Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Muscle Power
Zangief-SFV.jpg

TINAAAAAAAA YES. I like the outfit and don't like it at the same time

Out of all the characters to show off boob jiggle they chose Mila?

While its part of the series for me and am happy its really visible here the way they are handling it makes no sense at all.

Mila the character wearing a regular mma outfit got really visible jiggle, Helena in her chinese dress has barely any, Honoka in a zipped up sweatshirt has the most, Kasumi's 3 variations of her classic outfit all have different jiggle. Even if they want different levels of bouncing based on the outfit what they are doing now makes no sense.

Just give people options.

Default (costume dependent)
Off
Slight
Heavy jiggle

Last edited:

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
HELL YEAH!!!
Super stoked to see all three back, they all look great. Pretty surprised that concept art characters weren't the ones shown.
Now its countdown to Lisa!

Deleted member 35618

Dec 7, 2017
Muscle Power
Zangief-SFV.jpg

TINAAAAAAAA YES. I like the outfit and don't like it at the same time

While its part of the series for me and am happy its really visible here the way they are handling it makes no sense at all.

Mila the character wearing a regular mma outfit got really visible jiggle, Helena in her chinese dress has barely any, Honoka in a zipped up sweatshirt has the most, Kasumi's 3 variations of her classic outfit all have different jiggle. Even if they want different levels of bouncing based on the outfit what they are doing now makes no sense.

Just give people options.

Default (costume dependent)
Off
Slight
Heavy jiggle

I cannot roll my eyes harder at this post.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
Glad to see Tina and Bass simply because I enjoy picking out the wrestling moves they do (Bass has a better F5 than Lesnsr, fight me) but let's stop fucking around here...

No sleep til Christie!

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot roll my eyes harder at this post.

Ok?

The post mentioned Mila's jiggle and how it was shown on her out of all characters and I responded with a post about how TN current handling of the physics is widely inconsistent and doesn't seem like something that will please anyone.

People happy about Mila's more realistic look and less focus on fanservice probably would be more happy if that wasn't an outfit for her that showed a visible jiggle. Giving players options seems like the best way to handle it

Last edited:

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok?

The post mentioned Mila's jiggle and how it was shown on her out of all characters and I responded with a post about how TN current handling of the physics is widely inconsistent and doesn't seem like something that will please anyone.

People happy about Mila's more realistic look and less focus on fanservice probably would be more happy if that wasn't an outfit for her that showed a visible jiggle. Giving players options seems like the best way to handle it

Option is always good, they could use the Xenoblade Chronicle X way, locking up the fanservicy settings only for use in japan. It would be back to the roots xD

Anyway, the cast is expanding nicely it seems...
I don't really dig the extended costumes but it's al-right, that's money saved.

JunkerWoland

Jun 8, 2018
Outside not liking the leather coat, Tina's the first character model, where I don't really have any complaints; Mila just seems too lanky (not sure about the face, either), and Bass looks kinda plasticky, though some of that is probably the coat. I remain on the fence with the game and probably will, until we see what's offered in the final retail version.

DarkPrince

Dec 2, 2017
Yes, Tina, finally announced, definitely picking the game up now and her new outfit looks cool but I am hoping her special swimsuit returns :)

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Outside not liking the leather coat, Tina's the first character model, where I don't really have any complaints; Mila just seems too lanky (not sure about the face, either), and Bass looks kinda plasticky, though some of that is probably the coat. I remain on the fence with the game and probably will, until we see what's offered in the final retail version.

Not a big fan of the engine change. As you said with Bass there is something weirdly plastic looking about everything and seeing what their previous engine was capable off with X3 in terms of character models I wish they would have stuck with that one.

I'd rather have them just make it look natural for everyone and not have any options to make it look silly.

Well natural doesn't seem to be happening just seems super arbitrary right now

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
Seen on /v/, update on an old comparison.
This is actually kind of useful for comparison sake. I feel like they should have included arcade/Saturn faces along with PSone/DOA++ and the DOA2U alongside the DOAX and DOA4 faces, since they aren't exactly the same as the DOAX faces despite using the same engine. It also shows how there's a clear visual aesthetic difference in the DOAX games from the main series, like the lighting is flatter and the textures have a different look to them.

JunkerWoland

Jun 8, 2018
Not a big fan of the engine change. As you said with Bass there is something weirdly plastic looking about everything and seeing what their previous engine was capable off with X3 in terms of character models I wish they would have stuck with that one.
I'd certainly agree; although in terms of the new engine, I'd imagine the issue may be less tech limitations/differences and more the devs purposefully moving away from aspects of the DoA5/X3 designs. Regardless, it is what it is, and all one can do is wait to see what's offered in the final (or initial) retail product.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Does anyone else think it's super lazy to give Mila the same outfit? I know she's MMA but come on....

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Everything from yesterday is embargoed for now.

Soon.
Boooo.
Does anyone else think it's super lazy to give Mila the same outfit? I know she's MMA but come on....
As you say, she's a MMA fighter.
I guess there wasn't a specific issue with her default costume (unlike Kasumi for example), and that since she's a really recent character, they didn't really see a need for that either.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017

Rig also has the same so doa5 characters will probably have the same outfits

Only thing weird was seeing that scene where Tina tells Mila to beat up Bass with Mila in her mma outfit. I guess they don't want to show other outfits yet but DoA5 in the story liked to have the characters wear other outfits based on what they were doing.

Really liked Tina's "everyday" outfit

Last edited:

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I've said it before but I'll say it again. The character select screen in Dead or Alive 6 is probably my personal favourite out of ALL fighting games.

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I've decided I may begrudgingly give this game a chance at least. I still wish with every ounce of my being that Honoka and Marie Rose return to their home planets and die along the way but the rest of this is looking pretty solid. So long as Christie makes it back in I might just pick it up (she is best woman after all).

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
There was never any chance of Christie being omitted from a mainline DoA. Being one of the few villains in the cast only compounded that.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
We agree on something! Wohoo.

Her best outfit yet. Although I still miss brunette Tina from DoA1.

Always wanted them to do more regular clothes. While some characters have outfits that fit this theme there is a lot you can do from sexy to cool and stylish to just some comfy clothes also the perfect theme under which they could have brought Christie's trenchcoat back

DyByHands

Jul 16, 2018
Everything from yesterday is embargoed for now.

Soon.
I will be waiting for the impressions.

I need to see shirtless Bayman.
Agreed. We all need this, lol.

I've said it before but I'll say it again. The character select screen in Dead or Alive 6 is probably my personal favourite out of ALL fighting games.
It really does look great. Particularly, the fight posters are a nice touch for the quick info. I hope it doesn't change at all for the actual release.

Azuardo

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope Laura Bailey doesn't reprise her role as Christie. And I swear to god if they use Mela Lee as her replacement it will be even worse. Just get a native Englishwoman now, please.

(this all said, the inconsistency in the accents is amusing; most of the non-American characters have American accents)

Also, hi. First post in here I think. Since DOA6 info is getting hotter, I couldn't help but have a lurk in here. I'll be around more once the game is out.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I just hope Laura Bailey doesn't reprise her role as Christie. And I swear to god if they use Mela Lee as her replacement it will be even worse. Just get a native Englishwoman now, please.

(this all said, the inconsistency in the accents is amusing; most of the non-American characters have American accents)
Plot twist, Laura Bailey is now her JP VA.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea how the characters sound in English, lol, In all DOAs I have been using the Japanese voices.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I believe MVCI is the only fighting game this gen to lack Japanese voices (and only because none were ever recorded)?
You're right on the second front, though Killer Instinct games also don't have VA outside of English.

I don't know if NRS games get localized with voice but I wouldn't be surprised if the in-game sounds of grunting and shizz is all from the english VA.