• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 20429

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm so tired. I swear every time I hear one peice of mildly good news for trans people, some high profile fucksticks have to go and ruin it.

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
are they trying to appeal to the 4chan crowd with that shit ?
It just feels like this M rated game is being made for edgy high school sophomores who stan Elon Musk.

Like, I'll try to avoid criticism of a game that isn't released yet but this is definitely the vibe that their social media team is giving. If you really want to show that you've embraced diversity and tolerance, then fix your social media.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
They know exactly who they're courting with this lmao.

9c2af7bf-c691-4256-8b0jss.jpeg

e3554a02-04f7-4aa2-aipk7o.jpeg

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
This never happened with the Witcher. It's not that hard to not fuck up like this. Just stop it.
It did happen with The Witcher, CDPR was just not big enough (nor the industry aware enough of issues pertaining to representation) that it all flew under the radar.
As a reminder, the first Witcher game literally turns women into collectible trading cards.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Eyes cannot roll any further back...

"Blah blah diversity is important to us blah blah"

*this tweet*

Who the fuck is their community manager and will they please have their ass fired? Fix your fuckin' culture, CDPR.

Oct 27, 2017
Just fire the horrible social media guy and delete the random comments they've been making, doesn't fit the game at all, it's an account for advertising.

Appealing to memers and burn is a marketing strategy.

It has been very successful so far, internet was lit-up with whoever can make a more ridiculous customize your genitals meme. You cannot plan on tweets going viral, but you can shoot as many times.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Am I the only one that seems to be missing why this is so particularly offensive? From what I've seen of the CP77 community, the fact you can customize genitals is largely seen as a positive feature. It's more a reference to the games' intense amount of player agency than anything else.

Which then folds into the gag of insisting FIFA 78 would be a bad game if it didn't have customizable genitals.

Obviously their social media accounts have posted some real bullshit in the past, and I'm not excusing any of that.

I'm just lost as to why this tweet in particular is threadworthy.
No you're not the only one. Been discussing this in another thread. My confusion mainly came from that I've completely missed the wishes from trans community to multiple different looking vaginas. As I originally understood people wanting representation was more about having any kind of genitals on any gender character and being able to mix features that are traditionally either seen as masculine or feminine, including voice which they botched by having it define the character's gender.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
No you're not the only one. Been discussing this in another thread. My confusion mainly came from that I've completely missed the wishes from trans community to multiple different looking vaginas. As I originally understood people wanting representation was more about having any kind of genitals on any gender character and being able to mix features that are traditionally either seen as masculine or feminine, including voice which they botched by having it define the character's gender.
Ooooooh now the controversy makes a lot more sense. tbh I have no idea what posssible vagina types they could add, but this puts the whole thing into another perspective.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
[reposting from the interview thread...]

It took me a minute to realize that was from the official account. Because it's just so absurd to come from a giant company like that.

It's just more evidence that they want to do the very minimum of virtue signaling while simultaneously winking to the bigots they want to keep buying their games.

Last edited:

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

e3554a02-04f7-4aa2-aipk7o.jpeg

I love that some people think "profile pronouns" is some gotcha and not the most benign thing in the world

For people who get so upset about identity politics they sure do tie their own identities to the silliest causes

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
I'm confused by the thread title, what criticism of the game was levied at CDPR here? (Genuinely curious, am I missing something?)

May 26, 2018
why would they dismiss this? there are multiple eyes, ears, noses, mouths, because there are different people... if penises can look different and have a size slider, releasing only one vagina type seems goofy as fuck? let people customize their characters

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
I'm hyped for the game but WHY WOULD YOU SAY THIS?!

It seems better to say "The devs will work to see if they can expand vaginal customization". Or something thats not as confrontational lol

AstoundingFox

Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Planning to pirate content
I don't know if I'll get banned for saying this but that's why I'm pirating the fuck out of this game.

SirSalabean

May 12, 2018
I'd like for Action to be taken to those mocking those who are hurt by their statements. I'm sorry if I upset people but I'd like to think this doesn't represent the whole of cdpr just that minority ruining it for the rest who are people trying to make a game people will enjoy

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Let this be enough for people in this thread who "don't get it". This is the type of people who they are appealing to, there is no feigning innocence anymore.

But jesus, I don't think about Era nearly as much as these people do and I actually post here, lmao.

Arctic_Fever

Aug 6, 2018
I'm in the other thread also, and I just want to point out that it would be more than just the trans community who would be interested in seeing a larger breadth of "vagina" representation(and not just pervy cishet dudes like me, either).

Also, for those who are still confused, just ask yourself 'Who is the target of this joke?' and 'What point is this joke trying to make?'

May 26, 2018
I'm confused by the thread title, what criticism of the game was levied at CDPR here? (Genuinely curious, am I missing something?)

just disappointment people could customize a character's dong but there's a vagina option with only a single selection, and some previewers felt disappointed about it

then the official PR team comes out with this dismissing a reasonable little criticism of wanting more selection... it seems purposelessly callous?? all they had to do was say nothing if they didn't care. just weird.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I remember after their first controversy I thought they would seize the opportunity to address and rectify the situation if only to avoid more bad publicity and embarrassment.

It turns out even that was hoping for too much. What disrespect.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Ooooooh now the controversy makes a lot more sense. tbh I have no idea what posssible vagina types they could add, but this puts the whole thing into another perspective.
I guess stuff like curved outer lips, prominent inner lips etc. Though someone who needs this probably can answer it much better than I do.

Deleted member 56266

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
just disappointment people could customize a character's dong but there's a vagina option with only a single selection, and some previewers felt disappointed about it

then the official PR team comes out with this dismissing a reasonable little criticism of wanting more selection... it seems purposelessly callous?? all they had to do was say nothing if they didn't care. just weird.

It would be great if the OP clarified this instead of providing no context. Appreciate it.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Are people aware that they usually cannot see the vagina? It's the vulva you see. Besides that, I am unsure how different sizes of the labia and/or clitoris could be properly displayed in video games while not being sexually explicit at the same time. Is Cyberpunkt that sexually explicit?

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are people aware that they usually cannot see the vagina? It's the vulva you see. Besides that, I am unsure how different sizes of the labia and/or clitoris could be properly displayed in video games while not being sexually explicit at the same time. Is Cyberpunkt that sexually explicit?
It lets you customise your penis, so yeah

Ahuitzotl

Jun 11, 2020
Didn't we already have this thread? Or was this posted in another cyberpunk discussion?
Still I don't know why the twitter account needed to post this rubbish

May 26, 2018
I just don't get why they posted this. This wasn't a huge issue. It was mainly people scratching their heads, kinda disappointed. It's not some big social thing AFAIK.

This makes it an even bigger issue. What's the point? Being shit to women?

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Working on pre-order cancellation now. Yeah, I put it off for far too long. I'm done.

edit: I'm happy this forum lives rent-free in some peoples minds. :D

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017

I didn't hear about that, that makes more sense. I assumed it was an under the radar middle finger to the voice-as-gender issue on the character creator. But then again whoever running this Twitter account is not bright enough to troll under the radar anyway.

Deleted member 23046

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Having to reach such low regarding communication isn't really engaging for the state of the final product.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Just fire the horrible social media guy and delete the random comments they've been making, doesn't fit the game at all, it's an account for advertising.

At this point I don't think I can be convinced that this just isn't a consequence of the larger company culture at CDPR.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I'm in the other thread also, and I just want to point out that it would be more than just the trans community who would be interested in seeing a larger breadth of "vagina" representation(and not just pervy cishet dudes like me, either).

Also, for those who are still confused, just ask yourself 'Who is the target of this joke?' and 'What point is this joke trying to make?'
Yeah I remember you =) I've missed the vagina option criticism completely. I just related this criticism to trans issues specifically as the first time I saw the tweet in OP it was said to be transphobic and I was only aware of the voice = gender fuck up they made (+ 2 earlier tweets). Not that women are asking for more different vaginas in games. I've seen people (some jokingly) ask for bulge sliders, as a response to breast sliders. But this is completely new ground I think, customizable labia.

Last edited:

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
if you can customize the male's counterpart to the extent it can, the female option should be comparable.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Yeah I remember you =) I've missed the vagina option criticism completely. I just related this issue to trans community specifically as first time I saw the tweet in OP it was said to be transphobic and I was only aware of the voice = gender fuck up they made. Not that women are asking for more vaginas in games.
It's really not hard to connect those dots as a two for one for them, especially with having never actually responded to the pronouns issue. It goes from people being critical of the character creator to them mocking people being critical of it, instead of actually responding in a manner that befits a company claiming to care about inclusivity and diversity.

May 26, 2018
How hard is it to give people unsrestricted customization options when that stuff is already built into the game? The devs are being dicks at this point.

I mean, they could've quietly built in a few more "models" without inventing a twitter snafu. Like, ok, it's an early build? Maybe all the options aren't in yet? Seems relatively easy to accommodate for with a huge AAA team like CDPR.

There's a "no vagina" option too, so it's not like the system isn't built for modularity. Instead they act like this and now there's a feud.

Dang, man. CDPR needs to slap their online public relations team or something.

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I have zero idea at this point it's really really childish though

Multiple penis options one vagina option. The problem is the lack of choice and this idea that there is only one perfect vagina. It's mysogonisitc and shitty. That's why it's a problem.

There's only 2 penis choices, circumsised or not. I mean what the hell, what games even bother to offer an option?

What vagina options you wanted? Circumsision of the vulva? I don't think that would fly well..

I'm shocked that circumsised penises are ok with everyone around here, it's not. It's a fucked up practice on young boys.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Reading some answers here it seems the discussion was led at some point already, but how are people imagine customization of sex?

tbh it's pretty absurd that you can customize the penis. I'd imagine that you barely see it, if ever in erected state in pants. Not sure how they want to implement that, sounds absolutely stupid urghs

but how would they supposed to present labia or clitoris customization? It's usually not something you could see through pants, even when aroused?

I'm still not sure if I understand the issue at hand. This whole tweet seems so random, so useless. Like, why even post that?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Shitty insensitive and dismissive joke is just that. One could try put into context of goofing about that FIFA stuff, but it does come across as very shitty commentary about feedback parts of community following CP77 has been putting out there. Latter impression at least to me being most prominant.

why would they dismiss this? there are multiple eyes, ears, noses, mouths, because there are different people... if penises can look different and have a size slider, releasing only one vagina type seems goofy as fuck? let people customize their characters

Not sure how much value you can put into this as he is Lead Quest Designer, but at least he has heard and acknowledged feedback on lack of vulvas.