Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
unvote

Don't want to risk the day ending prematurely.

Also, the fact that the thread is so quiet makes me nervous and reconsider my vote a bit... Something feels off. Should we still go with a Randomless flip? What do you all think?

To expand our horizon, why don't we post who we would be willing to vote for besides Randomless right now?

Here's my list of people I would be currently willing to place a vote on (same list as I wrote in another post earlier):
(Randomless)
Bojack
EvilChameleon
CaptainNuevo

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Also, the fact that the thread is so quiet makes me nervous and reconsider my vote a bit... Something feels off. Should we still go with a Randomless flip? What do you all think?
I think people are down because of Monkey leaving. I know I am, I've been refreshing the thread and not really wanting to say anything. Also, Random has basically accepted his death, and the runner up Bojack said he'd be gone. I don't think this is Dead Air, Dead Villager or anything like that.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I do think Random is scum. His reaction to Nat dying today just doesn't feel like a townie one. I need to think more about how I feel about Bojack. I do think the vibes he's given of since Nat flipped have been better than the ones I've gotten from Random. I still think Monkey is town.
Your previous mention of Rando read him as town, so can you elaborate on why that specific post triggered alarm bells for you?

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
Oh also a few folks mentioning the Coppa thing, it's not that I personally mind it other than I find it extremely hard to keep track of nicknames and think that it leads to a ton of confusion for new players/people who aren't really familiar with the nickname's origins to read and decide who I am.

I believe that the easier it is to read a post, the better it is for town.

RE Monkey's departure: I'm pretty confidently leaning town on that role spot more now. I think the constant ways she'd been on top of the scum votes there and doing detailed analysis into posts helps a ton, and I can't see scum!monkey doing that or dropping out in frustration. I'm sad to see that genuinely, if you're reading this Monkey it was fun playing with you for once!

To Everyone Else:

Please don't turbo. If you're confident you're going to be voting for someone by EoD, and it puts us close to a turbo, that's fine. Say it, make your intentions heard, blame me for you not putting pen to paper if you want. But don't turbo.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
I can't stay till EOD. I'll keep my vote on Ra, I don't think we can get by without solving that spot or it's going to hang over us for the rest of the game. I don't want to turbo either but we're still 2 votes out after my vote so someone else can unvote if they want to keep a cushion before the hammer.

Don't trust atoms. They make up everything.

Vote: Ra

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
My read of Random had diminished between that previous mention and Nat's flip. I found the defeated nature of Random's post following Nat's flip to be troubling considering how good of a position town is in.
Thanks. You read his disappointment as in the direction of the game, and not his own personal involvement in it? Do you think the fact that Monkey had SR and voted him in the interim had anything to do with his change in demeanor?

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sorry all---I'm trying to get amped up and more involved, but between work and how this day has gone, I'm kind of ready to be lazy, reset, and start anew D3 hopefully revitalized.

What's the best way to carve wood?
Whittle by whittle
Vote: Randomless

I'll be floating around if anyone has anything specific to discuss.

A Wild Shark Appears

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
Thanks. You read his disappointment as in the direction of the game, and not his own personal involvement in it? Do you think the fact that Monkey had SR and voted him in the interim had anything to do with his change in demeanor?
Maybe I'm clouded by my own personal biases, but when I think about what gets me down in mafia is the feeling of letting my team down, especially when I'm scum where you're more directly connected to your team. The way Random is acting reminds me of how I felt after I thought I had screwed over our team in The Thing Mafia.

OP
OP
MrHedin

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

Randomless (5 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #794 #980
Conditional-Pancakes - #904 #1,051
A Wild Ambulance Appears - #932
EvilChameleon - #1,016
BoJack Horseman - #1,043
Kopite - #1,062
Vincent Alexander - #1,066

Conditional-Pancakes (1 votes)
Zippedpinhead - #1,025

BoJack Horseman (0 votes)
anexanhume - #708 #775
Dr. Monkey - #711 #794
EvilChameleon - #832 #1,016

Not voting: Randomless, Dr. Monkey, CaptainNuevo, anexanhume, Conditional-Pancakes, LaunchpadMcQ

Post Counts:
Dr. Monkey: 139 LaunchpadMcQ: 62 Randomless: 58 anexanhume: 43 Vincent Alexander: 41 BoJack Horseman: 40 Conditional-Pancakes: 39 A Wild Ambulance Appears: 26 CaptainNuevo: 23 EvilChameleon: 22 Zippedpinhead: 16 Kopite: 10 Natiko: 10

Current Countdown:
ltkfkemf8m

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Maybe I'm clouded by my own personal biases, but when I think about what gets me down in mafia is the feeling of letting my team down, especially when I'm scum where you're more directly connected to your team. The way Random is acting reminds me of how I felt after I thought I had screwed over our team in The Thing Mafia.
I get that, but I had always assumed Rando was a better player than to wear emotions on his sleeve like that. That's why basing it on that post alone made me want to hear more.

I don't want to leave the day without a vote, and I'm not keen to turbo either. I am going to revert to my original vote, for better or worse.

Vote: Bojack

A woman is walking alone at night when a hooded man begins to follow her. She picks up the pace, hoping he'll fall behind. Instead, he matches his pace to hers, and she begins to panic.

She bursts into a full on sprint, soles slapping the cement. The man matches her speed, and as she turns to check the distance of her attacker, she catches an edge on the sidewalk and tumbles headlong into into a park bench.

Dazed, she tries to stumble to her feet, but the man has already grabbed her. He pulls back his hood to reveal that he is none other than Pope Francis!

"Go with God my child," he says, before calmly retreating into the night. It was a blessing in disguise.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
ok Randomless CaptainNuevo and Conditional-Pancakes Same question that I just asked Launch. why are you voteless?

I explained it here :)

unvote

Don't want to risk the day ending prematurely.

To expand our horizon, why don't we post who we would be willing to vote for besides Randomless right now?

Here's my list of people I would be currently willing to place a vote on (same list as I wrote in another post earlier):
(Randomless)
Bojack
EvilChameleon
CaptainNuevo

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
ok Randomless CaptainNuevo and Conditional-Pancakes Same question that I just asked Launch. why are you voteless?

I explained that already, I'm strictly against voting for Randomless. I received the clarification I was waiting for from Hedin, and I'm going to have to toe this line incredibly carefully, but I can say this:

I believe Randomless' claim 100%. I have very strong reason to believe that there exists a role named Fred Flintstone in this game, that they're town aligned, and lines up with his claim. I know a few things about how Fred Flintstone spends his days.

I also know that there's a very strong through-line in the town-aligned roles I know of:
Gomez Addams - The patriarch of the Adams Family, which had an animated film made by Hannah-Barbera
Fred Flintstone - Patriarch of the Flintstone family, which has an animated show by Hannah-Barbera.

My role lines up with this trend.

I'm aware this is extremely circumstantial, and going to be incredibly hard to get anyone to actually buy in and believe me at this point, but the situation was one that needed to be toed extremely carefully, and was murky enough I wasn't even sure I was allowed to bring up the trend in roles I noticed to begin with.

You want a vote? You got a vote. I'm all in Uncle Sam:

VOTE: Conditional-Pancakes

I need to read their posts more, but it's literally the only other name up here and I feel that strongly against a Randomless vote at this point. I'm literally only doing this to save someone I see as greenchecked personally.

What did the Hockey Player ask for at the diner?
Check, Please.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Or even to discuss... I noticed that except for VA and Launch, nobody really wanted to directly talk with me about the post I made here.
Yes, quiet near day end makes me nervous to. That usually happens when we're walking town to eliminatIon. However, if we're dealing with sole scum, they no longer have pull.

That would certainly help explain Randomless's defeatism is he is indeed scum.

I previously gave my reservations with Bojack, so went back to that as an alternative.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Yes, quiet near day end makes me nervous to. That usually happens when we're walking town to eliminatIon. However, if we're dealing with sole scum, they no longer have pull.

That would certainly help explain Randomless's defeatism is he is indeed scum.

I previously gave my reservations with Bojack, so went back to that as an alternative.

Good points.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
I explained that already, I'm strictly against voting for Randomless. I received the clarification I was waiting for from Hedin, and I'm going to have to toe this line incredibly carefully, but I can say this:

I believe Randomless' claim 100%. I have very strong reason to believe that there exists a role named Fred Flintstone in this game, that they're town aligned, and lines up with his claim. I know a few things about how Fred Flintstone spends his days.

I also know that there's a very strong through-line in the town-aligned roles I know of:
Gomez Addams - The patriarch of the Adams Family, which had an animated film made by Hannah-Barbera
Fred Flintstone - Patriarch of the Flintstone family, which has an animated show by Hannah-Barbera.

I'm aware this is extremely circumstantial, and going to be incredibly hard to get anyone to actually buy in and believe me at this point, but the situation was one that needed to be toed extremely carefully, and was murky enough I wasn't even sure I was allowed to bring up the trend in roles I noticed to begin with.

I need to read their posts more, but it's literally the only other name up here and I feel that strongly against a Randomless vote at this point. I'm literally only doing this to save someone I see as greenchecked personally.

Check, Please.
Ok, I'm curious. My flavor name is Carl Winslow. Does that fit into whatever you see going on? Does it not?

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
I would also be very content with a Bojack train. I find it weird that Bojack was willing to go against a Randomless vote though, I strongly feel that Randomless is an easy vote to go with for anyone not looking to raise eyes. Anyone going against it is going to raise eyebrows.

Also before I forget, my current top 2 Town:
Dr.Monkey (or whoever replaces in to this spot)
Randomless.

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I'm curious. My flavor name is Carl Winslow. Does that fit into whatever you see going on? Does it not?

You're a claimed power role.

My theory only has open data for vanilla roles at this point, so you go against it (the pattern should be pretty obvious based on what I listed in my post), but not in a way that doesn't fit the mold.

I can be extremely explicit about the perceived pattern if you want, but I also feel like it makes realistic role claims for scum much easier at this point.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland

Check, Please.
Thank you for injecting some novel discussion points, at least.

Randomless if you survive today, will that change your mind about being motivated to play?

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
You're a claimed power role.

My theory only has open data for vanilla roles at this point, so you go against it (the pattern should be pretty obvious based on what I listed in my post), but not in a way that doesn't fit the mold.

I can be extremely explicit about the perceived pattern if you want, but I also feel like it makes realistic role claims for scum much easier at this point.
I see the pattern now that you've said that, but I am 99% certain they have fake claims that fit that pattern. I don't think anyone would let their game fall apart on that. Otherwise, we could just ask everyone to flavor claim right here and solve the entire game.

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah sorry, I am town but I wasn't around. I had a work meeting that I almost cried in for reasons completely unrelated to this game. I will happily accept my death here.

If you last through today, will you replace out or still play? I genuinely think given the line I have demarcated you don't have to go out today.

Don't let a bad day at the quarry get you down.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
@Randomless if you survive today, will that change your mind about being motivated to play?
I don't think so, no. I've thought about it, like even if I scrape by and abuse my double vote to get someone else out, I'm still back in the same situation of having to prove myself. I have nothing to offer town this game. My reads have been atrocious. My votes have been bad. I haven't solved anyone. Maybe my death can redeem me a bit here by making it clearer for town who the next scum is.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I see the pattern now that you've said that, but I am 99% certain they have fake claims that fit that pattern. I don't think anyone would let their game fall apart on that. Otherwise, we could just ask everyone to flavor claim right here and solve the entire game.
On this I agree. Way too many dads out there to claim.

Randomless alternate question, if you survive but don't want to play, would you sub out in that case?

Also, game question - why hasn't Monkey been subbed in yet?

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017

I'd agree with that, but I'm not sure what the current trend in fake claims is at this point. If it's a list of names only? That would still require them to know the pattern to guess a claim correctly. If someone claimed a name like Carl Winslow as Vanilla? That stands out against it.

I'm not super sure on other roles in this pattern and how to judge those. But Fred I can say I am extremely certain is a role here.

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think so, no. I've thought about it, like even if I scrape by and abuse my double vote to get someone else out, I'm still back in the same situation of having to prove myself. I have nothing to offer town this game. My reads have been atrocious. My votes have been bad. I haven't solved anyone. Maybe my death can redeem me a bit here by making it clearer for town who the next scum is.

Did you see my post about why I believe you? Do you have any thoughts on it?

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
Have to step out for a bit, but I'll be back for the last hour of the day (going to mafia while phone interviewing someone, but I'm committed to preventing tragedy).

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
If you last through today, will you replace out or still play? I genuinely think given the line I have demarcated you don't have to go out today.

Don't let a bad day at the quarry get you down.
I don't know if I'd replace out but I'd start considering it. I had a really rough day at work and I'm gonna need to commit even more time to my job going forward, and that's already not worked out for me this game so I can't see it going well.

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
CaptainNuevo, I'm not sure about your intentions. Would you vote Random but don't do it because of the fear of a turbo? Would you rather like to vote elsewhere?

I will not vote Random and absolutely refuse to. I don't know how you could read my posts and think that I'm wary of a turbo on him.

I will vote anywhere else. I'm on you right now because it was the only open spot.

I will very easily vote Bojack, with the only thing giving me pause being that he was willing to stick out there against a Randomless vote.

I want to read more but I think I could also very easily be convinced on VA.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I don't know if I'd replace out but I'd start considering it. I had a really rough day at work and I'm gonna need to commit even more time to my job going forward, and that's already not worked out for me this game so I can't see it going well.
I'd put it this way. If you do survive, then further committing to this path would hurt town, so I'd ask that you replace.

General musing for all: if Randomless was scum and wanted to die, why not just open wolf and end the game if there's only three? Does it open the possibility back up there's 4?

I really hope this ain't emo wolfing again.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
Did you see my post about why I believe you? Do you have any thoughts on it?
Yeah I have seen multiple posts about this. I commented on it earlier, but I don't understand why you're doing this beyond being a nice person. I can't see the benefit scum would get from it, I don't know if I consider it a town tell either. I'm admittedly not thinking too hard right now though.