• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ash32121

Oct 27, 2017
The guy who designs Boreus must hate fun. "Oh, I'll give him a shield that can only be damaged after you kill mobs, each only count for 1 hit at a time." God damn if it isn't infuriating to solo the thing.
Edit: also please inv me: ash32121

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
The guy who designs Boreus must hate fun. "Oh, I'll give him a shield that can only be damaged after you kill mobs, each only count for 1 hit at a time." God damn if it isn't infuriating to solo the thing.
No one likes Boreus but it does have a very small pool of health you just gotta get through its stupid armor modes

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Boreus is the result of someone adding "adds phase" from MMO/RPG bosses to a monster hunter game with awful results.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
So the Elite Bundle is just a way to "buy levels" that I hear about with other games, right? I've never bought a battle pass so I don't quite understand all the nuances, ha.

Korezo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played and paid for the Alpha a while back, how can I get my account info, I forgot it. The site keeps sending me to epic log in.

Hero Prinny

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any plans to add a lock on button? Idk if its cause the game is at 30fps on consoles but it can be a bit difficult to keep track of the monster when its running around everywhere on the xbone, a problem i didnt have with mh:w on pc even when I'm not using the lock on

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Did who? Did I miss a stream or something that Phoenix Labs had?
Wrong thread lol
Anyone know what time weekly reset is for the Quests?
I don't know, I forgot to do the Terra Patrols for the weekly, I speed run this now ah ah ah.
Server issues? Spent 5 minutes waiting for a match, couldn't cancel, now I can't relog.
Didn't notice anything

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Hey, so what do you do once you're in the town after you get back from the tutorial?
No one seems to have anything to say, and there are no obvious objectives. I don't mind not having a constant quest marker, but just wondering if I'm missing something.

Also does anyone else have messed up UI controls on PS4? Specifically for X and O.
It makes navigating the menus very confusing, as sometimes X is confirm, sometimes O (even though it always prompts X).
The same issue means I can't leave the store menu at all (gets stuck in a buy/cancel loop), and have to quit the game.
Maybe it's because I've got a JP PS4, but I haven't had this issue with any current gen game.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Perhaps already posted (from redit)

m4yrpf5uz7131.png

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Got through tutorial, cutscene, loading screen, connection lost. Started me completely over from scratch as if I never did the tutorial. -__-

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what clans features they will add (like clan efforts t o unlock things) but I'd like to join just in case.

IGN: Ploid

Siegmeyer

Nov 2, 2017
Are there any plans to add a lock on button? Idk if its cause the game is at 30fps on consoles but it can be a bit difficult to keep track of the monster when its running around everywhere on the xbone, a problem i didnt have with mh:w on pc even when I'm not using the lock on

You can click L3 to instantly focus the camera on the monster. They really should have mentioned this in the tutorial as it's super useful, especially against monsters who run around a lot. Also really handy when trying to revive teammates to look to see if you're about to get hit without having to move your thumb from the revive button to the right stick.

ph1l0z0ph3r

Oct 27, 2017
When you see a random with a full Valymor set and Umbral weapon heading into Riftstalker you know its going to be a bad time.

Oct 27, 2017
Starting to get the hang of the armor system and the Cells. I'm mixing up my armor pieces now for a straight up DPS build, no defensive Cells if I can help it and offensive perks from the armor pieces. Thundering Maul is my favorite hammer so far due to shock effects on Behemoths, +20% bonus damage on head hits and of course the stagger potential from hammers.

UpMwAnd.jpg

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
Getting the absolute worst teammates this morning. I'm not a pro by any means but between those who spend the whole hunt afk at spawn and those who use their 3 syringes in under 5 minutes and then leave... I'm not having a great time.

Anyone else have problems with the quest "Alchemical reactions"? I did 8-10 missions and only have 2/50 dodges.
You have to dodge through attacks, not away from them.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
I normally do that because I know how the iframe system works (unlike 95% of random players), but it seems to count pretty inconsistently.
It makes a woosh sound and you get some yellow particles flying up when you do it successfully.
Embermane is probably the easiest to test this on with his charges.