Status
Not open for further replies.

RAWRferal

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Let's not turn this into a review score thread where people just start spewing random 2 digit numbers with no context.

I know we're hyped and waiting, but please...

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
As long as sales are there, I doubt it. And it's not like Witcher games scored in high 90s. Their best game is still at 92.

92 over 116 publications with 96% recommendation is about as solid as one can get. Given the work on TW3 - especially following Blood & Wine/Thronebreaker - the critical expectations are pretty high and mid-80's to 90 could easily be seen as something of a disappointment.

Kiryani

Banned
Jan 28, 2018
rdr 2 is the 13th best selling game mate after only 2 years

your 4 best friends as a sample size is pretty funny

Well yeah, but it's a relevant sample size, and it's a sample size I can give easily.

Cyberpunk will toast RDR2 imo , numerous factors not least all the next generation consoles sold and the first big release since

less

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping that we get the chance to side with Arasaka in the main quest and help them along in their path to complete dominance of a dystopian future.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
92 I'd say.

95 is really hard these days

97 is even harder

This gen we had less 90+ compared to last gen.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
My expectations are mid to high 80s. I feel like a game like this might be rough around the edges and that appeal, when it comes to reviewers, will be lower. I don't think it says much of the quality of the game on a personal level, some of my favorite games are in the 60s and 70s, but more what I expect from reviewers.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
The PC version of Witcher 3 has 93.. and from 17 670 players it has 94 rating there - I know, it's MC so that isn't saying much and user score isnt't the one that interest them, but it's there..

The reason the PC version generally isn't used is because it has less reviews. 32 PC reviews for 79 PS4. Usually, as something gets more and more reviews, the score drops.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Umm?

yqrtg4uozh161.jpg

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I'd be immensely surprised to see it get lower than a 92 from most outlets.

SodapopVII

Oct 27, 2017
All for tempering expectations but do people really think this looks like a sub 90 game on Metacritic?

Looks like the dream game for a lot of people myself included, open world Deus Ex with utterly fantastic world building and design. I suspect this will be many peoples favourite game of all time if it meets previous gameplay trailers standards.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
All for tempering expectations but do people really think this looks like a sub 90 game on Metacritic?

Looks like the dream game for a lot of people myself included, open world Deus Ex with utterly fantastic world building and design. I suspect this will be many peoples favourite game of all time if it meets previous gameplay trailers standards.

Well metacritic doesn't exactly tie in to game quality.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
88-91 was the given range and and I'm looking at internal reception to the scores, not fans.

After all of the delays and money spent, all of the marketing and influencer push, to not score 90 would not be seen in a good light and barely scraping it wouldn't be a monumental achievement either.

I work in corporate where the passion and all of that shit is on the side.

Of course sales and profit trump all in the end. But the game wasn't pushed further and further back, with more and more bodies sacrificed to the grinder, to score no fucking 88 or 89.

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I hope that showing was pre-patch, but it's hard to say. I think it could definitely hurt the perception of the game, but I'm hoping for the best and that CDPR worked some magic there.

I'm also playing Witcher 3 again in anticipation. Such a good game.
I'd suggest they dial the fidelity right down to whatever achieves a mostly steady 30fps, no matter how low that number is (for the base machines).

Resolution isn't much use when chugging at all IMO.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
88-91 was the given range and and I'm looking at internal reception to the scores, not fans.

After all of the delays and money spent, all of the marketing and influencer push, to not score 90 would not be seen in a good light and barely scraping it wouldn't be a monumental achievement either.

I work in corporate where the passion and all of that shit is on the side.

Of course sales and profit trump all in the end. But the game wasn't pushed further and further back, with more and more bodies sacrificed to the grinder, to score no fucking 88 or 89.
I think the goal is always to score over 90 which is usually very rare, especially in the last few years.
Getting over 93 - 94 is very hard, especially if we look at heavy story based game. I think only RDR 2 has been able to achieve that.
TLOU PT 2 was 96 but then more sites got the game and the MC dropped a bit because the story and the tone didn't reasonate with everyone.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
They're currently doing a huge street mural next to a freeway in São Paulo to promote the game. This is honestly a bit insane, I don't think I've ever seen a game get this level of marketing in Brazil.

Pyccko

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
that dude is the lamest mascot I've ever seen

the coolest thing about him is his collar

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Going to stick with a 94 minimum. It was the media that created the hype. Barring technical issues and outlier score the game seems to be living up to the promises , which again is the media telling us that.

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's pretty apparent that the game is going to have some technical issues, perhaps significant ones - but I can still see it brute forcing a high score on the shoulders of its world and immersion

The more clips I see the more it seems evident that gamers haven't seen something quite like this before

Video Kojima

Banned
Apr 5, 2020
The cover guy would definitely have put me off if i didn't know anything about this game.
They're taking the "put an anonymous white guy in there to avoid offendit anyone" approach.

The GTA ads are 10x better and actually give you a better idea of the type of game you're getting.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
I'd suggest they dial the fidelity right down to whatever achieves a mostly steady 30fps, no matter how low that number is (for the base machines).

Resolution isn't much use when chugging at all IMO.

Oh, I agree. It should take as much of a resolution/graphical hit as possible for the base consoles to make sure they run as well as they can.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
The cover guy would definitely have put me off if i didn't know anything about this game.
They're taking the "put an anonymous white guy in there to avoid offendit anyone" approach.

The GTA ads are 10x better and actually give you a better idea of the type of game you're getting.
Even when I don't love GTA, their key art & box art is stellar. (Weirdly, a lot of what they put out for RDR isn't!)

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
I think the goal is always to score over 90 which is usually very rare, especially in the last few years.
Getting over 93 - 94 is very hard, especially if we look at heavy story based game. I think only RDR 2 has been able to achieve that.
TLOU PT 2 was 96 but then more sites got the game and the MC dropped a bit because the story and the tone didn't reasonate with everyone.

Yeah, I think tone and gunplay are areas where Cyberpunk could end up being very divisive. There's "more witcher" than the ads would have us think, but it still sounds like the game can steer into some very crass/edge lord feeling territory that could put some people off.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
It's destined to get over a 90

Status
Not open for further replies.