Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
This is a bummer, but it's been quite awhile since they've released anything, so they've been figuratively done in my mind for quite awhile.

Nov 21, 2019
I'm still holding out hope for some sort of reunion down the line. Maybe when the world has settled down because I know those two are family men now.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
I still use their Homework album to test out the bass for my headphones. Revolution 909 is so good

Their albums were always the first songs to go on my phones whenever I upgrade. Damn this is sad lol

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ayXRMop_700b.jpg

Basquiat

alt account
Banned
Apr 2, 2020
But why? If they're not releasing anything now then what's the point of the announcement? It's not like they've been active for a while now.

Nov 27, 2017
California
:(
What a beautiful epilogue, what a legacy they've had
I'll miss them and stupid Disney took forever on a new tron that they might not have done a soundtrack before they broke up

CobaltBlu

Nov 29, 2017
It's sad but I'm okay with it. They will leave a great legacy. No need to continue on producing if they aren't into it.

Oct 25, 2017
they must really not be fussed anymore if they don't want do a lucrative world tour One More Time. good luck to them with that they do next, some of Thomas' solo stuff is cool.

Oct 27, 2017
Still a huge fan of this throwback club banger from them. Used to bounce this in my red Sony Walkman CD player at the end of high school!

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
Was never a huge Daft Punk fan growing up (always liked Around The World and Interstella though) but I LOVE the soundtrack to Tron Legacy. Easily my favorite thing they've done.

This is a bummer but they're leaving behind some really great work.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Discovery is one of my favorite albums ever, basically my gateway into electronic music.

I'm glad neither of them are done with music for good or anything, but I just wish they could have dropped a goodbye album or announced a post-covid farewell tour, I would love to see them live.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I remember when owning a Daft Punk helmet was like, something every aesthetically inclined high school kid wanted.

I kinda still want one for no other reason than they're so damn cool.

Kaban

Oct 25, 2017
Man... this is the first band breakup that hits me a little different. What a powerhouse.

Also, as much as I love Discovery, I gotta post this as one of their best songs. It's perfectly distilled nostalgia, and feels right in this moment.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
so fucking sad, i wish they would have done at least one more album :(
they've been my favourite music group during my whole adolescence. even if it's been a couple years i can't believe we'll never get to hear more music from them.

top 5 songs for me

1. face to face
2. touch
3. aerodynamic
4. revolution 909
5. something about us/digital love

maybe they will continue to make solo stuff? i really enjoyed some of the stuff bangalter put out by himself

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The album scalping has already begun. I should have bought the Alive boxset years ago.

Nov 1, 2017
One of the acts on my bucket list that I never got to cross off. This one hurts. Really hoping a reunion tour at some point comes to fruition, even if I'm an old man by then.

AMAGON

Prominent Member
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
so fucking sad, i wish they would have done at least one more album :(
they've been my favourite music group during my whole adolescence. even if it's been a couple years i can't believe we'll never get to hear more music from them.

top 5 songs for me

1. face to face
2. touch
3. aerodynamic
4. revolution 909
5. something about us/digital love

maybe they will continue to make solo stuff? i really enjoyed some of the stuff bangalter put out by himself
That's a good list

napkins

Nov 18, 2017
was hoping for another alive. least i was there for it in 2007. don't like how things end