• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
dxmbannerbox9skxg.jpg

Developer: Marvelous First Studio
Publisher: Nintendo (NA/PAL) | Marvelous (Japan)
Platforms: Nintendo Switch
Release Date: September 13, 2019
Genre: Anime AF Armored Core Mecha Action + Mecha Monster Hunter Co-Op Missions

Demo: Yes, the Prologue Demo is just the proper opening chapter of the game + local mp and save progress carries over (download below)
Web eShops: EU | US | CA | AU | NZ | JP
Download File Size: 6241.12 MB + 227MB (1.0.2 Day-1 patch)
Global SKU: No, JP (HAC-AF6GA) + Western SKUs (HAC-AF6GB) are separated due to the different publishers
Text Languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese
VO Languages: English & Japanese
Surround Sound: Yes

Player(s): 1-4 local wireless + online
Gyro-Aim: Yes (optional, Y-invert bug from demo fixed in 1.0.2 Day-1 patch)
HUD Customization: Yes, the HUD is 100% completely customizable to the tiniest degree

Links: Review Thread | Prologue Demo Thread | NOE Developer Interview with producer Kenichiro Tsukuda

dxm_story92jpc.jpg
When the moon fell, mankind harnessed advanced AI to rebuild the world. However, the same disaster saw the arrival of the Immortals, an evil machine race who turned that AI against its masters. Hope for the future became a bitter battle for survival.
Now, an endless war rages between powerful consortiums and the Immortals in a fight to save humanity. Join the ranks of the Reclaimers – an elite group of mercenaries – and search for the secret of the Immortals before it's too late.
nswitch_daemonxmachin1ukhg.png

Here is a small prologue anime short that is not in the game so feel free to watch it on YouTube:

dxm_gameplay4sk5d.jpg

Daemon X Machina is a more arcade-like take on the Armored Core gameplay. Former AC Producer Kenichiro Tsukuda did not hide this game's design heritage. Fast movements, both on the ground and in the air, are key. It's all about high-octane action and mobility. Throughout the campaign, you'll get the chance to team up with other mercenaries and eventually recruit them and bring them along to your missions. Or don't. 'Cause some of the are the worst.

You can stack your Arsenal mech with weapons (including swords!) on both left and right arms and both shoulders as well. In fact, everything is about customization. You can customize almost anything in the game. From the controls the HUD to your Arsenal's bodyparts, look, and weaponry. It's worth noting that the HUD is indeed entirely customizable. You can disable, move, and resize 100% every HUD element. Controls are completely remappable with several presets available on top of three slots for your own custom configurations.

The launch/overview trailer summarizes things quite neatly:

dxm_multitbkro.jpg

There are special co-op missions that can be played either through local wireless or online with up to four players total. These missions can also be played solo with the remaining slots filled by NPCs using the recruitment function.

Weapons, armor, and cash earned here can be used in the campaign.

A PvP Mode will be added some time after launch.

##########################+++++X+++++##########################​

Use the [HIDE][/HIDE] tags to share your friend codes and Switch handles with others (or do it openly if you don't care to have them just out there) for some Era co-op! Only people who have posted in this thread can read what is in the HIDE tags.

ERA Friend Code Exchange:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
##########################+++++X+++++##########################

dxm_tips15j7k.jpg
Orbital Database - as the name suggests, a database for all things DxM. Loot, boss stats, missions, etc.

But your go-to resource for loot and equipment stuff should also be Seil's magnificent spreadsheet:
Seil's loot/other stuff spreadsheet

For anyone interested, I've been tracking a lot of stuff from the demo in this spreadsheet. The oldest part is the first page with some mission loot stuff which could be improved. Formatting in general could be better, but this has basically just been a detailed notepad lol. I have info on like 30 attachments so far, and unlock conditions for a lot of decals and titles, though they'll generally just happen naturally.

I also experimented with ice cream to figure everything out there, as in the following tweet:
@Seilaerion said:
Here's how ice cream works in DXM
ED2B02DWwAAQyLM.jpg
On ascension/descension, you can aim straight up or down to angle your boost instead. With gyro this is especially easy. Couple with the Wing Femto arm mode and you can ascend or descend extremely fast. Also, if you land while in flight mode at an angle you don't have a landing recovery time.

Femto Arms and Mirage are separate things, though you can't use the Arm modes while Mirage is active.

You have four states for the arms. You start in default, and can cycle between Assault, Wing and Shield. These modes change the red Femto tiles around your arm into different patterns. Assault looks like bracelets and increases outgoing damage significantly. Wing looks like wings and increases boost speed. Shield looks like large rings surrounding you and forms a barrier to block/reduce incoming damage. If you attack while in Wing or Shield mode you'll return to default. There may be other traits or drawbacks that I'm unaware of since the game's manual doesn't discuss these at the moment.

Femto Arms have limited duration, and there are icons for each mode to track this. By default they're under the Femto gauge in the HUD. They'll recharge while not in use, but they also rely on your total Femto, despite not draining it themselves. Your Femto gauge has three markers on it, and if you drain below these, your max duration for each Femto Arm mode will decreases by 1/3.

Mirage actually drains Femto, and so it'll be the main thing in the demo that reduces your gauge beneath these thresholds.

Edit: Simply having a Femto Arm mode active doesn't make it drain, but does prevent it from recharging. You have to actually be using the effect to drain it, such as firing while in Assault mode or boosting while in Wing mode.

Also the Snatcher is the second boss, the spider-like one is the Gunfort.

Different parts affect your weight, land/air movement speed, land/air boost speed and boost duration(stamina). So one set of parts may make you tanky but slow, while another makes you fast but with low defences. One body available in the demo actually has slow base aerial movement but very high aerial boost speed, even.

dxm_media9pk1k.jpg

ContentUniqueBongo-size_restricted.gif
ezgif-4-6f6ad5dc9722.gif

CqBIeG0.gif
pjgMxDW.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Tag me in a post if you find errors in the OP or would like something added in there that is helpful. I'll try to keep it updated since there's a LOOOT of stuff to dig through.

Also, use the [HIDE][/HIDE] tags to share your friend codes and Switch handles with others (or do it openly if you don't care to have them just out there) for some Era co-op! I'm compiling them in the "multiplayer "section of the OP in the green box. Only people who have posted in this thread can read what is in the HIDE tags.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'll pick this up tomorrow. Might not be the most appealing game coming out this month, but seems like good fun and I like me a good mech game.

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Super hyped for this since it was first shown off at E3 last year. Been a big fan of Armored Core since the PSOne days and this looks to scratch that itch.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Out of astral chain, link's awakening and this I actually want to buy this game next... Think i'll just do it

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Still plowing through Astral Chain, haven't even dug into FETH yet, and Link's Awakening is around the corner.... but man, I really want to get this eventually.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Still playing Blasphemous but I'm so ready for this. Loved the demo.

Is this a midnight launch or do I have to wait until tomorrow?

Seil

Oct 25, 2017
Nice OT. I'm planning on updating the data in the spreadsheet referenced in the tips section as I play the full version. Just gotta wait for that preload to unlock...

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Giant Armored Core fan and have been very excited for release since the reveal. And for other more secret reasons.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Great OT. Oh wow, I didn't know PvP was coming. That could potentially be fucking awesome.

Really want this, have 2 vouchers left. But I still have so much to play including Astral Chain, and there's still so much coming. I'm gonna try the demo with a friend over the weekend, if it clicks hard enough I may grab it. If not I'll wait and see how it develops.I'll definitely get it eventually.

NewAgeOfAces

Dec 5, 2017
Haven't even completed Three Houses or Astral Chain but this is still taking priority over everything and will definitely fill the void AC left.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Great OT. Oh wow, I didn't know PvP was coming. That could potentially be fucking awesome.

Really want this, have 2 vouchers left. But I still have so much to play including Astral Chain, and there's still so much coming. I'm gonna try the demo with a friend over the weekend, if it clicks hard enough I may grab it. If not I'll wait and see how it develops.I'll definitely get it eventually.
remember the demo is local only!

about the PVP, straight for the dev horse's mouth:

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Really nice OT! Hopefully I receive my copy tomorrow, barely played the new demo but it was a big improvement over the first one.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
remember the demo is local only!

about the PVP, straight for the dev horse's mouth:

Yeah I'm gonna have him come over. I wish it was online but oh well.

Damn I dunno how I missed that. If it's done right PvP in this game could potentially be REALLY awesome. Wonder how it will turn out.

sbdesignworks

Nov 2, 2018
Slowly going through the Demo now, getting to grips with it and liking it so far! Should be getting the collectors edition tomorrow...can't wait!

Oct 25, 2017
Just about to have a shower and go pick up my copy down under. So pumped.

Time to make my Hyaku Shiki

Last edited:

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
Ay, what customization have people made to their controls? I tried setting boost to L Analog click and it felt great until I realized my hands were hurting. I have it set now on L so I could boost and shoot right-hand weapon at the same time, but I'm not sure if this is such a necessary thing. I probably going to get an 8bitdo controller for this game as soon as possible.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Ay, what customization have people made to their controls? I tried setting boost to L Analog click and it felt great until I realized my hands were hurting. I have it set now on L so I could boost and shoot right-hand weapon at the same time, but I'm not sure if this is such a necessary thing. I probably going to get an 8bitdo controller for this game as soon as possible.
Boost to L instead of R helps a lot.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'll allow this thread title.

I wanted to get an early copy today but I'm gonna have to wait until tomorrow.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Nice OT.

I totally didn't know this game had a preorder bonus until like an hour ago. TheMoon maybe put the preorder bonus info in the OP (at least the part where you get the bonuses until 10/11 if you buy digitally)? I was planning to look into scooping one of those $49.94 Walmart copies, but both the existence of the preorder bonus and the fact that Brickseek is telling me that none of the Walmarts near me have it (usually new games are in the inventory system by the evening before release, maybe this one's just late). Amazon, Target, and Walmart don't advertise the preorder bonus at all, GS has like $10 shipping and I hate dealing with BB.

Given that digital purchases get the preorder bonuses until 10/11, I might change my plans to buying a digital copy before then, hopefully via some discounted eShop cards from Raise or something. I'm thinking that might be the best way to kill two birds (preorder bonus + cheaper copy) with one stone.

Still haven't played much of the Prologue yet though, on account of my Pro controller sticks being fucked. My 8BitDo SN30+ is coming in tomorrow, so I'll be able to dig in after that.

The game isn't even on the eShop top sellers list, which is a bit concerning, hope this game does well.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Nice OT.

I totally didn't know this game had a preorder bonus until like an hour ago. TheMoon maybe put the preorder bonus info in the OP (at least the part where you get the bonuses until 10/11 if you buy digitally)? I was planning to look into scooping one of those $49.94 Walmart copies, but both the existence of the preorder bonus and the fact that Brickseek is telling me that none of the Walmarts near me have it (usually new games are in the inventory system by the evening before release, maybe this one's just late). Amazon, Target, and Walmart don't advertise the preorder bonus at all, GS has like $10 shipping and I hate dealing with BB.

Given that digital purchases get the preorder bonuses until 10/11, I might change my plans to buying a digital copy before then, hopefully via some discounted eShop cards from Raise or something. I'm thinking that might be the best way to kill two birds (preorder bonus + cheaper copy) with one stone.

Still haven't played much of the Prologue yet though, on account of my Pro controller sticks being fucked. My 8BitDo SN30+ is coming in tomorrow, so I'll be able to dig in after that.

The game isn't even on the eShop top sellers list, which is a bit concerning, hope this game does well.
Oh those are still running? For some reason I assumed they'd run out along with the preorder discount today. Will add that in!

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Oh those are still running? For some reason I assumed they'd run out along with the preorder discount today. Will add that in!
Yeah, for NA digital purchases, you get the preorder bonus until 10/11.
WbaVE82.jpg

They mentioned the Prototype Arsenal and Prototype Plugsuit would be available to purchase later, but said nothing about the metallic plugsuit and weapons, which makes me think they're preorder exclusive.

Are you in EU? (I ask because the preorder discount you mentioned is EU only, not in NA.) You might want to check your local eShop to see if it differs for EU/other regions, I don't want to mislead people if the preorder bonus in EU/other regions is actually cut off at the release date and not a month later like in NA

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Psyched to jump in hard after work tomorrow.

Those gifs are amazing looking.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Yeah, for NA digital purchases, you get the preorder bonus until 10/11.
WbaVE82.jpg

They mentioned the Prototype Arsenal and Prototype Plugsuit would be available to purchase later, but said nothing about the metallic plugsuit and weapons, which makes me think they're preorder exclusive.

Are you in EU? (I ask because the preorder discount you mentioned is EU only, not in NA.) You might want to check your local eShop to see if it differs for EU/other regions, I don't want to mislead people if the preorder bonus in EU/other regions is actually cut off at the release date and not a month later like in NA
Already added to OP :)

Yea the digital bonus runs till October 10 everywhere, just checked. Thanks for pointing that out!

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'm sad I didn't get Those because I went physical but looking forward to the game tomorrow... probably not till the afternoon due to where I am on the delivery route though

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Planned to get this tomorrow but some bank issues happened. Gonna have to wait a week :(

Also tried a different control scheme in the demo that I saw mentioned elsewhere. Right and left weapons on L and ZL, Fly on R, Boost on ZR, Speed Femto on B. Works beautifully for me.

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Saw a gamespot video with an auxiliary part that's basically zero shift and lets you warp for a big chunk of stamina, can't wait to get my hands on that

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I'm sad I didn't get Those because I went physical but looking forward to the game tomorrow... probably not till the afternoon due to where I am on the delivery route though
You can get the Prototype Arsenal and Plugsuit later as paid DLC. It's just the Metallic stuff that's looking to be exclusive.
Also, you should be getting the preorder bonus if you're in NA, it's only in EU that it's digital only, dunno where you're at

The NA vs EU differences for the preorder stuff is weird. EU gets a 10% discount if you preorder it digitally while NA doesn't. EU only gets the preorder bonus if you buy it digitally, while physical preorders in NA get it too (although only a few of the retailers bother to mention it). Weird stuff. NoA and NoE are usually more on the same page with this kinda stuff.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
You can get the Prototype Arsenal and Plugsuit later as paid DLC. It's just the Metallic stuff that's looking to be exclusive.
Also, you should be getting the preorder bonus if you're in NA, it's only in EU that it's digital only, dunno where you're at

The NA vs EU differences for the preorder stuff is weird. EU gets a 10% discount if you preorder it digitally while NA doesn't. EU only gets the preorder bonus if you buy it digitally, while physical preorders in NA get it too (although only a few of the retailers bother to mention it). Weird stuff. NoA and NoE are usually more on the same page with this kinda stuff.
Sadly Amazon doesn't mention it

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Should receive my LE sometime today. Excited to play it again, found the E3 demo terrific except obvious early build stuff. Can't wait to play it again soon!

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Sadly Amazon doesn't mention it
Amazon US? Yeah, in the US, only Best Buy and GameStop mention the bonuses, even though the official website implies that all of the major US retailers (Amazon, BB, GS, WM, Target) should be getting it. IDK, maybe they'll silently send out some codes in a few days. The fact that Amazon doesn't mention it and I'm not gonna mess with BB or GS is the main reason why I'm going digital

Cool Custom HUD

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
HYPE! Still making my way through Astral Chain but getting this too because I want to support more Scifi games and new IPs. Great OT!

Reposting my HUD from the other topic to show how customizeable and scaleable everything is.
EEL86KgU0AAZpUG.jpg:large

Saw a gamespot video with an auxiliary part that's basically zero shift and lets you warp for a big chunk of stamina, can't wait to get my hands on that
HNNNNNG that's exciting.

This is my current control setup:
4VNYBqX.jpg
Thanks for sharing this I'm still working on my HUD and UI and controls. I'll test some of these suggestions out.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Amazon US? Yeah, in the US, only Best Buy and GameStop mention the bonuses, even though the official website implies that all of the major US retailers (Amazon, BB, GS, WM, Target) should be getting it. IDK. The fact that Amazon doesn't mention it and I'm not gonna mess with BB or GS is the main reason why I'm going digital
Oh in that case it may be a first run code that's in case then. Plus Amazon sucks at updating what they consider minor release pages. It's not a big deal though, I wouldn't pay for it considering by the time it's paid I'll have way better gear XD

Seil

Oct 25, 2017
Oh in that case it may be a first run code that's in case then. Plus Amazon sucks at updating what they consider minor release pages. It's not a big deal though, I wouldn't pay for it considering by the time it's paid I'll have way better gear XD
Yeah, they might have it. The Nintendo site was kinda unclear since it said select retailers, though the purchase button linked to the major ones. Since Amazon didn't update their page to clarify, I wound up canceling my pre-order from them and redeeming a voucher lol.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
The website says the code will be on the receipt, so I wouldn't expect to find a code in the box, but maybe Amazon will stealthily send out the codes in a few days. Like I said, who knows.

Seil

Oct 25, 2017
The website says the code will be on the receipt, so I wouldn't expect to find a code in the box, but maybe Amazon will stealthily send out the codes in a few days. Like I said, who knows.
Amazon codes are usually sent via email the day before or day of release. But yeah, who knows what'll happen.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Just bought my digital copy. Got a $50 eShop card for $42.78 on Raise, so that + gold coins means I got it for cheaper than Walmart's $49.94 copies of Switch games, even if they somehow get in copies tomorrow, which is looking increasingly unlikely. I probably would have gotten screwed out of a Walmart copy anyways, just like with Astral Chain. Plus I get the preorder bonus. Plus I don't have to go to Walmart, which is good because I really dislike my local Walmart.

Amazon codes are usually sent via email the day before or day of release. But yeah, who knows what'll happen.
I've had preorder bonus codes come a few days later if they bungle it, and not even listing them on the product page isn't a good sign, so I wouldn't be surprised if the codes are late in this case (if Amazon customers do end up getting them at all)