• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Banana Aeon

Oct 30, 2017
Good point but that's not a fault of the customer, they can make it look as good or bad as they want it to. I would rather have less costumes with more customization honestly. Are they at least going to allow pallet swaps for each costume? What sorts of accessories other than glasses can we use?
Oh no, I agree with you. I'll take worse looking models for deep customization. It's the only reason why I play Soul Calibur. But that is the reasoning on why they aren't including it, and I think it's pretty reasonable.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
All costumes coming with the game (excluding preorder or DLC costumes):

So Christie's raunchy dominatrix costume is indeed coming with the base game, everyone can take a big breath of relief, lol.

giphy.gif

ryu_highabusa

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
Kwiggle is having a really good stream of DOA6 going through all the characters moves(I think he started yesterday) and checking out quest mode. Tina is OP lol. Worth re-watching if missed.
How is Tina op? All she got in 6 were three new throw animations (7K hitthrow and two air throws) and a bunch of nerfs. I don't understand.

From Koei Tecmo Europe, they were answering questions in Emperor Cow's stream.
This the the demo I think, it's the old one but they changed the name:
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4108-CUSA14563_00-DOA6ONLINEBETA00
It is. Tried to download it and it just launched the old client, which shows an updated title card. I guess the 8GB beta download did include all the other characters and whatnot, which would account for the filesize.
Edit: oh, there's a patch nm

Last edited:

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
It is. Tried to download it and it just launched the old client, which shows an updated title card. I guess the 8GB beta download did include all the other characters and whatnot, which would account for the filesize.

I swear if the full game could easily be around SC6 size (13gb) but some stupid fucking cutscene file sizes are the reason its 28gb...

Oct 25, 2017

DOATag

Oct 25, 2017
Canada, eh?
As much as I love Giantbomb, it has always annoyed me slightly how they have so little understanding or care for how the DOA games work. Jeff/Jason for being such big fighting game fans have no understanding of even basic concepts, such as a rising attack, its disappointing

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Sucks that this is again Playstation Plus only... Last time I used my free trial period for the beta, now I'd have to actually subscribe to PS Plus...

In the Giantbomb video they went into the menu, so you can turn on/off:
hit effects, dirt, sweat and water, violence and softness. Softness is of course the infamous breast bounce. Natural means it's on, unnatural means it is off. No other options.
There also was a graphics or framerate option on PS4 Pro. Weird, didn't they say it is 1080p on the Pro anyway? I wonder what graphics are actually improved. If Digital Foundry isn't looking into this, and I don't think they will, we will probably never know, lol.

As much as I love Giantbomb, it has always annoyed me slightly how they have so little understanding or care for how the DOA games work. Jeff/Jason for being such big fighting game fans have no understanding of even basic concepts, such as a rising attack, its disappointing

They in general didn't seem to care. I mean, they got a preview/review copy and decided to make this video and didn't even inform themselves beforehand when and for what platforms the game releases. They are game journalists, being informed about that is their job, no? It would be the first thing I would look up.

Nuri

Jan 4, 2018
How is Tina op? All she got in 6 were three new throw animations (7K hitthrow and two air throws) and a bunch of nerfs. I don't understand.
Her throws do a remarkable amount of damage. Combined with either wall damage or danger zone damage and she can do 75% to kill in a 4 hit combo. Kwiggle was shocked after testing her moves. I for one think she is ok but her throws do, do a lot of damage even compared to Bass.

Last edited:

Kuksune

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Sweden
Her throws do a remarkable amount of damage. Combined with either wall damage or danger zone damage and she can do 75% to kill in a 4 hit combo. Kwiggle was shocked after testing her moves. I for one think she is ok but her throws do, do a lot of damage even compared to Bass.

Damn! That's a crazy amount of damage.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Day 1 patch

• Bug fixes and game balancing
  • Nyotengu, Phase 4 added (requires unlock DLC+patch to activate)
  • Lobby Match mode added
  • "Throwdown Challenge"(battle invite) feature added
  • Re-match enabled on Ranked match
  • Additional costumes (requires unlock DLC+patch to activate)
  • Additional BGM (requires unlock DLC+patch to activate)

Whatever Shimbori meant with "expressivity" sure doesn't seem to be listed here

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Day 1 patch

• Bug fixes and game balancing
  • Nyotengu, Phase 4 added (requires unlock DLC+patch to activate)
  • Lobby Match mode added
  • "Throwdown Challenge"(battle invite) feature added
  • Re-match enabled on Ranked match
  • Additional costumes (requires unlock DLC+patch to activate)
  • Additional BGM (requires unlock DLC+patch to activate)

Whatever Shimbori meant with "expressivity" sure doesn't seem to be listed here

Where is the point...
  • Navels added
???

ryu_highabusa

Banned
Jul 18, 2018

It's set to high-counter (160% damage scale). How often do you actually get a high-counter throw? How often can you even get a normal throw?

Unless your opponent is mashing hold non-stop in a match, this is only possible in training mode. If someone is spamming holds, they deserve to get blown up. This isn't remotely overpowered.

I'd even go as far as to say throws are way too strong in DOA.
For non-grapplers, yes.

Last edited:

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
It's set to high-counter (160% damage scale). How often do you actually get a high-counter throw? How often can you even get a normal throw?

Unless your opponent is mashing hold non-stop in a match, this is only possible in training mode. If someone is spamming holds, they deserve to get blown up. This isn't remotely overpowered.

Normal throws happen quite frequently, unless the opponent is just mashing. I'd even go as far as to say throws are way too strong in DOA.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, how are you guys going to thank me, for going on this months long crusade for navels for you?

C0n.gif

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hours Left will be crying in his pillow tonight...lol.

z_5c6fd08a6ab5e.jpg

And Kasumi's deluxe costume looks imo awful too:

z_5c6fd09bbc80e.jpg

There's so much going on and it is way to horizontally divided. Ayane looks way better with some vertical accents:

z_5c6fd08aa9745.jpg

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really like any of the deluxe costumes (the wrestling theme doesn't do anything for me), but eh.