• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's with the callout? Are those no sexually harrased women whose experiences he can dismiss?

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck off Jaffe. People called you out on your bullshit when you whined that Milo got banned and now you're playing the victim when we're not having any of it. What an embarrassment.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
jaffe: "I think all these toxics shit heads should be allowed to speak their opinions freely at all times."
Era: "nah man, they're bad and their rethoric hurts people."
jaffe: "oh no you can't have that opinion."
Spot on.

Jaffe is a hypocrite at best and a disingenuous piece of shit at worst. He's catering to a very specific audience with what he's been saying and putting out there, especially of late. If he wants to aline himself with assholes like Milo and pander to the morons that still have no clue what the fuck "freedom of speech" actually is, that's on him. Just don't expect those of us with more than two brain cells to buy into his disgusting and pathetic attempts to cling to relevancy.

In short: Fuck off, Jaffe.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I mean no, not really. Some of you guys will do anything to justify giving actual monsters a voice even if it actively hurts so many people.

Honest question. How do you decide who is a monster, and who gets to make that decision? It seems to me that someone or something will always be in control and pushing a certain agenda. It's really interesting to think about.

okayfrog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He is mad because many people on resetera are very reactionary. To be fair to them, most people here are social liberals, so defending anyone in the alt right would be unacceptable regardless of the reason.

For me, its just confusing why Jaffe would be so offended at something that he should have known would happen. Giving defense to Milo on twitter of all things, without any explanation besides giving a link is bound to cause controversy.
I don't really understand the bolded (the bolded being the second sentence, if it isn't showing up bolded on your screen (it isn't on mine)). Defending anyone in the alt-right is unacceptable because the alt-right are literally white supremacists. And if someone says that's not what the alt-right is, remind them of who the originator of the term is.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to watch it in an incognito tab so it didn't mess up my video suggestions.

I can't tell if he's just this dense or he's knowingly playing up the victim angle to try to build a gamergate fueled streaming network, because so many others have gone down that route lately. He sounds like someone who has never read a ToS agreement before and suddenly thinks that it's unheard of that you signed away your right to say whatever you wanted. If Milo or any deplatformed individual felt they had a legitimate case of being unfairly treated then they would be suing the platforms for unreasonably applying their ToS. But they're not, because they know that they were likely breaking the ToS and were pushing the limit of what the platforms viewed to be acceptable content when they signed up their accounts.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
What does "reactionary" mean to you?

piling on someone without actually thinking about what they are saying. He made a decent point and it was completely overshadowed because he defended a failing alt right icon of all people. If he had made the tweet about free speech in general, it would have likely gone over better.

I don't have a clue what you're talking about. Would you care to elaborate?.

The poster i was talking with said corporations have the right to shut down whoever they feel like. I disagree, especially when it comes to people supporting social equitable causes like Kaepernick getting shut down due to the corporation in question being actively hostile

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
If he wants to discuss, why doesn't HE create an account here?

It's not like Resetera is a place closed to the public.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's one thing to hold somebody accountable, it's an entirely different thing to have the reaction ResetEra did.
Milo is a pedophile defender, a GamerGater, a homophobe, a transphobe, and so much more. Jaffe got scorned for saying that type of person still deserves "free speech" and a platform while stating that this country is suffering because we're shutting these people down. It was beyond a stupid thing to say.

SideMatt

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They will hurt people regardless. Whether you believe in something or are a hypocrite is important though.
Lol this is the same stupid shit people say about gun control. Deplatforming works, but even if it didn't, why would you bother fighting FOR these awful people since it could only make their potential to harm even greater?

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
They will hurt people regardless. Whether you believe in something or are a hypocrite is important though.

Ah this is proving to be false. Since being deplatformed from youtube/twitter Milo hasn't been able to spew out much hateful rhetoric to the masses. So if they are hurting people, it is in a much smaller scale now.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If he wants to discuss, why doesn't HE create an account here?

It's not like Resetera is a place closed to the public.

These free speech warriors are always terrified to actually discuss their ideas in a moderated environment because they're incapable of not either losing their shit and insulting people or resorting to offensive bigotry.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Hey Dave, while we got your attention, what was the source of Kalypso's powers in the original Twisted Metal universe?

Was he the first X-Man? Deal with the devil? Evil genie? Could have been revealed at some point or I've forgotten.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
This thread will go places...

I thought Jaffe left gaming like few years ago. Why endulge in his quest to discover himself? Let him figure out who he wants to be. Until then: shitting on him, for him, at him, against him, just covers you in shit. Eww.

Oh, Hi Jaffe! Keep doing you, and stay out of games like you said because you clearly need some self-discovering. Life must be hard being a centrist, trying to please everyone and yet no one. Do you still swear? Of course you do. Keep doing you. Love, me.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
So here is the thing. If you fuck up you own it you genuinely apologize and do better you don't get defensive dig in and play the sympathy card cause eeeeveryone is ganging up on you. Jaffe isn't sorry or else he would have taken the criticism done his research on Milo and possibly came back and been like "Yeah, I was wrong this guy is way worse than I thought he was." Instead he is busy getting into petty fights with people on twitter and calling out ERA users. He can fuck off.

I mean, the user you're replying to uses "triggered" as shorthand for "liberals disagreeing". Just saying.

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
It's always amazing and truly boggles my mind how when people complain about freedom of speech and then get super upset when they get roasted for shitty ass opinions. He's not even debating in good faith on Twitter.

RPGamer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phantom Thief really got Jaffe mad lmfao

I think he just answered to PTs post and wanted to discuss it directly with him

Okay Jaffe, since you are clearly reading this thread, tell me: how is listening to someone who wants gay people, POC, women, trans-people, and muslims (among others) to stop existing going to make me a critical thinker? Tell me that in your next video, I'm eager to see why you think so much that listening to Nazis and white supremacists (and actual pedophiles in Milo's case) will help us be better critical thinkers, since you claim to not subscribe to any of these ideals yourself.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I don't really understand the bolded (the bolded being the second sentence, if it isn't showing up bolded on your screen (it isn't on mine)). Defending anyone in the alt-right is unacceptable because the alt-right are literally white supremacists. And if someone says that's not what the alt-right is, remind them of who the originator of the term is.

I don't mean defending their odious beliefs. I mean defending their right to speak about them. Its easy to say hate should not be tolerated, but when it comes to hate speech, a lot of things could be classified as hate...Marc Lamont hill comes to mind. And you can say CNN had the right to shut him down, but i would argue that the principle of speech says otherwise

Jul 24, 2018
Sure you can say whatever the heck you want just don't expect everybody to stomach it, like someone else mentioned earlier, official social media platforms are free to ban you when you are deliberately breaking their rules of conduct.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Is Destiny for deplatforming Milo?

If so, get them to debate each other. Someone put them in contact.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Milo should be free to spread his hate wherever he wants.

People shouldn't post on resetera about hating things that Jaffe says.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how amplifying abhorrent views and trying to negate them on the backend would make more sense than just equipping people with the tools to see through views like that, in case they encounter them.

Also, you can say what you want but that doesn't mean I should share my megaphone with you. I'd go further and say you also share responsibility if you choose to do so.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
piling on someone without actually thinking about what they are saying.

Again, please consult a dictionary.

The poster i was talking with said corporations have the right to shut down whoever they feel like. I disagree, especially when it comes to people supporting social equitable causes like Kaepernick getting shut down due to the corporation in question being actively hostile

Oh, so believing "corporations shutting someone for being a Nazi" =/= "corporations shutting down someone for protesting racism" is "hypocrisy". Good to know.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
"It's just an opinion."
"No harm can come from one persons opinion"
"This isn't China"

No thanks Jaffe.

SideMatt

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hi David, big fan! I was just wondering how you can have Forty-Five thousand followers on twitter and still manage to get about six likes tops on these tweets? Half of them are even at zero.

Open to debating how that's physically possible. Maybe we'll find a compromise!

Status
Not open for further replies.