• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't ran across any issues, but keep those updates coming.

The game already runs like a dream but... good to hear.

I'm on a regular PS4 and while it's fine most of the time, in the area I'm at specifically (distribution center near junk dealer and weather station) I'm getting very noticeable framerate dives. Maybe there's just too much crap built up around here. Would be nice if the patch fixes it.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
Good because on my Base PS4 when i`m driving too fast on roads (chapter 3) i get heavy framerate drops

Oct 27, 2017
In the menu, when youre doing things, instead of out in the field where you largely are doing nothing but hours of walking.

The priorities were fucked there and its infuriating.

I personally think that the way it's implemented is near perfect. It adds weight to situations when the music does kick in.
This wouldn't work for every game but in DS it's amazing.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I get disconnected a lot when I play, hopefully that's better. Text needs to be bigger, I'd love you to be able to change the colors for map icons in first person mode, those are too small and hard to read.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I haven't hit a single bug or stability issue and just one performance hit when I'm trying to exit a terminal and open my cuff menu too fast on a base ps4. The polish this game has is impeccably but I'll take updates.

You haven't run into how loading screen progress bars start at 100% and don't animate properly?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Here's hoping it irons out whatever small drops the cut-scenes have in Pro's 4K mode.

The game play has been nothing but rock-solid 30 FPS through and through.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Maybe it fixes the menu texts in pt-br. All the toggles are inverted for some reason. Enabled is Disabled and Disabled is Enabled.

And man, I really, really want a photomode in this game as soon as possible. I'm in chapter 3 but would probably delete my save to start from scratch if them add a photomode.

Oct 28, 2017
There are road sections where you are just driving long-haul somewhere only to be interrupted by the extremely slow animation that plays when you come into proximity with BTs that serves no purpose whatsoever. That needs to be patched so areas which trigger it aren't overlapping with the road. It's really annoying.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
The only thing that needs to be patched is the text. It's too small and the blue text blends in the background. Can't read shit!
Also having a huge problem with the text. I'm using a normal PS4 on a 4K 52inch TV and my couch is 10 feet away and it's unplayable I need to sit on the floor halfway.

Some stuff is really obvious to pick out like Wind Farm but Waystation of Central Knot City and Distribution Centre West of Central Knot City ir whatever they are called I find hard to discern.

I'm actually kinda hoarding all the emails and interviews until I decide to do a story time and plop myself in front of the TV and read them, and they are generally the easier thing to read, zooming in and trying to read some package description is killing me.

Also, anyone else annoyed by right stick clicking in to zoom and also pan the camera? Can it not be a toggle pleasw? Holding down the right stick and moving the same stick with accuracy (you are zoomed in after all) is annoying for me. A simple toggle would have been fine.

There are road sections where you are just driving long-haul somewhere only to be interrupted by the extremely slow animation that plays when you come into proximity with BTs that serves no purpose whatsoever. That needs to be patched so areas which trigger it aren't overlapping with the road. It's really annoying.

Yea this kind of annoys me too. We stop and get a little alert for timefall where he puts the hood up, then we get oooh spooky noises for BT's where he stops and a sound plays? Then we stop again and get the arm activating. Kinda redunant just need the timefall on, sound plays without stopping our gameplay and arm out when close to BT's.

To be honest though it would have been nice if the arm was more dynamic, coming out and going away on the fly rather than a little sequence.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Re: how good the performance is - is the Decima engine just that good? it's insane how polished this is considering how quick the dev time was.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Also, anyone else annoyed by right stick clicking in to zoom and also pan the camera? Can it not be a toggle pleasw? Holding down the right stick and moving the same stick with accuracy (you are zoomed in after all) is annoying for me. A simple toggle would have been fine.

Ya this is annoying too but I rarely use it to begin with.

civet

Jul 6, 2019
France
The only thing that needs to be patched is the text. It's too small and the blue text blends in the background. Can't read shit!
That's a sure thing, I don't know why no one managed to at least add an option to allow us to use various size of text. I had to unplug the console from the TV and plug in onto my pc's monitor. At least I've got the option to do so but it's not the case for everyone and I'd like to play the game on a larger screen in any case.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I'm on a regular PS4 and while it's fine most of the time, in the area I'm at specifically (distribution center near junk dealer and weather station) I'm getting very noticeable framerate dives. Maybe there's just too much crap built up around here. Would be nice if the patch fixes it.

I'm on the Pro guess I should have said, but no doubt hopefully the patch clears that up.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah curious to see if this improves the stuttering in cutscenes. Outside of that I've seen zero performance issues.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Glad I'm not the only one. This is not the game to be playing laying down in bed, especially not with that confusing ass UI.
Yes! I constantly have to get out of the couch and get closer to the TV just to read text. I've tried to find if there is any option to change this but there seems to be none.
In the meantime, press Playstation Button + Square to zoom in; easy to activate it system wide in accessibilitity options if you haven't already.

I haven't had any trouble reading anything on my 55" 4k living room TV except for the occasional button instruction in a menu, like "R2" or "L2", those icons are hard to make out.

And it's been completely smooth for me on PS4 Pro in 4k. The excellent digital foundry video only found tiny drops in cutscenes and strangely when Sam looks at himself in the mirror; it uses an expensive method to create the reflection apparently.

Last edited:

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I actually have a genuine issue. I delivered lost cargo before the story required cargo after arriving in the new city in chapter 3 and now my rank with the city's supervisor is stuck at three stars no matter how many lost or quest-related packages I deliver him.

I truly hope this patch just happens to fix my very specific and weird issue (I doubt it haha)

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
In chapter 3 just got the Bola gun and this game runs perfectly. I have noticed no issues so this patch seems great!

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
Saw this and thought it was odd, since I genuinely have had no performance related issues at all. Then thought maybe they're referring to network connection, and it would be improved, fixing the random disconnects from the online functions (which is the one notable problem I've encountered while playing). Nope. Still happens. So yeah, I can't imagine what 1gb of performance fixes were needed when, at least from the 50+ hours I've played, I couldn't remember a single moment of performance related issues. Like, really surprisingly good performance.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Frame pacing seems better, at least during gameplay. Maybe it's just me, but it does feel a bit smoother. I'm on base PS4 btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.