmfao what the hell is this post? Reminding people of the Trans issues the game has and openly supporting the trans era community is akin to virtue signaling? Am I reading this right?
nice cut job there.

In that post and in that scenario, someone constantly go "hey Mik....black lives matter, bro" every single time would rang very sus to me.

Again I am sure there will be a part of the OT addressing this. Nothing Black Chamber has said or done points to anything different. SO my point is that it is very weird to grill him on this point IMO.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

It was a simple and reasonable yes or no question. Link me to the answer as to whether he would include it or not. I'll wait.

Ban baiting talk is absolute nonsense. Literally no one here is ban baiting.

Just because someone gets piled doesn't mean there's some nefarious motive. It often means they just had a bad take. And it is that, a very bad take.

Is the request reasonable and simple? If yes, then why on earth would it not be granted?

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
not sure how "everyone is welcome" is a bad take but do you i guess.

I also don't need every single person to constantly remind me that they think everyone is welcome every time....if anything that would make me question if they are really about that or are just saying it to impress me for some reason.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
nice cut job there.

In that post and in that scenario, someone constantly go "hey Mik....black lives matter, bro" every single time would rang very sus to me.

Again I am sure there will be a part of the OT addressing this. Nothing Black Chamber has said or done points to anything different. SO my point is that it is very weird to grill him on this point IMO.

They're grilling them for a direct answer. Not some runaround. Just be honest if you're not going to do it so that we don't have to sit here and guess whether or not it will happen.

that's it. That's the tweet.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
My quest to get a PS5 for Cyberpunk's release date has not gone well. Lets see what happens first, easily available PS5s or the raytracing patch.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
nice cut job there.

Nothing that has been done or said would indicate that any part of the OP for the OT would address it lol. Which is where the question came from. There's been no mention of it in the OT's up to now, and not even a threadmark extended to raise awareness around comprehensive posts on the issues, like those in Poland.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's a pretty simple request that harms nobody and only benefits awareness towards an important issue. It is not a good look to keep sidestepping the question whether it will be put in or not. There should be no hesitation.

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
Makes me feel like an idiot for extending good will a few pages back, only to have the suggestion of including a paragraph in the OP of the OT avoided like a bad smell.
This. The question was simple.

"Yes there will be a section dedicated to the issues, we stand with the trans community and here are some charities you can donate to"

Look forward to the game, just be aware of the issues people have with CD-PR isn't hard to articulate imo

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I mean it's a pretty simple request that harms nobody and only benefits awareness towards an important issue. It is not a good look to keep sidestepping the question whether it will be put in or not. There should be no hesitation.
It's extremely disappointing (but unsurprising) that people immediately jump to "ban bait!" over a very obvious sidestep of a basic request

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Can moderators just ban CP2077 talk on this forum so we can be done with this? This thread was and still is the mess and real OT won't be better.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I found the dismissive nature of Black Chamber's last post fairly unpleasant. Myself and numerous others had quoted them on the previous page asking them to recognise the problematic elements of the game and the trans community of the site in the OP.
Instead of responding to those questions and requests, we get another question-dodging use of emoji.

Frankly I've seen them do nothing but dodge the topic in here and I do not expect them to address it as it should be addressed in their OT unless they say otherwise.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Can moderators just ban CP2077 talk on this forum so we can be done with this? This thread was and still is the mess and real OT won't be better.
No. That wouldn't really be fair.
I found the dismissive nature of Black Chamber's last post fairly unpleasant. Myself and numerous others had quoted them on the previous page asking them to recognise the problematic elements of the game and the trans community of the site in the OP.
Instead of responding to those questions and requests, we get another question-dodging use of emoji.

Frankly I've seen them do nothing but dodge the topic in here and I do not expect them to address it as it should be addressed in their OT unless they say otherwise.
Have hope.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
yall really think dude is going to post a whole ass OT without even mentioning all of the going on?

how stupid do you think he is? That would be very stupid. It would get the thread locked; him banned or at least on a list of sus individuals.

but sure whatever...he should totes answer the question to the letter to make sure everything is on the up and up. whatever.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Like I get @'d out of nowhere with what I'm looking forward to in the game despite making my position on it extremely clear, yet reply with good manner and will. Responding honestly but with grace and wishing them that the game is everything they want it to be. Then the next page someone asks the most basic fucking request of having a message of outreach to the trans community here in the OT and it's dodged repeatedly, before people relating it to bending the knee or acting like it was some non-issue.

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys how's it goi....
tenor.gif

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Nah, that's not a good idea either. We can talk about the game while still acknowledging the issues.
Exactly. Which is all we're asking Black Chamber to do with the OT. Hardly unreasonable, so why instead of an affirming 'of course' or 'sure' do we get endless
1f4af.svg
s, which are increasingly feeling like they are posted in bad faith?

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
yall really think dude is going to post a whole ass OT without even mentioning all of the going on?

how stupid do you think he is? That would be very stupid. It would get the thread locked; him banned or at least on a list of sus individuals.

but sure whatever...he should totes answer the question to the letter to make sure everything is on the up and up. whatever.

I mean, he derailed his own thread by not responding to a very simple request. I've been a fan of CD Projekt Red since 2007 and I can admit that their inclusion of transphobia and response to it has been really terrible.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

I don't understand the point of dying on this hill. Dude could have already simply, you know, agreed to the request and had this shit taken care of in 5 minutes time.

Any reasonable person would have already done it and this thread would be about hype/leaks/performance talk right now.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017

It's a simple yes or no question. I find it to be a pretty unfair to Kyuuji, who has no reason to be as good of a sport as she's been in this thread.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Black Chamber is a nice guy and I appreciate his enthusiasm for the game, but I'm not gonna lie the "everyone is welcome" reads like some "all lives matter" equivalent shit. Obviously everyone is welcome, but I don't see any issues with addressing the problems in a short segment of the OT. It's not like it's going to affect most people's perception of the game or hurt its sales anyway, if this is some kind of a concern, but it does reinforce and bring awareness to the issues instead of just attempting to cover it up - especially important for a blockbuster release.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (1 month): Inappropriate whataboutism in response to transphobia concerns
Nah, that's not a good idea either. We can talk about the game while still acknowledging the issues.
No. That wouldn't really be fair.

Have hope.

We reached the point where things are running in circle now. People who are really transphobic probably left CP2077 threads long time ago, there is giant pinned thread dedicated to raising awareness too. At this point using every CP2077 thread to talk about CDPR issues is kinda punishing people who support trans rights, because everyone who supports trans rights by this time knows about issues that are brought up. Analogy I would use is DRM in games, publishers are keep using it and usually people who buy games are punished more than those who don't. Same is here people who know about CDPR issues need to read same things over and over again while those who don't care either ignore those posts and members or they are long gone from this forum.

And I already said before that moderators are not fair because far worse things that many other companies did were ignored and there were no restrictions regarding their threads. So either take strong stance, threat all companies the same or don't do it at all. I really, really don't like double standards.

Brainfreeze

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey

I appreciate that you're offering up the benefit of the doubt, but that just makes avoiding answering the question with a "yes" or "no" even more confusing. If you're right, what is the actual reason for not just saying so?

Nobody's trying to be angry or start shit - I think the initial post asking him to include something in the OP was a good suggestion! I can totally understand how someone would assume that the stickied thread, mod rules posted on every page, and locking the OT for a day would be enough, and not think anymore needed to be said. But specifically highlighting it in the OP - and doing it without Mod mandate especially - would be really appreciated. Especially if they link charities! So it just seems odd not to respond to that in a straight forward way.

Status
Not open for further replies.