• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Both the GB and the GBA emulators, despite being made by different teams, both have the same problem: the screen is too dark, even when compared to an original non-backlit GBA. Besides that, M2 did a good job I guess (as expected from them), I was more directing that towards the GB/GBC emulator for the 3DS.
I feel like that also may have had to do with the general direction of how Nintendo handled the Wii U Virtual Console as a whole. Everything was weirdly dark and had a filter. I'm hoping for GBA, that is all addressed when it happens.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Speculating, these two make the most sense:
Game Boy - Nintendo Switch Online, which would contain Game Boy, Color, and Advance games.
Nintendo 64 - Nintendo Switch Online

GameCube, Wii, and DS/3DS games are candidates for HD stand-alone releases a la The World Ends with You Final Remix.

Right. Okay. Keep the dream alive, I guess.
My thoughts exactly, though I imagine a lot of GameCube and Wii games will see simple emulated releases on Switch with a bumped up resolution. DS and 3DS are certainly possible too, Nintendo could sell a JoyCon cradle that holds the system on its side like that one third party device but have it specifically aimed at DS and 3DS.
Anyways, they can easily charge $20~ for GC, Wii and 3DS games and maybe like 10-15 for DS.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Believe it when I see it.

edit: Also I hope some of y'all are pre-emptively preparing yourselves for a possible $10 annual subscription price increase with SNES being added.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Happy to hear SNES is being added. I wasn't expecting the wait to be that long, but if it's as early as before summer then it's really quick.

Radline

Oct 28, 2017
Not that bad of a list since I'd have some SNES games I never tried/beaten before, and I'd feel happier with NSO by having these games (though of course it'd be a slow trickle per month). I'm bias since I have no interest in trying/replaying NES games though.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Cool, I am pleased

But when Nintendo, when are these how many months do I have to wait? You could ya know drop them soon whilst I don't have much to play before all the big games start releasing and I no longer have time for them.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'd be more into this if they had some proper options like the NES and SNES classic.

Instead it forces you to use a shorty 2005 polka dot gradient border and permanently has the suspend and start/select prompt on the screen.

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
I'll subscribe once SNES games are made available. That list is awesome, although the lack of Final Fantasy is a bummer.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
I don't see Donkey Kong Country, Earthbound, DQ, FF or Castlevania :'(. Its a good start but knowing Nintendo, this will come out in 2022.

Edit: See it was for 2019. How about GBA games too Nintendo.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Did I miss something? Did the list have dates or something associated with them? Or is the OP just speculating about these being all the online SNES games for 2019?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Anyways, they can easily charge $20~ for GC, Wii and 3DS games and maybe like 10-15 for DS.
DS game would definitely be $10 USD (that's how they priced them on the Wii U Virtual Console), and likewise Wii games would be $20 USD. I could see 3DS and GameCube being around $16, a bit more than the DS games but a bit less than the Wii games.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
DS game would definitely be $10 USD (that's how they priced them on the Wii U Virtual Console), and likewise Wii games would be $20 USD. I could see 3DS and GameCube being around $16, a bit more than the DS games but a bit less than the Wii games.
They could charge $15 bucks for DS games and justify the price by upping the resolution.

Dambrosi

Oct 25, 2017
You can't hack the Super FX games to run smoothly (hell, you can't use Haxchi2 at all) on the NSO, nor does this list have any Earthbounds or Castlevanias or Final Fantasies (yet), so the SNES Classic is still worth buying even after this. Not saying playing Contra 3 online co-op will be a waste of time, though.

And yay for Goemon. Hey, fan translators - hack the Goemon sequels already, you cowards.

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
To be fair it really was a fun game to play. So charming, too!

It really doesn't get the love it deserves. Look at how cute they are!

hqdefault.jpg

Oct 30, 2017
Nintendo better not charge more

I have a bad feeling they will have multiple subscription models.
Current price for online + NES games
A bit more for additional SNES

Oct 25, 2017
There's nothing that suggested that's a 2019 list, it's just localization strings in the app. Meaning there might be more later or perhaps this will never come to fruition (doubtful). Can't tell for sure but all it indicates is that they're at least working on SNES games.

Very little of that list is surprising either. Nearly all are currently available on Wii U's VC. Interesting ones include:
  • Yoshi's Island - SNES version never released on VC (GBA version did). It did release on the SNES Classic though. Super FX game.
  • Stunt Race FX - Never re-released. Super FX game.
  • Starfox - Re-released only on SNES Classic. Super FX game.
  • Starfox 2 - Released only on SNES Classic. Super FX game.
  • Super Mario All-Stars - Re-released only as a collector's edition disc on Wii.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
They could charge $15 bucks for DS games and justify the price by upping the resolution.
You know what, somehow I could totally see them doing that. It would be even more scummy considering the Wii U DS emulator did have the ability to, not just upscale the games, but increase the native resolution and upscale the pixel art

they just didn't let people use it without homebrewing their systems. I'm sure they would love to charge people for the ability to turn that feature on.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would Nintendo change the price of NSO barely a year later?

EDIT: Correction, NSO is only a few months old.