• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ericsongmoi

Mar 9, 2020
I had just preordered the game today on Xbox Live(Xbox Series S). First it installed just the 100Mb placeholder file, but right now the game is dowloading 59,6Gb.

I haven't heard anything about the preload going live, weird.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
Haha, what the fuck at that real life brands tweet being highlighted.

They cooperated with Porsche so at least one real-life brand is in the game. But the article mentions that its the only licensed car in the game.

www.auto-motor-und-sport.de

Dystopischer Porsche 930 Turbo nach Game-Vorlage: Porsche baut Cyberpunk-2077-Turbo

Gaming-Fans weltweit fiebern dem Release von Cyberpunk 2077 entgegen, jetzt packt es auch Autofans – wegen eines 930 Turbo. Der Spielentwickler und der Sportwagenbauer haben ein Mega-Kooperations-Projekt auf die Räder gestellt.

Oct 21, 2019
No, I wouldn't cast my money at CDPR at this point. I have been vocal about my disappointment in having been hyped for the game and wishing there weren't the issues there are with it, so that I could be as excited by it as most here though. Since the main post went up and blew up a tad I've had a couple of people extend existing codes to be able to see the game for myself, and whether there's any justification for it on top of giving a trans perspective on what is there to some comprehensive degree. Good or bad; the latter including whether the game is as lacking in said justification as the concern currently is. So obviously there's a curiosity to be able to see for myself whether that 1% I held out for it to be grounded in some sense is validated in any way, or the extent of how far they run with any trans related themes. There's a reason why I've wanted CDPR to actually showcase how they're handling the themes with nuance and tact in a way they clearly haven't bothered to. The scope and potential for a game reaching such a broad audience to actually do right by themes that would be a natural fit is huge, which is why it's, in part, so irritating to see that not only potentially squandered, but actively opposed.

I'm also genuinely curious as to the performance in general as I think it'd be kind of shitty to sell a product that has glaring flaws just because it's been delayed for so long we've now crossed into a new generation. I think aspects like a lack of crowd density significantly take from whatever environment they've been touting too, so it would be kind of wild to have versions that were just dead of life in an alleged "megalopolis".

Hi Kyuuji -

Thank you for the response as I was also caught off guard by your comments in this thread.

However, I still feel like this reasoning comes off half-hearted and does a disservice to the stance you have staunchly taken elsewhere on Era. In fact, I actually canceled my pre-order based on the information shared so I am very much surprised you are still considering playing the game. The justification of you receiving a free code so you're money does not go to CDPR is a poor excuse - how many of your fellow members would love to be in that situation (especially those with canceled orders)? If you truly want to see how the game plays and case judgements, there will be plenty of reviews and streams to make your discernment, after all?

Further, what do you expect to get out of actually experiencing the game? Are you hoping to change your mind? If so, will you edit the mega thread after the call outs and initial blowback has already been done? We certainly did not give them the benefit of the date prior to release and I have a hard time believing anything in the game itself would erase previous insensitivity from CDPR.

I also bring this up based on a back and forth you are still having with another user in the stickied thread; I have a hard time seeing how both of your dialogues can come from the same point of view.

Thanks for reading and thank you again for helping bring awareness.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
If anyone needs any movie recommendations to get into hype-mode for this game, I created a thread for just that a while ago that will certainly help.

Here is my watchlist starting this Saturday:

Saturday, December 5th: Alita: Battle Angel/Dredd/Ready Player One

Sunday, December 6th: Strange Days/Robocop/Tron

Monday, December 7th: Johnny Mnemonic/The Matrix/Virtuosity

Tuesday, December 8th: Ghost In The Shell/Akira/Total Recall

Wednesday, December 9th: Blade Runner/Blade Runner 2049
Also:

🤘💯

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
So are reviewers getting the unpatched version of the game? Because based on what I'm hearing from people who got their copies early, the game is very buggy and it has some serious performance issues. Based on what I've been reading, they're just constantly running into issues, and are saying there's no way this game was ready when it went Gold. So if the reviewers are playing the same version, I can't imagine this isn't going to heavily affect some of the review scores.
I'd imagine some version of the mythical day 1 patch was made available to them ? When(if?) the whole delay was about polishing it up in fear of reception, it's hard to imagine that not being the case.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Remember if you are gonna get the disc version on Xbox. You can preload also already. So you dont have to on release.
Use the xbox mobile app and preload.

Oct 28, 2017
They cooperated with Porsche so at least one real-life brand is in the game. But the article mentions that its the only licensed car in the game.

www.auto-motor-und-sport.de

Dystopischer Porsche 930 Turbo nach Game-Vorlage: Porsche baut Cyberpunk-2077-Turbo

Gaming-Fans weltweit fiebern dem Release von Cyberpunk 2077 entgegen, jetzt packt es auch Autofans – wegen eines 930 Turbo. Der Spielentwickler und der Sportwagenbauer haben ein Mega-Kooperations-Projekt auf die Räder gestellt.

Yeah I know, and I know why their social media team would push the point, but it's still weird. Wow, BRANDS!!

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Fallout New Vegas, Gothic 2 and Bloodlines are some of my favourite games of all time. I think I'll be fine haha.

This. Morrowind on OG Xbox is the greatest gaming experience I've ever had. Pathologic 2 was my GOTY last year. Game/save breaking bugs not withstanding, I have an extremely high tolerance for jank and a general lack of polish in ambitious RPGs, especially compared to most games journalists. Plenty an 'uplayable mess' by their standards have been perfectly fine in my experience.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
is this a dream?

EoU10QWXEAAH5AS

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I assume there's no pre loads on pc? Or at least if you have gog version

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
My guess is 30 fps locked dynamic resolution on Pro/One X which mainly sticks to the low end with it maxing to the high end of 4k/30 on Ps5/Series X.

Zaheer

Oct 27, 2017
I can remember where I was when that 2013 trailer dropped, and now we're less than a week away.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
I don't run their marketing department, so I wouldn't know. There are any number of possible reasons. I'm just saying that there is no mechanical reason the PS5 or Series X cannot play Cyberpunk at 60fps. Both are plenty strong enough to play basically any cross-gen game with that kind of performance, so the only reason they won't is if the developers don't include options that allow us to.

It's not about whether it can or can't, it's a question of whether a game coming in this hot had an option already built into the game all the way back in September to recognize when it was playing on Series X and enable 60 fps mode. If that's going to be a thing it seems like:

1) It would probably be added in a Day One patch given the combined state of 2077's development and the development tools available for the next gen consoles
2) CDPR would have been blatant and up front about a 60 fps mode existing on these games when played on next-gen consoles.

Given that, to my knowledge, they have never mentioned a 60 fps mode and didn't show 60 fps XSX footage in the recent trailer I'm going with Occam's Razor here and saying this person can't tell the difference between 30 and 60. It happens. But, hey, I'd love to be wrong.

Hmmm

Scarecrow216 comments on Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Hype Megathread! (reddit.com)

Big grain of salt offcourse. But last weeks i noticed people still have problems seeing a difference between 30 and 60fps haha

Yep. There was someone in one of the next-gen BC threads who thought AC: Odyssey had been patched to run in 60 fps because it felt so good.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
If the Day-1 patch is so transformative then what are they doing with reviewers?

Could be case of TW3 where reviewers need to have debug console so they can run uncerted day 1 patch early.

I assume there's no pre loads on pc? Or at least if you have gog version

Why there wouldn't be preload on PC, Steam & GOG?

GOG has done preloads for long time now.

What was the 70GB size then?

Size of the game when installed?

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Hobbes would you be able to check the version number for your install when you get a chance? You can see it in the manage game and add-ons page.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
I had the 100mb preloaded. I removed that. Did install again. It said first 82gb. Then when it started downloading it was 59gb.

probably compression. download is smaller because its compressed most likely. Thats common on PC at least. after its unpacked it has the proper size.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Hi Kyuuji -

Thank you for the response as I was also caught off guard by your comments in this thread.

However, I still feel like this reasoning comes off half-hearted and does a disservice to the stance you have staunchly taken elsewhere on Era. In fact, I actually canceled my pre-order based on the information shared so I am very much surprised you are still considering playing the game. The justification of you receiving a free code so you're money does not go to CDPR is a poor excuse - how many of your fellow members would love to be in that situation (especially those with canceled orders)? If you truly want to see how the game plays and case judgements, there will be plenty of reviews and streams to make your discernment, after all?

Further, what do you expect to get out of actually experiencing the game? Are you hoping to change your mind? If so, will you edit the mega thread after the call outs and initial blowback has already been done? We certainly did not give them the benefit of the date prior to release and I have a hard time believing anything in the game itself would erase previous insensitivity from CDPR.

I also bring this up based on a back and forth you are still having with another user in the stickied thread; I have a hard time seeing how both of your dialogues can come from the same point of view.

Thanks for reading and thank you again for helping bring awareness.
My primary stance has been that people should be vocally critical of the game despite being excited for it, and to engage with its issues. The criticism around people like LGBTQ+ streamers isn't that they like the game, it's that they're choosing to not aid in highlighting its issues in pushing for a future where CDPR doesn't feel content to mock or deride us. It's something that I'm pretty back and forth on after having had a code literally chucked at me with people wanting to see my thoughts on the game off the back of that post. The impetus for it in the first instance wasn't to start a movement – I literally mention how it's not a boycott, it was to push back on the wilful ignorance of most posters in threads prior to that in suggesting each was an isolated incident. I've posted before how it's a shit duality to have. You say how other members would love to be in my position – which I question – but I'm equally envious of people that have the opportunity to review the game with an audience and broadcast these issues which they, thus far, haven't. How envious do you think I am of people who are able to engage in this hobby without having mud thrown at their identities? Who don't have the frustration of being pogged about a game only to find the creators of it throwing shade at you and how you wrestle with that frustration.

So, honestly, no, I don't trust people reviewing the game to give an extensive breakdown of how trans themes are handled in the game and haven't been. In the same way I haven't been able to trust these same establishments to dive into how CDPR themselves have acted in the past comprehensively. There's little to edit in terms of the main thread either, since it's grounded in how CDPR acts and how they've been content to revel in transphobic aspects while leaving it intentionally ambiguous to trans people as to whether there's any validation in the game itself, and how much other nonsense they might have to put up with. As you say, there's little they can do to retroactively appease that but I'm still naturally curious to know how identities like mine are handled, and the depth to the negative actions that are there. I'm pretty sure I could offer a decent insight and grounding behind whatever else there is, and tie a knot in it.

This isn't some joyful free-for-all that you seem to take it as though. Writing the post wasn't a fun task re-immersing myself in the shit that has been cast our way, and discovering that there's more of it wouldn't be something I meet with glee. It is something that should be brought to light though, through one means or another, if it is there and being absorbed by the millions of people that it will be. So there's the contention. Which is why I resent CDPR because it's unecessary and trans people should be able to just enjoy games as many people here are, without feeling the onus to raise awareness of their issues and then mentally tussle about engaging with it as a consequence. So the position feels less why is a trans person engaging with it despite having issues with it, and more why the majority of people are content to engage with it while having no thought or voice behind those issues so that they might be remedied moving forward.

In regard the conversation in the thread I'm not really sure I see that juxtaposition. I was asked how I'd make the advert better and I've explained it's not that simple, but if it were how I'd address it and how there's little need for the route that they did take.

Last edited:

OmahaGTP

Dec 24, 2017
Anyone else's Best Buy CE's ship and get delivered? I just got my Xbox and Windows CE delivered (meant to cancel one, will return one). Did Best Buy goof up?

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else's Best Buy CE's ship and get delivered? I just got my Xbox and Windows CE delivered (meant to cancel one, will return one). Did Best Buy goof up?

Yea they shipped CE early. On Xbox you can play but you have to be offline, PC you can't do anything yet since it's just a code.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
If anyone needs any movie recommendations to get into hype-mode for this game, I created a thread for just that a while ago that will certainly help.

Here is my watchlist starting this Saturday:

Saturday, December 5th: Alita: Battle Angel/Dredd/Ready Player One

Sunday, December 6th: Strange Days/Robocop/Tron

Monday, December 7th: Johnny Mnemonic/The Matrix/Virtuosity

Tuesday, December 8th: Ghost In The Shell/Akira/Total Recall

Wednesday, December 9th: Blade Runner/Blade Runner 2049
Also:

🤘💯

Thanks for this overview! I'm going to catch up on some movies I suppose haha. Only watched both the Blade Runner movies.

also just arrived

Q3lAvgy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.